[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

Did a damage check with my 5l vs pheonix and it's looking good. That's somewhere between 40% and 50% of his life in one hit since I have 4 stacks of his debuff afterwards, and I have culling strike as Assassin.

To the people asking about breaches - they're an absolute playground for this build. Burn prolif and Herald of Ice are wonderful in swarms and breach bosses have much, much less life than guardians. Just make sure to have a chill removal flask in Tul breaches because those snowstorm AoEs really screw your movement speed (and therefore damage output).
The skill in the boots uses spell as damage source?, or is like DD or a Herald, with the spell KW but independant of the spell for increase the damage?
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
"
robotamen wrote:
The skill in the boots uses spell as damage source?, or is like DD or a Herald, with the spell KW but independant of the spell for increase the damage?

...wat?
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
How do you make it so that you can just walk without attacking?
"
Seemslegit117 wrote:
How do you make it so that you can just walk without attacking?

The boots.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
robotamen wrote:

...wat?

I think he was asking if Abberath's Fury is comparable to degeneration damage or e.h. Herald of Ice.

@robotamen: The keywords of Herald of Ice are: Cast, AoE, Cold => no increases of damage possible with increased spell damage.

The keywords of Abberath's Fury are: Trigger, Spell, AoE, Fire => increase of damage possible with increased spell damage. But as Simplesim45 mentioned some times before you should look first for flat fire (or cold or lightning) damage (e.g. added cold damage and lightning damage gems in the boots, anger as damage aura, herald of thunder).
Is there a reason you use Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice? Ice provides extra AOE which is always nice, but thunder doesn't seem to do anything special, unless I'm missing something important.
IGN: Impair
So what do we do with a wand? It's like impossible to find a good one on breach since wand builds are so unpopular :( Doryani's Catalyst?
"
Impaired wrote:
Is there a reason you use Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice? Ice provides extra AOE which is always nice, but thunder doesn't seem to do anything special, unless I'm missing something important.

Couple reasons;

1. This being a non crit build, herald of ice is not as consistent in its explosions.
2. Herald of Thunder breaks pots and barrels :D
3. It adds lightning damage which means you can leech from the bolts with vinktar when you're in a tight situation (because its essentially always up).

"
Raggon wrote:
So what do we do with a wand? It's like impossible to find a good one on breach since wand builds are so unpopular :( Doryani's Catalyst?

I doubt it's impossible to find cheap ass wands. You really only need two mods, high spell damage, high flat spell damage. Preferably an open suffix to craft spell crit. Done. It's probably gonna cost you like 5-10c.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 4, 2017, 12:39:14 PM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Impaired wrote:

Couple reasons;

1. This being a non crit build, herald of ice is not as consistent in its explosions.
2. Herald of Thunder breaks pots and barrels :D
3. It adds lightning damage which means you can leech from the bolts with vinktar when you're in a tight situation (because its essentially always up).

"
Raggon wrote:

I doubt it's impossible to find cheap ass wands. You really only need two mods, high spell damage, high flat spell damage. Preferably an open suffix to craft spell crit. Done. It's probably gonna cost you like 5-10c.

You probably meant "flat fire damage added to spells". Just making sure there isn't any more confusion.

Also, question: How big is the difference between a 5l VRF in the Shavs vs a 6l? Is it the difference between being able to do Minotaur or not? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Only played Pentagolem this league, so I would have to buy the Shavs. So knowing if I need to invest 10ex for 6linked or if a 3.5ex 5link is not that much worse would be great.

Second question: Is the Hooves skill enough while leveling (especially for the bosses)? Well linked and with wands that fit the build of course. Or would you recommend using a different skill for leveling?
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 4, 2017, 4:43:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info