[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghCPplWuRKssnBBYh2WvmxEtfIPr7jLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-081absODrYJy-QVRo4pwiPRpuhGGp4L3zlWAf316yYOlhVxoPbBAdMs5eVUlM9X5f0bRki9GwLkyd_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3yKwoRLw==
Last edited by NirenSaga on Dec 24, 2016, 5:40:57 PM
bloodey's post is pretty standard leveling. Really just use any aoe spell since that's what we're scaling. Damage type doesn't really matter. Good spells are BV, FS vortex, though you can really use anything.

@kslo42
Why Blight? Mana cost is lowest, the slow is nice, it double dips everything we're scaling (even though it's still meh damage, it's still something). You can use wither if you want, but it feels kind of weird with vortex. Why CwC? Because 1) it is equivalent to something like 160% cast speed for vortex, and 2) there aren't really many good supports for vortex past controlled and aoe/conc. Ele focus and empower don't double dip, and void is only partially effective. Vortex is best in a CoC, CwC or a 4L in the essence helm.

@stephenp1983
Double dipping refers to the DoT being scaled twice. Don't try to facetank high dps attacks. Just WB thru them to dodge. Temp chains + chill gives you lots of time to attack after a dodge before you have to move again. You should be able to leech more than enough mana to sustain. You just have to actually hit and not whiff.

@escey
This isn't a life build. It's ES. Obviously if you're playing HC you'd pick up more life/es nodes while leveling. This is just a SC guide, but the build is more than capable in HC at the end.
have you tried using empower over void manipulation? just curious which one gives more dmg.
"
Xyreal wrote:
have you tried using empower over void manipulation? just curious which one gives more dmg.

Level 4 Empower is going to be ~32.4% more damage (on a level 21 Vortex) that does not double dip. Void Manipulation gives 39% * 0.6 = 23.4% more damage that does double dip. It is probably really similar damage in the end with Empower slightly better, but Void Manipulation is like, 1/100th the cost of a level 4 Empower. Level 3 Empower is definitely not worth it.

If anything, Elemental Focus is going to be better with 49% more non-double dip damage. I just don't like that it doesn't affect Blight and prevents ignites which still do a sizable amount of damage when it triggers (12.5% crit chance).

I have not run any damage equations, though, since I don't use Path of Building.

edit: I ran damage calcs through PoB using my own char. Here's what I got assuming 5 wither stacks, tri-curse but no Atziri/Witchfire damage buffs since PoB can't calculate them:

Lv4 Empower:
Vortex dps including DoT = 98,965.4
Poison dps per stack = 43,394.7 for 3s
Ignite: 31,282.3 for 7s
Total dps with one poison stack = 173,642.4
Total dps with one poison stack no ignite = 142,360.1

Lv20 Void Manipulation:
Vortex dps including DoT = 88,098.7
Poison dps per stack = 63,076 for 3s
Ignite = 22,066.5 for 7s
Total dps with one poison stack = 173,241.2
Total dps with one poison stack no ignite = 151,174.7

Lv20 Elemental Focus:
Vortex dps including DoT = 110,739
Poison dps per stack = 49,340.4 for 3s
Total dps with one poison stack = 160,079.4

You can see that Void Manipulation is actually better than a level 4 Empower at only one poison stack, and it only gets better for each additional stack. Elemental Focus does better at only one stack assuming you don't ignite, but eventually becomes inferior with more poison stacks. So confirmed, Void Manipulation is going to be the best 6th link.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Dec 24, 2016, 9:05:32 PM
I just reached the point where I get to wear consuming dark and I've gotta say, loving the build so far! It's been 10x more fun than my tornado shot ranger :D
I wish vortex hit some sort of critical mass and exploded in a supernova... the MTX effects are basically ready to go.

Last edited by Hyfsad on Jun 28, 2019, 8:35:02 PM
Currently unable to get a 6L beast fur, would you say a 5L beast fur would outdo a Skin of the Loyal or Skin of the Lord with an appropriate keystone?
"
if i were to use wither instead of blight, can i change the spelltotem setup to inc duration vaal discipline and vaal lightning trap for faster boss killing?

Sure you can this is the build template.You dont have to copy/paste exactly what op did.
Always optimise build for your style or gear.
"
Currently unable to get a 6L beast fur, would you say a 5L beast fur would outdo a Skin of the Loyal or Skin of the Lord with an appropriate keystone?

Dps wise loyal will give you most dps but def wise furl be better choice. with loyal you lose 500-800 (furl or good rare chest) flat es which is damn huge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info