CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

Fun fact: Shaper's slam does around 9.5k damage, so you can actually tank it if you have 10k ES unless he crits you which can also happen quite often.

This build makes shaper fight very easy. I'd argue that mortal atzulu is more difficult than shaper for this build.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 22, 2017, 2:14:24 AM
Question:

Around what ES and BF sheet is it safe to start trying shaper/uber atziri? I have 9200 ES right now and about 8k sheet in h/o with no frenzy charges and Wrath/Disc. I need a better HOWA (using a 26/11% right now) and a couple of gems aren't level 20 yet, but I can't fathom jumping up to the 10k sheet dps people have in h/o.

Both my boots and gloves aren't great, and I have about 9 pure exalts to spend on upgrades, so as soon as I can find some with the resists I need, I'll upgrade those, which should push my ES to around 9500, as well as a level 21 disc. All I really want to do is kill shaper uber atziri - anything else is gravy.

Other question:

What is the jewel stat priority for damage? I converted this build from ST where attack speed was a little better, but just strictly if I was trying to push my DPS as high as possible, what is the most valuable stat to have on jewels?

I've been trying to get at least lightning damage and area damage and int as well if possible. I also use Brute Force Solution down by the Duelist frenzy charge, but if I had a better damage jewel I'd be losing about 50-60 int to switch it out.

Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jan 22, 2017, 10:38:03 PM
"
GhostyGhost wrote:
Question:

Around what ES and BF sheet is it safe to start trying shaper/uber atziri? I have 9200 ES right now and about 8k sheet in h/o with no frenzy charges and Wrath/Disc. I need a better HOWA (using a 26/11% right now) and a couple of gems aren't level 20 yet, but I can't fathom jumping up to the 10k sheet dps people have in h/o.

Both my boots and gloves aren't great, and I have about 9 pure exalts to spend on upgrades, so as soon as I can find some with the resists I need, I'll upgrade those, which should push my ES to around 9500, as well as a level 21 disc. All I really want to do is kill shaper uber atziri - anything else is gravy.

Other question:

What is the jewel stat priority for damage? I converted this build from ST where attack speed was a little better, but just strictly if I was trying to push my DPS as high as possible, what is the most valuable stat to have on jewels?

I've been trying to get at least lightning damage and area damage and int as well if possible. I also use Brute Force Solution down by the Duelist frenzy charge, but if I had a better damage jewel I'd be losing about 50-60 int to switch it out.

Hard to give a lot of advice without being able to see your gear or tree. Getting all 20/20 gems for your main attack is important. Especially Elemental Focus/Weapon Elemental which are more multipliers.

9000+ ES is a good point to start considering Shaper/Atziri. My first attempt was in the mid-9k range against Shaper. I'm at 10.3k now. 8000 DPS is decent for AOE, but can certainly be improved.

For Jewels, Lighting damage is a must if you want to maximize. It's going to get the highest roll. After that, Area/Melee damage are second tier. As well as Attack Speed with 1H Weapons/Dual Wielding/Claws. Just plain increased damage is good if you can't get 3 of the above. Int/Dex doesn't offer enough from a jewel unless it's a 4th mod after 3 from the previous list.
"
Hard to give a lot of advice without being able to see your gear or tree.

Ah sorry, my characters were still private from some experimentation early in the ladder.

Character is "DoYouThinkIGiveAHeck". Tree is pretty similar to MFJones'. I have a node leading up to the mana reservation for auras, but won't be able to support herald of thunder until I level again.

For posterity sake:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAHnBbUOSBEPES8RgRGWFHUUsBXXFyYZihnXGlUbyBzcHxgi6iPTKjgrCiy_LlMwfDY9Nug31DsNPL4-z0HQQzFGaUwtTP9OKlFHUftVhVZIVmNW-loaW69ca13yX2pfcGEhY6dtbG8nd9d6hH6vfyt_xoIeg22ESITFhO-GrohCjRmNv48aj0aPYI_6kAqTJ5OVlwaaapuhm7Wfy6EvpHily6cIpzCsmK0zr-u1SL3mvorBxcHVwzPDOsNtzRbP3dCt0NDTb9gk2NXZX9rB3UbdjN744BLi9-d05-ro1usU62Pr7uwY7T_v6_GK99f5M_sJ
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jan 23, 2017, 1:59:50 AM
I decided to try this build since I had some Int/ES gear from my Whispering Ice Witch and I haven't played BF before. I looked a lot at MFJones but there are still some things that I don't quite understand, especially about the gem setup. Maybe someone can help me a bit.

There is no Golem in his current gear used. I think Culling Strike takes probably the spot of an Ice Golem, so i put mine there.
I've also been thinking about going for two curses, since it's so easy to reach on the skill tree and it seems like at least one gem socket is not really used right now. Conductivity and Elemental Weakness would probably be the best curses, I would guess with my limited game knowledge.
And what about Herald of Thunder on the Off Hand? There is no way you can use all 3 auras and Herald together without going for much more mana reserve nodes, so wouldn't it be better to free up that gem socket for something better? (Maybe a 2nd curse or Blood Rage?) You can always switch between Herald and Purity or another aura if necessary.
Or is it maybe just better to stick with the original gem setup from this thread?
Also what about both cwdt setups? Does Vortex really need to be at level 2 when cwdt is level 6 and could support a higher one? Or looking at MFJones, why is Immortal Call level 4 when cwdt is at level 9 and could also trigger a higher one? And what level should cwdt generally be at, like 90% of your es or something?
"
Piranha_PoE wrote:
I decided to try this build since I had some Int/ES gear from my Whispering Ice Witch and I haven't played BF before. I looked a lot at MFJones but there are still some things that I don't quite understand, especially about the gem setup. Maybe someone can help me a bit.

There is no Golem in his current gear used. I think Culling Strike takes probably the spot of an Ice Golem, so i put mine there.

As for MFJones, he specifically said his golem never stays alive in tougher boss fights (it definitely won't) so he doesn't bother using one, and gets the accuracy he needs from the skill tree and on one piece of his gear. You can definitely run a golem for just general mapping or whatever, I actually CWDT an ice golem myself.

"
Piranha_PoE wrote:
I've also been thinking about going for two curses, since it's so easy to reach on the skill tree and it seems like at least one gem socket is not really used right now. Conductivity and Elemental Weakness would probably be the best curses, I would guess with my limited game knowledge.

Yeah, it's 4 points to get to dual curses, but you can almost certainly use those 4 points for something more useful (ES, lightning or elemental damage, Accuracy, a jewel socket, etc.) Trash doesn't even really need to be cursed, and an extra curse, imo, isn't going to be the difference on any fight. Conductivity or Elemental Weakness alone is more than enough.

"
Piranha_PoE wrote:

And what about Herald of Thunder on the Off Hand? There is no way you can use all 3 auras and Herald together without going for much more mana reserve nodes, so wouldn't it be better to free up that gem socket for something better? (Maybe a 2nd curse or Blood Rage?) You can always switch between Herald and Purity or another aura if necessary.

That specifically (as described by MFJones) was because MFJones is like level 97 and took mana reduction nodes to support Herald of Thunder with Discipline and Wrath. (The Charisma wheel and the 4% by Chaos Innoc iirc). If you aren't leveling that high, you're almost certainly going to be better off with an accuracy wheel or a jewel socket somewhere. He just didn't have any higher utility for those points at his level - most people don't level that high, and will have better choices. I don't know what his resists are, but I imagine purity is just a swap aura for elemental weakness maps.

"
Piranha_PoE wrote:

Also what about both cwdt setups? Does Vortex really need to be at level 2 when cwdt is level 6 and could support a higher one? Or looking at MFJones, why is Immortal Call level 4 when cwdt is at level 9 and could also trigger a higher one? And what level should cwdt generally be at, like 90% of your es or something?

The level of vortex doesn't REALLY matter, but yeah, you can leave vortex at the highest level that your CWDT can trigger.

As for Immortal Call, there is 0 difference in the level of Immortal Call, because you don't have endurance charges in this build, so it's always the same duration no matter what level it is (.4 seconds).

As for what level your CWDT should be at, that's a matter of personal preference. Some people level it as high as 9 or 10, others leave it at like 2. I keep mine at 9. I wouldn't recommend going much higher than that though.
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jan 23, 2017, 5:27:46 AM
Well, i improved my gear this weekend and resp my skill tree, but it's not good enough... but now i dont have more currency to do nothing...
My ES now is 8,5k and my dmg with AoE is about 7,5k. I don't know what to do to my build work. I think the problem are my gems, could anybody confirm to me?

My gems are not lvl 20 and only BF/AoE are Q20%.

With a lvl 21 disc gem... Would my 8,5k ES improve to at least 9k?

My gear

"
GhostyGhost wrote:
"
Hard to give a lot of advice without being able to see your gear or tree.

Ah sorry, my characters were still private from some experimentation early in the ladder.

Character is "DoYouThinkIGiveAHeck". Tree is pretty similar to MFJones'. I have a node leading up to the mana reservation for auras, but won't be able to support herald of thunder until I level again.

For posterity sake:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAHnBbUOSBEPES8RgRGWFHUUsBXXFyYZihnXGlUbyBzcHxgi6iPTKjgrCiy_LlMwfDY9Nug31DsNPL4-z0HQQzFGaUwtTP9OKlFHUftVhVZIVmNW-loaW69ca13yX2pfcGEhY6dtbG8nd9d6hH6vfyt_xoIeg22ESITFhO-GrohCjRmNv48aj0aPYI_6kAqTJ5OVlwaaapuhm7Wfy6EvpHily6cIpzCsmK0zr-u1SL3mvorBxcHVwzPDOsNtzRbP3dCt0NDTb9gk2NXZX9rB3UbdjN744BLi9-d05-ro1usU62Pr7uwY7T_v6_GK99f5M_sJ

Yeah everything generally looks pretty good. Getting the last 1-2 level on the gems will help. WED and Ele Focus being multiplicitive makes a difference. You're missing 4% more damage with those last two levels, which is basically a Frenzy charge worth of damage. Lightning Pen doesn't show on the character sheet, but that's a big boost to damage.

Your tooltip is misleading as well using Faster Attacks, which doesn't show on the tooltip. My Inc AoE DPS is 10k sheet, but that's with level 21 Added Lightning Damage. Your effective DPS is probably pretty close.

If you have 9ex to work with, you should be able to fairly easily upgrade your gloves and boots. You could also get some 20/20 gems to replace your not fully leveled version, and continue leveling them for corrupting in the off-hand. (And I assume you have a conc effect for bosses on swap).

I think you should have the DPS and defense for Shaper/Uber. They're both very mechanical fights, as long as you know what you're doing, you should be fine.

"
TiagoRox wrote:
Well, i improved my gear this weekend and resp my skill tree, but it's not good enough... but now i dont have more currency to do nothing...
My ES now is 8,5k and my dmg with AoE is about 7,5k. I don't know what to do to my build work. I think the problem are my gems, could anybody confirm to me?

My gems are not lvl 20 and only BF/AoE are Q20%.

With a lvl 21 disc gem... Would my 8,5k ES improve to at least 9k?

My gear

Level 21 Discipline doesn't add all that much. Going from your current 19 to a 21 only nets you 34 flat ES. Would probably add ~100 or a little more total ES.

Getting an Astramentis would help both your DPS and ES, but as you say you're out of currency for upgrades. Your gems not being level 20, and not have quality on most of them hurts your DPS a lot. Hitting 89 and getting another jewel socket also will help DPS.

Your gear and tree are fine. The lack of resistances will make upgrades a little tougher overall, but you're on the right track.
To clarify about my current gem and aura set up because I seem to be getting a lot of PMs about this:

I recently started using purity of lightning because of reflect. I recently had a few close calls with reflect mobs while doing chayula runs which almost killed me. Because I don't want to lose 10% on my way to level 98 I decided to use purity lightning to help negate some reflect damage.

Ice golem is basically never used at all, I should probably take it out to avoid confusion. But if you like to use golem it's up to you. It's much better in a CWDT setup.

I also recently spec'd into the 4% mana reduction node near CI to help me run purity of lightning with more mana unreserved. With the current purity set up I have 140 mana unreserved which is a comfortable amount for me. If you don't use purity and rather use HoT then you don't need the 4% reduction node near CI. Charisma cluster is good enough.
MFJonesHC
Can someone take a look at my raider... I cant seem to squeeze the dps for shaper. Currently sitting on 12k tooltip with conc effect. 1200 int, wed on all the pieces that can roll it. I am just stuck, shapers has become a dps check I think, fight just drags and I end up ripping :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info