[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

***Announcement***

I'll be taking a well needed break until 3.0.0 and will not be responding to my build threads until then.

Hope you guys enjoyed the builds.

I'm an avid PvP player, but I do make PvE builds like this one from time to time.

However GGG has been severely ignoring my favorite aspect of this game and I'm completely burnt out.

See you in a few months!

Hey folks, Sim here once again with a build for the lazy :D

***Disclaimer***
- This build does NOT do bosses with multiple phases and/or insane health. That means no Shaper, Atziri/Uber. (But you can do 2 out of 4 guardians!)
- This build is NOT CI. (please stop asking about CI all the time)
- This build is NOT cheap.

Note; If you're REALLY motivated and want to do bosses with phases, you can charge multiple Vaal Righteous Fire gems, but I'm way too lazy to do that.

It IS however...
- Able to walk through a map without stopping (other than to pick up that sweet loot) and kill everything.
- Amazing at power farming.
- Super fun to play.
- Uses a build enabling unique that hasn't had builds made around it yet so you can be a hipster! (until it gets meta, but then you can say you did it first) (Edit: Guess I made it meta lol)
- Lazy.
- Able to one shot all bosses from tier 16 and down (barring the disclaimer rule)

***Videos***

Minotaur full clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfl0gSYvWfY

Minotaur speed run with Headhunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEW0ZkX6t-Q

Hydra full clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u079UJEgwYA

T15 Abyss + Enfeeble / T15 Mesa double boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWnloVOBZc

Maze (Featuring DX11 graphical bugs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPyGqSxekc

-------

This build is low life and therefore requires the following items to work (Note; A 6L is not necessary for this build to work);

Use this jewel
near the "Elementalist" node.
Use this jewel
near "Conduit" and only pickup "Overcharged". This allows you to generate all charge types, giving you 150% crit chance, longer immortal calls and more consistent frenzy charges when stacked with the Green Dream.
And finally, use this jewel
for a lot of flat damage (a 4 damage mod jewel is better than this)

We're running an Elementalist and 2 offensive curses. Will the build work without the offensive curses? Probably not. Will the build get a lot more ES? Very unlikely. It's a fun, off-meta, troll-ish build that just so happens to be able to wipe tier 16 maps like a hot knife through butter with the use of Abberath's Hooves; an awesome new item! The boots work just like any other item that grants skills in that you can link things to the skill through the socket (without needing links).

The build revolves around scaling the base damage as much as possible through flat damage and curses.

MyItems

- Headhunter is not necessary for this build whatsoever. You can use a hybrid crystal belt.
- The priority mods on the wand are spell damage and flat fire damage. Any spell crit will help proc Ele overload more frequently. This makes the wand purchase extremely cheap.
- The rest is just standard Life/ES gear.

- The boots enchant should be flat fire damage on kill. I just haven't been getting lucky

Links
Abberath's Hooves
Increased Area of Effect -> Added Cold -> Added Lightning -> Controlled Destruction
No Fire Penetration (We already have 2 -res curses). No elemental focus because we need the skill to apply status ailments.

Chest (For a 5L, remove life leech) **Note that without life leech, you HAVE to have vinktar up before using VRF in any circumstance**
Vaal Righteous Fire -> Fire Pen -> Increased Burning Damage -> Controlled Destruction -> Life Leech -> Concentrated Effect
**Why Fire Pen here is because we only use this skill for the boss and they have extra resists. Still no ele focus, on purpose.**

4L
CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Summon Flame Golem -> Increased Duration

4L
Increased Duration -> Phase Run -> Vaal Discipline -> Herald of Ice

3L (In Prism Guardian)
Discipline -> Anger -> Herald of Thunder

3L
Blasphemy -> Flammability -> Elemental Weakness

Flasks are straight forward. Get movement speed. Dying sun is not mandatory so if you can't afford it, get an Onslaught flask for additional speed. Phasing flask however IS necessary to make the playstyle smoother.

This is a tree I quickly put together for 2.6 since a lot of people asked. Intuitive Leap has to be put next to Overcharged. Green dream next to whatever node gives resists.

Ascendancy is Elementalist with the following notables:
- Liege of the Primordial
- Pendelum of Destruction
- Beacon of Ruin

Damage with Increased AoE gem and normal setup(No Headhunter)
Spoiler

...With Headhunter
Spoiler

You may notice this tree has Vaal Pact and I'm not using it in some of the videos. That's because I was early in the build making process and was testing without it.

Bandits
Normal; Kill all
Cruel; Kill all
Merciless; Frenzy Charge

Maps
This build can do the vast majority of mods surprisingly because you barely ever get hit by anything and you don't really cast skills. Just avoid;
- Ele reflect
- Monsters can't get status ailments (makes the map annoying to run)
- Temp chains/ground effects (again, makes the map annoying. Not impossible, just a lot less fun. I roll over these on every build anyway because I can't be bothered)
- Players have less AoE. (AoE is kind of necessary to not have to back track. Map is still easy, just...takes longer)

Conclusion
This is a build for people who either don't care for the meta, enjoy trying new things and/or are bored with the conventional builds and just wanna play for fun. Hope you like it, cause I sure as hell do.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 4, 2017, 11:14:38 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2018, 7:11:28 AM
Why isn't this playable in HC? You could play lowlife but just get more ES to ensure safety. You could also do CI but you'd have to grab a bunch of reduced reserved nodes. Unless i'm missing something? I just don't see why this couldn't be done in HC.

Edit: Good build though, you can start it at level 12 too which is a big +
Last edited by Kungfuanthony on Dec 19, 2016, 2:33:09 AM
Because it has a very risky playstyle.

No stun immunity. Not much block other than what the shield gives. Not very high ES (gonna be annoying to get more and still be able to do damage). You can't swap out the curses for defensive ones, etc.

It is not a hardcore friendly build.

Why no CI? Every time I make a thread, everyone always asks about what I would change if I went CI. The short answer is, I'm really tired of the CI meta. It pigeon-holes people into the same boring thing all the time and yes you'd end up having to waste nodes you can't afford to waste on mana reservation stuff because you need every bit of damage you can get from the 4 offensive auras.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Actually I just fixed the stun issues completely with the boot enchants and leo mod on helm!
Glad to see an official guide here, see it from reddit. If anyone play on Breach, I think that Presence of Chayula will fit this build perfectly, extra ES, stun immunity, crazy amount of chaos res (too many things package in 1 item), I'm grinding to get one lol. Another thing I'm thinking is that you can have cold/fire to spell on weapon and use pyre to convert all cold to fire (just like double fire damage on weapon) or using Shade of Solaris is another option IMO (120% inc spell damage and 15% extra chaos is a nice damage boost).

And yeah stun is a deadly weak point of this build, when I don't have any methods to prevent the stun, running a map like T13 Shrine map will make your character screaming in the hell.

Overall, this build is really fun to play, the only risky situation is when you are using Vaal RF to kill boss (well sometimes you and boss will die at the same time lol). Honestly, the level 12 to clear up to T15 map is kinda impressive.
Last edited by discy2524 on Dec 19, 2016, 8:45:13 AM
"
discy2524 wrote:
Glad to see an official guide here, see it from reddit. If anyone play on Breach, I think that Presence of Chayula will fit this build perfectly, extra ES, stun immunity, crazy amount of chaos res (too many things package in 1 item), I'm grinding to get one lol. Another thing I'm thinking is that you can have cold/fire to spell on weapon and use pyre to convert all cold to fire (just like double fire damage on weapon) or using Shade of Solaris is another option IMO (120% inc spell damage and 15% extra chaos is a nice damage boost).

And yeah stun is a deadly weak point of this build, when I don't have any methods to prevent the stun, running a map like T13 Shrine map will make your character screaming in the hell.

Overall, this build is really fun to play, the only risky situation is when you are using Vaal RF to kill boss (well sometimes you and boss will die at the same time lol). Honestly, the level 12 to clear up to T15 map is kinda impressive.

I posted a vaal pact version of the tree so you can be safer at bosses.

I'd be using presence of chayula if it wasn't so costly on standard, but at least I found a way to take care of stuns.
Would this build be doable as an Assassin adding base crit onto the ability, or is it ultra-reliant on conflux to clear?
I'm pretty sure you could run this as assassin if you replaced herald of thunder with herald of ice. It would compensate for the missing prolif.

98 point tree for assassin:

The rest of the points could be used to get additional ES and/or damage.

I think the links would remain the same, but you'd replace Herald of Thunder with Herald of Ice.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 19, 2016, 6:41:43 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAN1BUIHHoNfD6sRLWpDEZbYvYPbNZIfGCL0JIv-jyo4U1IsnE3jMtGmV8BURZ064fJFhTI8BT1fQZbwH0VHRlKa4ElRSbF90kyzUEJR-1JTUzVmVAQHVkj-Crc-WHfsVV8Eg8zjamt6bAttGXvXfIN_xodlgpsqjRZvjDY8LY9GvOrGrgthkPqRK5MnlS6XlZf0mjtVxp2uhXuf36Ev7DiiAKcICPRJG66zBLO-isBmwzo22Mi_zRbQH69s0PXUBzbp18_YJBps3I3fbVSuEFjfiuvuJKrxbGjy73zviO_r8NWsmDpY-Tf8TFVLYeIWvyaV

I've created a life based tree, to try and work this out on hardcore. While keeping the damage I simply removed the ES nodes, and rerouted some times to go through life nodes instead of around the life for ES.
This is a lv 80 tree, 200% increased life (198%) which is perfect for HC. I removed the double curse aswell but added a few more fire damage nodes. This tree also gets around 200 STR to help scale the boots a little more, debating on getting the ignite nodes at the top of the witch tree.

Any help / modifications would be great. Looking for a way to remove the life/es nodes and just get pure life nodes for more life.
There is no guide for begginers, can you write any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info