CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

"
DodgeRockets wrote:
Can someone take a look at my raider... I cant seem to squeeze the dps for shaper. Currently sitting on 12k tooltip with conc effect. 1200 int, wed on all the pieces that can roll it. I am just stuck, shapers has become a dps check I think, fight just drags and I end up ripping :/

your passive tree is really messed up. check out THIS ONE

probably ur biggest weakness is dropping 3 frenzy charges, but your whole tree is much worse.

i'm at 26,206 tooltip with conc effect, frenzy charges, and ele overload, plus 11k es. it could be higher with better gear. shaper is easy and deathless.
Last edited by goldnugget on Jan 25, 2017, 4:10:44 AM
"
goldnugget wrote:
"
DodgeRockets wrote:
Can someone take a look at my raider... I cant seem to squeeze the dps for shaper. Currently sitting on 12k tooltip with conc effect. 1200 int, wed on all the pieces that can roll it. I am just stuck, shapers has become a dps check I think, fight just drags and I end up ripping :/

probably ur biggest weakness is dropping 3 frenzy charges, but your whole tree is much worse.

i'm at 26,206 tooltip with conc effect, frenzy charges, and ele overload, plus 11k es. it could be higher with better gear. shaper is easy and deathless.

I have to agree. Your biggest problem is most likely the lack of 3 important frenzy charges (I run 7 in total) and I suppose your ES is also relatively low from the nodes I've seen in your tree.

Is the 12k tooltip shown unbuffed in hideout or when all charges are up?
12k unbuffed should be far enough to kill shaper tbh.

Survivability > Offense :)

In the end the big bosses (Shaper/Uber Atziri) are very tactical fights, so it takes some practice to be succesful. Few optimizations and you should be able to succeed :)
Last edited by miChaaaaaaa on Jan 25, 2017, 4:23:33 AM
Question for the thread regarding HoWA corruptions vs 12%/12% rolls.

Both times I was about to purchase a 12%/12%, I corrupted my existing claw and ended up with these two:

So my question is - how valuable are the 12%/12% rolls vs Culling Strike and Block Chance? I am assuming I should keep the Culling Strike, as that has already proven extremely useful against the two guardians I've taken down. The Block Chance though I'm not as sure about, although it does put me at 21% on sheet, which has definitely made Porcupines far less dangerous.

I am not anticipating a huge bump going from 11% to 12% intelligence, but is the 8 to 12% dexterity jump worth losing the block chance for?

Rest of my gear:
Spoiler

Still working on getting intelligence on my belt. Crafted this thing:

...but it would screw up my resistances without replacing a ring. So TBD on that front.

I dont think culling strike corruption is too good for this build. You definitely dont need it for clearing trash, and you can cull bosses with orb of storms which should be up when fighting them anyway. Id better go for good rolled weapons.
"
oztaahh wrote:
I dont think culling strike corruption is too good for this build. You definitely dont need it for clearing trash, and you can cull bosses with orb of storms which should be up when fighting them anyway. Id better go for good rolled weapons.

This is true, culling with orb of storms is very good but if you can get a 12% int roll + culling strike on one of your claws then that is good too so you don't need to worry about dropping orb to cull boss.

I would prioritize 12% int over a good corrupt anyday though, if you can get 12% int AND a good corrupt then that's good. I don't think the dex % roll matters too much if it's a lower roll. You only lose a little bit of attack speed and accuracy if you don't use a 12% dex roll one.
MFJonesHC
Thanks for the replies. I was using Orb of Storms for tough bosses before getting the corruption, but the convenience factor has been really nice. Not having to stop BF to re-cast OoS towards the end of a fight is nice, but if 12% intelligence on both is that big of an upgrade (vs 11%), I'll prioritize that.

But based on the comment below it doesn't look like it would be? I have about 1250 INT I believe - I'd have to double-check when I get home.
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Jan 25, 2017, 2:54:24 PM
"
CadmiumFlow wrote:
Question for the thread regarding HoWA corruptions vs 12%/12% rolls.

Both times I was about to purchase a 12%/12%, I corrupted my existing claw and ended up with these two:

So my question is - how valuable are the 12%/12% rolls vs Culling Strike and Block Chance? I am assuming I should keep the Culling Strike, as that has already proven extremely useful against the two guardians I've taken down. The Block Chance though I'm not as sure about, although it does put me at 21% on sheet, which has definitely made Porcupines far less dangerous.

I am not anticipating a huge bump going from 11% to 12% intelligence, but is the 8 to 12% dexterity jump worth losing the block chance for?

Rest of my gear:
Spoiler

Still working on getting intelligence on my belt. Crafted this thing:

...but it would screw up my resistances without replacing a ring. So TBD on that front.

It depends on your gear and total INT, but the difference between 11% and 12% is pretty slim. You'd have to pull up path of building to get a true estimate, but I think I only gained around 5-10k damage going from 11% to 12% on one claw. (For reference, that was out of about 1 million effective DPS). The Dexterity roll is almost unimportant. We don't stack much Dex on the tree, and a lot of what we do is converted to Int with Fertile Mind. The Int roll and Elemental Damage rolls have a much larger effect.

The default life gain implicit is useless, so pretty much ANY corruption is going to be an upgrade. Culling strike is amazing to have on guardians/shaper fights. As others pointed out, you can use OoS or Ancestral Protector to trigger it, but having it built into the claw is a great QoL boost, and frees up a gem slot. The additional block chance is a really nice defense boost.

Unless you're really looking to min/max the build, I wouldn't bother looking for 12% claws unless they also have the implicit corruptions.
"
miChaaaaaaa wrote:
"
goldnugget wrote:
"
DodgeRockets wrote:

I have to agree. Your biggest problem is most likely the lack of 3 important frenzy charges (I run 7 in total) and I suppose your ES is also relatively low from the nodes I've seen in your tree.

Is the 12k tooltip shown unbuffed in hideout or when all charges are up?
12k unbuffed should be far enough to kill shaper tbh.

Survivability > Offense :)

In the end the big bosses (Shaper/Uber Atziri) are very tactical fights, so it takes some practice to be succesful. Few optimizations and you should be able to succeed :)

I have close to 10k ES. Ya 12k tooltip with conc effect no buffs. I tired twice and felt like the fight was just dragging. I will make the changes usggested above and keep you guys posted. Thanks for the inputs guys!
So, I upgraded my gear a bit, now 8k DPS with Wrath in HO (AOE) and 10,4k es. Did all guardians and Shaper himself really easy..ok, tbh I failed my first attempt couple of days ago without upgraded gear but learned the fight. This is my stuff now.

Spoiler
gear

Level 93: 12,095 es (without discipline), 8,207.8 avg dmg in ho with inc aoe & w/out flasks.

Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, & Wrath. Swap out Purity of Lightning with Purity of elements for ele weakness.

I still need better boots and gloves but its REALLY hard to upgrade. Also need 2x lightning leech claws.

Ele reflect is ezpz. Shaper & Uber Atziri are easy too. Op build.
Last edited by Zaffrex on Jan 26, 2017, 3:56:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info