[2.5] Lowlife SRS / Golem Necromancer

This build mains Flame golem and Summon raging spirits then scales auras while going the necromancer to scale the attack speed and damage.

We run 7 Auras : Discipline, Haste, Purity of Elements, Purity of (Choice), Clarity, Grace, Envy

Envy is a new aura that gives flat chaos damage to yourself and nearby allies exactly like anger.

Gear

Weapon

Weapon:

#1 : Our best in slot item is a United in dream for the extra aura it grants which gives flat chaos damage to spells and attacks which scales well with poison and minion damage.

Minions poison on hit which synergises well with added chaos which makes scaling SRS damage a bit easier with a 4link.

#2 : Is United in Dreams younger brother Severed in Sleep, It pretty much has most of the benefits from Untied in Dream, Just doesn't have as high minion damage or the extra chaos aura and the leech is on kill not hit.

Usually a fair bit cheaper than the upgraded version so this is a nice filler until you can afford the upgrade.

#3 : Usually costs an alch for a lower roll, nice increase in energy shield until you can afford an upgrade.

Shield

Belts: : We want a Prism guardian, these are usually pretty cheap nowdays so you shouldn't have much trouble buying one.

Helmet:

#1 : The highest ES helmet you can possibly get with some decent suffixes

#2 : The Martyr's Crown is a very cheap option with a nice bit of energy shield

Enchants are really personal preference, I like the 18% chance to summon an additional SRS because while mapping you usually have more up but versus bosses It can be pretty bad and SRS damage would be better.

Chest:

#1 : Best in slot obviously is going to be a shavronne's wrappings because of chaos cannot bypass energyshield and the decently high energyshield.

#2 : Really the only other option other than shavs, will be hard to colour but will be extremely cheap.

Gloves:

#1 We would want a rare pair of ES gloves crafted with an essence of insanity, the higher the ES the better.

#2: A rare pair of gloves with High ES and good suffixes can be used until you can afford to get an insanity pair, I would recommend trying to upgrade to an insanity pair as soon as possible tho.

Boots

#1 : We want a rare pair with High ES, Movespeed, Int and Resistances (This one has a bit lower movespeed than what I recommend but you get the picture)

#2 : Steppan Eards are a GREAT budget option and you can easily use these forever and never upgrade, I would only ever recommend upgrading your boots as your last piece.

Amulets

#1 : An upgraded Eye of Chayula is the best amulet we could ever dream of, gives us a nice 1kish energy shield, chaos res, rarity and cannot be stunned!

#2 : Just a Normal Chayula amulet can be fine until we upgrade into the upgraded version.

Rings

#1A rare ring crafted with an essence of fear for minion speed, Flat energy shield, Intel and crafted with % Energy shield anything extra is nice.

#2 : A rare with Flat Energy shield, Intel, % ES and Mana regen is really nice and anything extra is nice

Belts

Belts:

#1 A Crystal belt crafted with an essence of Spite for the intel, flat energyshield and resistances.

#2 : A Crystal Belt with Flat Energy shield, Resistances and strength can free up a passive point or two.

Jewels

You want an anima, primordial might, two primordial harmonys and an energy within for the melding cluster.

Links

Weapon:

You want a RGB with a 2l / 1l the 2link being GB and 1l being R
2l : Desecrate - Clarity | Generosity

Shield:

Discipline - Purity of Elements - Grace (They don't need to be linked)

Helmet:

We use two, two links
Blood Magic - Purity of Ice
Flamedash - Haste

Gloves:

Summon raging spirits - Added Chaos - Minion Damage - Melee Splash / Multistrike for single swapout

Boots:

Vaal haste - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration - Flesh Offering

Chest:

5Link - Flame Golem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus
6Link - Flame Golem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Empower

Passives

119 Points - Level96
108 Points - Level85

Bandits : Skill Point - Skill Point - Skill Point

Ascendancy:
Normal : Mistress of Sacrifice
Cruel : Commander of Darkness
Merciless : Beacon of Corruption
Uber : Spirit Eater

Videos

Leveling Tips

I completely Respeced a character so if anyone has any suggestions to put in here I would really appreciate it!

My Gear

IGN: @Norse
Last edited by norseman21 on Dec 25, 2016, 8:59:49 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2017, 2:43:18 PM
nice
No ZO? I really find that ZO helps a lot. It's a great build, I really prefer using BM gem over the BM key stone version, which I also tried, but didn't like not having ZO, which I think is great since we don't leech.
Good guide thx.

But having srs on a helmet +2 minion can be an option? Or the differene in damage is too great?
Last edited by amnesike on Dec 25, 2016, 11:46:32 AM
would this work on pure LL srs with the same tree and 6l srS? i dont fancy golem playstyle much
"
Virbrance wrote:
would this work on pure LL srs with the same tree and 6l srS? i dont fancy golem playstyle much

Probably, but the golems are just an added bonus to the build.

Since there's not a lot of discussion yet (and norse hasn't actually posted much about the build) I can chime in some: This build is pretty amazing for clearing maps. I missed the last league and am now catching up, so far I've killed everything I've gotten to try with it, which at the moment is the Phoenix boss. Build can be modified a bit and the clear speed is great, it's very safe for breaches as well because with the high clearspeed you always have vaal haste and discipline up. With vaal disc I have about 15-16k ES and without it just below 10k. With ES enchants on rings I think I could push it up to maybe 11k or so and I think norse has 12k+

Golems add a lot to the build but so do the SRS, they work great in harmony and what I really love about the golems in particular is that when you have a boss, such as the phoenix guardian, where you have to run around and you might not have time to summon new SRS, they'll still be damaging adds and whatnot, so you don't get overrun.

Besides that, it almost feels like you're playing some kinda ranger build because you have haste, vaal haste, flesh offering and 30% move speed boots, you're like sanic blazing through maps
"
Virbrance wrote:

It should work fine but you would have to spec into more mana regen to be able to handle the increased mana cost.
IGN: @Norse
"
Virbrance wrote:

I'm playing it atm with BM and 6L SRS. It's crazy good, i'm lookinf for SRS 21 and Empower 4 now but the dps is already insane. Using stone golems (for HP regen) 4L with splash + minion damage + phys dmg and they already rape most packs + they taunt

I plugged this setup into the aura calculator and don't even have enough mana to re-cast flame golems:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#4S5u65/EUe.N494/ajzc.75/9b.uFp

Do I need to get more jewel slots for reduced mana, or just need more int/mana?
"
scrllock wrote:

I plugged this setup into the aura calculator and don't even have enough mana to re-cast flame golems:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#4S5u65/EUe.N494/ajzc.75/9b.uFp

Do I need to get more jewel slots for reduced mana, or just need more int/mana?

You just need to grab all the Reduced Mana reserved Nods and you should be fine (At least in a 5link setup)

Here is my current setup @78
Spoiler

My problem is, I really feel that the build lacks damage (Granting I still have to grab some of the aura and minion damage nods). I was testing the dps at normal atziri and I think it takes way too long, I even think it would be faster with a normal SRS build. I don't know if I'm missing something here, and I would really aprecciate any insight. Maybe I can drop grace and get another damage aura like hatred or wrath?
Last edited by Zofo on Dec 28, 2016, 7:13:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info