[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

How exactly does spell damage double-dip for anything in this build as you claim?

Blight doesn't hit and doesn't apply poison. Spell damage bonus applies once and that's it.

Vortex hits, but only the initial hit is scaled by spell damage.

Double-dipping is when a damage bonus scales both a skill that hits and again on the degen that follows it, spell damage is still way worse for your build point-for-point than chaos/area damage. Likewise, Pain Attunement is just 30% more blight damage and 30% more Vortex on-hit damage, there's no double-dipping going on.

Strong build nevertheless. I'd probably prefer the CI version because losing a shield, amulet, and ring slot means you need some serious flat ES on every other piece of gear.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Jan 1, 2017, 6:15:17 PM
"
Hey mate.

Started out this build yesterday and now lv 79 with 9.5k ES, this is a blast to play. I didn't think I would find another build to enjoy as much as KotF but I clearly did. Thanks a lot for that.

Do you think there would be an easy weapon swap to change poison to ignite damages with smth like Doryani's for poison immune guardians ? Wouldn't it make them easier ?

Doryanni's + a shield is probably pretty good, or maybe a Decay weapon since I believe it still works. For links, you'd want to swap out Void for probably chance to ignite. Without that 6th link to put chance to ignite, though, you aren't really going to be igniting much so the damage will be pretty low. I personally just ignore those two and bought the frags for Shaper.

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
How exactly does spell damage double-dip for anything in this build as you claim?

Blight doesn't hit and doesn't apply poison. Spell damage bonus applies once and that's it.

Double-dipping is when a damage bonus scales both a skill that hits and again on the degen that follows it, spell damage is still way worse for your build point-for-point than chaos/area damage. Likewise, Pain Attunement is just 30% more blight damage and 30% more Vortex on-hit damage, there's no double-dipping going on.

Strong build nevertheless. I'd probably prefer the CI version because losing a shield, amulet, and ring slot means you need some serious flat ES on every other piece of gear.

Read both Blight and Vortex tooltips. You're not understanding how the skills work.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 1, 2017, 7:05:19 PM
I am actually planning a similar build but with Wither - Cwc - Bladefall - Poison - Added Chaos - Conc Effect(?)

Essnetially http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQUTHACA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU-X9FJTl5U9X0yzIG5QMNterrNBlgVC0PUsnNAf7-si9GwLkyd_xsHF7BiP-lxAVL0V7ZaL1bmHy6ebdZ7PFdDQX2pHBvLhY0MN0eOEKwpd8ioLcFKJ04w2ES_rYxEPrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAeESFxrw23AZjwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWmV5QpT2u3hX2ePIx27DiFe2ZUtUh2gsgM1EKEb3X9Fr9qjPVvyBSi2bDYD6ski8M6Kjjr9WSd8h25k8MJLL8V14auVmOPRh0U-tJmnrcxjmT3prb637BSr7tN3V9n_HzwkQdCenpwu_wVfgAAEAAAAgAH0AEB9AECEQACAwAA0QAYAssBFAAFAfQBAdwFARQAAdwAAXgABAcAHgJFAAABAV4BBgEsAQFeAQFeAQFeAQECAAH6AAAAABgCkAEUAAUBCgAB3AUBrA0BIAMByAAEBwAaAikBFAEBXgEEAiwBmAMBQAEBlgAByAADAwAdAuoBFAEBeAAFAQQAAWQAAWQAASwBAiwBHgADAwAAABMCJAAAAQGgAAMByAABLAEAAAAAAAAVAg8AFAEBXgEDARQAAfoAAZYAAAAAFQIOABQBAegDAwH0AQG8AgHSAAAAAAAA

With a focal point being using Obliteration wand for +15% Phys gained as Chaos, and since it copies the Profane Blood explosion for double the chance. (In junction with a Broken Faith for +10% Phys gained as Chaos, 0.4% Chaos leech, and idk how much it will come up but Unholy Might on block for +30% Phys gained as chaos.

I am curious if there was a particular reason you wanted to go the Vortex route and then have to go through two separate damage conversions? I am currently playing a Bladeflurry - Cwc - Vortex build that uses Cospri's Malice for a second Vortex on crits; Kills really fast, my only problem was the feel of having to get up an personal with mobs and I found just trying out that Wither and Bladefall just overlap exactly where you drop them and it feels like a really good fit.
"
Kartikeya wrote:
I am curious if there was a particular reason you wanted to go the Vortex route and then have to go through two separate damage conversions? I am currently playing a Bladeflurry - Cwc - Vortex build that uses Cospri's Malice for a second Vortex on crits; Kills really fast, my only problem was the feel of having to get up an personal with mobs and I found just trying out that Wither and Bladefall just overlap exactly where you drop them and it feels like a really good fit.

1) I like a more tanky melee playstyle than a range one.
2) Vortex is my favorite spell.
3) I wanted to use Blight.
"
dragonsroc wrote:
"
Hey mate.

Started out this build yesterday and now lv 79 with 9.5k ES, this is a blast to play. I didn't think I would find another build to enjoy as much as KotF but I clearly did. Thanks a lot for that.

Do you think there would be an easy weapon swap to change poison to ignite damages with smth like Doryani's for poison immune guardians ? Wouldn't it make them easier ?

Doryanni's + a shield is probably pretty good, or maybe a Decay weapon since I believe it still works. For links, you'd want to swap out Void for probably chance to ignite. Without that 6th link to put chance to ignite, though, you aren't really going to be igniting much so the damage will be pretty low. I personally just ignore those two and bought the frags for Shaper.

"
RabidRabbit wrote:

Read both Blight and Vortex tooltips. You're not understanding how the skills work.

One of us sure doesn't understand how the skills work, or what double-dipping is.

If you're referring to the "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time" tag, that's not double-dipping in any form. That tag is the difference between spell damage having NO effect on degen damage and it having normal scaling. You have three different damage sources that each single-dip with spell damage:

Blight - if you have 100% increased spell damage, blight deals 100% increased damage over time. Simple. Not double-dipping.

Vortex Hit (with poison) - if you have 100 increased spell damage, the hit deals 100% increased damage. The resulting poison also deals damage proportional to the hit, so 2x the poison damage. Not double dipping.

Vortex Degen - same as blight.

Now let's examine what double-dipping actually is: if you have 100% increased CHAOS damage:

Vortex Hit (with poison) - if you have 100 increased CHAOS damage, the hit deals 100% increased damage. The resulting poison scales up with the hit, then AGAIN with chaos damage, resulting in 2*2 = 4x the poison damage you would otherwise have.

Area/chaos damage is much stronger than spell damage for your build, like every other build that uses poison. Your choice of spells doesn't change that.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Jan 2, 2017, 11:41:36 PM
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
One of us sure doesn't understand how the skills work, or what double-dipping is.

If you're referring to the "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time" tag, that's not double-dipping in any form. That tag is the difference between spell damage having NO effect on degen damage and it having normal scaling. You have three different damage sources that each single-dip with spell damage:

Blight - if you have 100% increased spell damage, blight deals 100% increased damage over time. Simple. Not double-dipping.

Vortex Hit (with poison) - if you have 100 increased spell damage, the hit deals 100% increased damage. The resulting poison also deals damage proportional to the hit, so 2x the poison damage. Not double dipping.

Vortex Degen - same as blight.

Now let's examine what double-dipping actually is: if you have 100% increased CHAOS damage:

Vortex Hit (with poison) - if you have 100 increased CHAOS damage, the hit deals 100% increased damage. The resulting poison scales up with the hit, then AGAIN with chaos damage, resulting in 2*2 = 4x the poison damage you would otherwise have.

Area/chaos damage is much stronger than spell damage for your build, like every other build that uses poison. Your choice of spells doesn't change that.

Again, you do not know how these spell mechanics work. Poison does not normally double dip with spell damage. The special modifier on Vortex allows poison to double dip on spell damage. It is the very reason Vortex is such a powerful spell, able to ignite at Flameblast damage levels without the channel time. I have played many different Vortex builds that exploit this modifier. I know for a fact that it interacts in this way. Many people have tested it and found it to be true. It is also stated in the wiki and calculated this way in Path of Building. Have you even tried it yourself? I appreciate you trying to help out, but please don't spread misinformation and accuse me of not knowing how my own build mechanics work when you don't even understand them.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 3, 2017, 1:00:46 AM
How good is the Cold to Chaos Jewel?

Is there a big difference in damage/survivability between the Shavs/Non-Shavs versions?
"
Valentia wrote:
How good is the Cold to Chaos Jewel?

Is there a big difference in damage/survivability between the Shavs/Non-Shavs versions?

The Green Dream jewel? Very good. The 5% extra chaos damage alone is about a 3.5 damage mod jewel. Then you include getting free frenzy charges, which is another 12% more damage (16% if you help Kraitlyn), along with some extra cast/attack speed. It's certainly not required, but it is one of the bigger gear upgrades you can do.

Honestly, the damage difference between CI and LL is not that big. You won't notice it at all in clearspeed, and it makes bosses only a few seconds faster. Survivability is pretty much the same as well assuming good gear. I only ended up losing ~700 ES, but I no longer take an extra 5% damage either. So really, I only ended up losing ~300 effective ES. Since Shavs are so cheap this league, they're about the same price as a Shawl. I was able to sell my 6L Shawl for 9.5ex and buy a 6L Shavs for 10ex. So the biggest price difference is the Presence of Chayula. The main advatange of going LL is being able to double blasphemy for more consistency, and freeing up an additional gem slot or two to run another skill.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 3, 2017, 1:22:08 AM
What do you think about this? Any good or a rare is still better?

Last edited by tipicozzy on Jan 3, 2017, 1:30:04 PM
Rerolled my elementalist to this build, its nice and I dont even have 20/20 gems or any really good gear and still doing some good damage.

Is there any better way to deal with the mana issues? I cant channel for long and its really annoying when you have to stop casting and run around.

What kind of % leech do you people have? I got my warlord + atziri flask, but still in some cases I really have problems leeching up. Leech on boots? Vinktars? Any gems that might do it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info