[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

he wont touch the build for a long time because its been nerfed by the changes to AOE and vaal disc. . .
the elemental proliferation hes talking about comes from the ascendancy "beacon of ruin" which spread ignite, freeze, and shock. . .
but if your spells dont crit. . . then you wont apply those status ailments hes so worried about. . .(unless you get lucky because fire damage that doesnt crit has a less than 99% chance to apply ignite, so ultimately its 50/50)

(and we're not critting nearly enough or else we just roll assassin)

then that prolif doesnt really matter at all

(its really only a convenience because the best prolif status ailment is ignite and shock and those could spread to other mobs, this entire issue just comes down to mapping. . .has Nothing To Do With Bosses)

if your dealing 18k with abberaths fury then why would a 1 second or less of proliferated ignite damage mean anything? we kill stuff so fast that the 1 second or less of proliferated ignite is inconsequential! the same could be said for shock and freeze because the kill speed is so fast it doesnt matter. . .

so if hes worried about the crit then why arent we rolling assassin? don't tell me beacon of ruin was the fulcrum of your motivation to build this from elementalist. . . .your spending points on spell crit chance. . . .i wonder why assassin wasnt considered?
oh but dont reply! we know your busy with the new league :)
"

but if your spells dont crit. . . then you wont apply those status ailments hes so worried about(unless you get lucky because fire damage that doesnt crit has a less than 99% chance to apply ignite, so ultimately its 50/50)

then that prolif doesnt really matter at all

(its really only a convenience because the best prolif status ailment is ignite and shock and those could spread to other mobs, this entire issue just comes down to mapping. . .has Nothing To Do With Bosses)

if your dealing 18k with abberaths fury then why would a 1 second or less of proliferated ignite damage mean anything? we kill stuff so fast that the 1 second or less of proliferated ignite is inconsequential! the same could be said for shock and freeze because the kill speed is so fast it doesnt matter. . .

so if hes worried about the crit then why arent we rolling assassin? don't tell me beacon of ruin was the fulcrum of your motivation to build this from elementalist. . . .your spending points on spell crit chance. . . .i wonder why assassin wasnt considered?
oh but dont reply! we know your busy with the new league :)

Please stop commenting on things you know nothing about.

Beacon of ruin proliferates the status ailments that you apply through conflux. Conflux takes all your damage, regardless of type, regardless of crit, and applies a status ailment based on that. There's a reason your herald of thunder is always up even if the only lightning damage we have is an added lightning gem and little to no crit chance. Because we're shocking all the time.

The crit is only to consistently have elemental overload up.

And the reason I'm not touching this build for a while is because I'm not currently playing it. I'm busy playing the new league and I can't be bothered looking into this thread answering 2.6 questions when I haven't spent any time testing stuff (because I test stuff before making bold comments about whatever the fuck without any knowledge).

This build will be better as inquisitor when I get back to working on it so for now, it's mostly obsolete as a witch.

It's been post after post of contradicting me with your "thoughts and ideas". You talk out of your ass about stuff and you're just confusing the players who read the thread. Someone with a mirrored item shouldn't be this clueless about the game. Just go RMT some more.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
PleaseMasterMakeMeScream or as I by now call you PleaseMasterMakeHimStopTalking, let me point out a few things about your awesome build.

You bought a legacy Vinktars Flask, which is a great item to have. You have twice the uptime of SimpleSims uptime on Vinktars. Yet to failed to buy one that gives "Adds xx Lightning Damage to SPELLS", as that would actually benefit you compared to a Vinktars with lightning damage to attacks. With said Spell Damage Vinktars you could replace your life leech gem on your legacy Shavronnes with a gem that increases your damage because the leech from Vinktars, which you out of all of us really should be able to sustain, is 15 times stronger on a percentual level than the life leech gem.

You have RRRG gloves with increased duration and have your phase run in your shield? Care to comment on that? You even invested in a green dream...

That mirrored dagger of yours probably was top notch when you played fakener build back in 2.3, yet it is really sub-par for the build you are playing here. An implicit to spell damage would increase the damage of VRF, your 18k Abberath's Fury and your herald action. An add flat fire damage mod on it would increase your damage again, as the tree has increased fire damage. You don't even make use of having a dagger with "Hits can't be evaded" as I see no whirling blades with fortify.

You went for a shield with quite the nice amount of energy shield, yet dropped a curse for it. In terms of damage you are behind everybody that got one curse more.

to top it off you are leveling 4 gems in your offhand set that would benefit from the weapon mod "socketed support gems gain 6% quality" and did not augment your movement speed flask.

To sum it up: Your exalted / $ invested to efficiency ratio is a shame to say the least.
@ simple
I see your emotional level has raised to about an 8 or 9, could I ask you to drop down to a 5 or 6? thanks so much in advance and I do apologize if I've accidentally invaded any safe spaces you may have and/or if I've verbally attacked you in some way please allow me a brief moment to thank you for the build idea, and giving me something to waste currency on. As usual as soon as you are able, I will be following an updated version of the build (inquisitor you said?) for a reexamination to optimize the build. I already have a lvl 90 templar just waiting to be used!

@ cilit
I see your trying to change up the build. . .and I see your also trying your best to formulate an idea of whats going on, hmm well I don't need to come up with any responses of my own because I can just emulate the OP's emotional level when it comes to debating.
"can you please stop trying to evaluate the build when it clearly isn't your build?"

actually I didn't play fakener, surprise right? my dagger came from discharge pre nerf. that's why it has hits cant be evaded because we used cyclone, but hey people that want to talk crap about my dagger can do so all they want, I still have it and I love it to bits! the raw damage STILL is "God Tier" :P

about the curse. . .I guess your just repeating what the OP said earlier, could you quote him directly so as to not plagiarize? you are pretty much reiterating his debate for curses at this point and are selling me short for not using it, so why stop there? couldn't you sit there and talk crap about every speck of a detail that I didn't follow per the OP's original guide (pre 2.6 or post 2.6? I'm sorry you weren't clear in this matter)?

did we forget that my ideas came AFTER 2.6? and BEFORE the OP addressed changes for 2.6? you realize I'm not the OP correct? so any modification I make surely wont end up on the guide itself? and my "thoughts and ideas" should be taken purely as experimental/theorycraft?
so for any would-be confused readers out there, they should approach my "thoughts and ideas" as an interim solution. . .or a slight work around, temporary thing until the OP has time to fix things, the skill tree for example.
but hey! sometimes everyone gets lost in talking crap about other people, I'm just happy I could reestablish your point of view ^_^

efficiency? all my gear is way above and beyond for "efficiency". . .I think you misused that word, perhaps you were looking for "sufficiency"?
also please don't attempt to quantify my currency spent. . .surmising the cost of my gear vs whats sufficient is purely anecdotal of you and again it seems to have slipped your mind that I didn't state my gear was necessary for the build. . . we have the guide for that!

"
@ simple
I see your emotional level has raised to about an 8 or 9, could I ask you to drop down to a 5 or 6? thanks so much in advance and I do apologize if I've accidentally invaded any safe spaces you may have and/or if I've verbally attacked you in some way please allow me a brief moment to thank you for the build idea, and giving me something to waste currency on. As usual as soon as you are able, I will be following an updated version of the build (inquisitor you said?) for a reexamination to optimize the build. I already have a lvl 90 templar just waiting to be used!

Once leveling becomes fun again (10 acts!), I'll make a templar and roll that build and see what I can do with it, but it's gonna be a while.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
@ simple

Once leveling becomes fun again (10 acts!), I'll make a templar and roll that build and see what I can do with it, but it's gonna be a while.

Simplesim45
y have a time to lost answering PleaseMasterMakeMeScream
but dont have time to fix skill tree
without working tree y post The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!
dont work and useless
its wery sad
plz fix skill tree
"I did not play fakener, I played CoC cyclone with a vagan dagger" - That was a nice lecture on efficiency, as that will make me giggle for days.

The dagger is god-tier, I said that myself. It does not fit into the build in terms of usefulness.

Feel free to ignore the criticism your build received from me. Yet here is more: Link your Herald of Thunder with Curse on hit to make up for the curse you lost. OP pointed out the loss and I hope he does not hate me for plagiarizing this fact. Credit to him.

You asked the OP if you did a good job emulating his build. Can you answer that by now?

"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
@ simple

Simplesim45
y have a time to lost answering PleaseMasterMakeMeScream
but dont have time to fix skill tree
without working tree y post The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!
dont work and useless
its wery sad
plz fix skill tree

Because the AoE loss on the boots makes me not want to update the skill tree for 2.6. It had a good run and it was super fun while it lasted. I'll resurrect it in 3.0.
Because the AoE loss on the boots makes me not want to update the skill tree for 2.6. It had a good run and it was super fun while it lasted. I'll resurrect it in 3.0.[/quote]

ok thn you
be wait 3-0
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

Because the AoE loss on the boots makes me not want to update the skill tree for 2.6. It had a good run and it was super fun while it lasted. I'll resurrect it in 3.0.

You have said in previous posts that you don't make that kind of affirmations without testing what you say. Then, how can you possible know that the AoE nerf is so huge that the build is dead? Did you actually read in-depth the AoE changes with the examples of ratios they gave for each skill?

Last edited by Hughs on Mar 10, 2017, 7:28:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info