A Preview of Content Update 2.5.1 - Divination Cards and 3D Art

"

That's incorrect. This card only offends me if it's directed towards Jesus Christ who led a sinless life . If it's just meant to signify a corrupt religious figure I have no issue with it . Corruption in the name of religion has always existed and sadly is commonplace.

Again, you're just ignoring my point. Regardless of whether it is intended to be directed at Jesus (for which there is no evidence beyond your own interpretation of the card), being offended to the point of threatening a mass exodus of supporters is clearly a lack of perspective on your part. You seem incapable of understanding that your belief system differs from others. In fact, the theme of overly pious religious figures being corrupt is one that exists in the gospels themselves. Why would GGG be targeting Jesus with the same criticisms that he levied against the Pharisees? The act of demanding that GGG addresses the intent of this card is what I am criticizing because it shouldn't offend your faith that other people feel differently about religious figures even if it was 100% intended.

You've decided that out of all the sacrilegious things in this game, that this one piece of artwork may have gone too far, and because of that you're making demands. I've been taking the time to try to rationally address your issue simply because I'm bored and have a historical appreciation for several religions. Meanwhile half the other comments show that you're playing into stereo types and giving your own faith a bad image. If you truly believe that you have no choice but to leave the game after 5 years because GGG insulted "the son of god" (assuming it was an intentional direct insult) then you should leave, but the way you've made demands and threats and continue to preach regarding how offensive it would be makes it clear that you're more concerned that you appear righteous than actually being true to your beliefs. It's really come full circle, as you're in the position of the Pharisees who were so offended that Jesus would interact with a prostitute (Mary Magdalene), and had to make sure that their displeasure was known.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Dec 20, 2016, 3:45:39 PM
Christians are angry at something irrelevant, no way...
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Stoked!
"
"
RichMoney wrote:
"
Your missing the point. I merely asked for clarification on whether the maker of this card meant for it to depict Jesus Christ or not. If not than clear up the waters by saying it was meant to just be a corrupt religious figure and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. If u can't admit it's atypical artwork that resembles Jesus Christ you are in denial.

If you can't admit that you're being easily offended based on something relatively benign then you're in denial. It doesn't matter what the intention is, because you've already decided that you want to be offended. If GGG says "yes" then your offense is justified in your mind, and if they say "no" then you'd probably think they were just trying to backpedal after offending you. The fact that it's such a big problem for you in the first place regardless of the intent is my point, which you missed.

That's incorrect. This card only offends me if it's directed towards Jesus Christ who led a sinless life . If it's just meant to signify a corrupt religious figure I have no issue with it . Corruption in the name of religion has always existed and sadly is commonplace.

O.K, I kinda see your point now. If the card does happen to depict Jesus Christ as a dishonest and sinful person then that really should be addressed and changed. I kinda doubt it though, since it is based on a fantasy world and Christianity as we know it wouldn't exist in that world, so i think it's just a mundane example of a corrupt religious figure.

Just a new player's perspective
"
For some further perspective. Halos are simply an artistic interpretation of holiness. The halo originated from the Pre-Islmaic Iranian faith of Zoroastrianism. They believed in a "Divine Favor". was represented by a ring called the Hvrena which was given to the king by their gods, but if the king displeased the gods, it was taken away. This ring was guarded by the god Mithras, who was the god of Daylight. When Zoroastrianism migrated into the Roman Empire in the form of Mithraism, the Hvrena was depicted as a halo on the head of Mithras. Christian practices were evolving at the same time, so artists would have been familiar with the halos in Mithraism. In the Roman Empire, it was common to practice multiple faiths, so there was often a sharing and crossing over of traditions. Halos were not not used in Christian art until Mithraism was almost extinct around the 4th century AD. By a strict interpretation one could argue that Halos are blasphemous within Christian artwork as it implies a divine favor from another god to show holiness based on the history of the halo itself.

I did not know this. Learn something new every day! Thanks for interesting info.
Censored.
"

The symbol the "Saint" is wearing is the Descry of the Templars and can be found in game.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Descry

Most relevant here is above the entrance to The Crypt Level 1 in Fellshrine Ruins - The Templars.

I think it's safe to say that the false Saint in "The Saint's Treasure" is depicted as a Templar and not Jesus Christ.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
Your missing the point. I merely asked for clarification on whether the maker of this card meant for it to depict Jesus Christ or not. If not than clear up the waters by saying it was meant to just be a corrupt religious figure and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. If u can't admit it's atypical artwork that resembles Jesus Christ you are in denial.

If you do not know if this card shows jesus or not and want further clarification,then propably it doesn't show him at all.
Asking from the creator to clarify this to you is a typical show of arrogance most religious people have. If an NPC a mob or whatever reminds you of any other figure of your religion should the creators clarify this too? You ask all bearded people to clarify they do not mimic jesus?
If you got offended by a false saint in wraeclast quit the game,the world does not turn around you and your easily offended mind.
"
Chayman wrote:
The Saint's Treasure - so how come ProjectPT got featured on a card?

I want clarification from the creator and all of GGG that this card does not show projectPT.
If they do not comment,it will mean that it actualy shows projectPT,i will be offended and won't eat my dinner. I will cry in a corner too.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
I'm actually waiting for a comment from GGG on this.I Refuse to play a game that depicts the Son of God as a liar and thief. If u got the balls to put something like that in game I'd like for you to acknowledge it publicly.

I did warn you, GGG, that someone would be offended.

I like all the cards but it doesn't take a genius to see that someone might be offended because of the way classical art has depicted Christ. I actually thought we might hear from Catholics complaining about the denigration of saints (I grew up with a lot of them).

Please, people don't make fun of religious people. Its not nice. We should respect their views even if we disagree.

We should respect their right to hold their views and speak about them. Noone has to respect the views themselves,especialy if they demand we change our behavior because it offends them.
Anyone can be offended about anything,i could be offended because an npc looks like my grandfather and demand to remove him. That could be as important to me as jesus is for the other.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info