CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

What do you guys think about Vinktars? To be honest, i am little bit disappointed. Got myself a 10% penetration flask. Yea, the leech is awesome and really strong, but after one use this thing is out of charges. So in my opinion a little bit too expensive and not reliable enough for an OH Shit button
MFJones, what am i missing ? With 3 auras on, i get 50 mana left ><
I took Herald of Thunder off, using only disc and wrath now
"
MFJones wrote:

Path of Building is pretty awesome, I used it too to help min-max my character for this build :)

It is so good. With how much influence gear and other passive choices have on a build, it's amazing to get a concrete answer as to what the best choice is along the way. I've been surprised more than a few times where the best option was for gear upgrades.

"
ExilezQ wrote:
Hey guys quick update here. I Upgraded the tree to suit one a little more aoe based and still just as much dmg. I think what we learned from all of this is it really doesnt matter what you do. The build i just flat out op! Enjoy it while it lasts and have fun in wraeclast!

I find it really unlikely Blade Flurry makes it to the next major patch unscathed. My guess is the attack speed boost gets gutted pretty badly.

"
MFJones wrote:
best to level up with life and take early life nodes and not spec into CI too early. Respec into CI only after you have acquired enough gear. Take any life nodes on the way throughout the tree, even the ES/life ones. These should give you enough life as you level up to around 70-75. Keep farming merciless dried lake until you've reached a comfortable level and gear to spec into CI, taking off the life nodes. Yes you will probably need to spend some regrets.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to get into CI until the gear can support it. Thankfully the unupgraded claws are incredibly strong until 68 when you can upgrade them. Following the basic tree and taking INT nodes keeps the weapons viable the whole time. I ran with Tabula and trash uniques until merciless. I bought some cheap rares to keep the resists capped until 69, when I was able to upgrade the claws and switch to the high ES chest/helm I had, and switch to CI.

"
Sollkomol wrote:
What do you guys think about Vinktars? To be honest, i am little bit disappointed. Got myself a 10% penetration flask. Yea, the leech is awesome and really strong, but after one use this thing is out of charges. So in my opinion a little bit too expensive and not reliable enough for an OH Shit button

I think it's essential if you are doing Guardians/Shaper/Atziri. That leech allows you to facetank almost anything while it's active. I tend to save it for ele reflect packs, breaches, and bosses. The build can do plenty of damage to not rely on flasks for general mapping. It's OP when in use. Well worth the belt slot.
"
Indraugnir wrote:
MFJones, what am i missing ? With 3 auras on, i get 50 mana left ><
I took Herald of Thunder off, using only disc and wrath now

Hmm, how much total mana do you have? Enlighten level 3 or 4? Did you also grab the mana reserve reduction cluster Charisma?
MFJonesHC
"
Sollkomol wrote:

It's a good oh shit button but this build should do enough damage that you don't really need to rely on vinktar's for even long boss fights. When I fight guardians and shaper sometimes I can do the entire fight without using a flask, and that's why I really like the build. You don't need to rely heavily on flask to survive or do damage like many other builds.

What's your tooltip dps for blade flurry at?
MFJonesHC
"
oztaahh wrote:
Do you guys have any reflect issues? Cause i killed myself in poorĵoy rota yesterday somehow. It has never happened to me while soloing. Seems when a single reflect mob has a large enough hp pool and we have no other mobs to leech from and vinktar isnt up reflect = rip.

Yes, you must watch out for reflect. Since this build does basically 100% elemental damage, even a single reflect rare can get you killed if you're not careful. Really just need to watch out for the aura. It's especially dangerous in groups because often these reflect mobs would have much more hp, taking several more hits to kill. I try to be more conservative with popping my vinktar's when running in groups, so I can save it for killing reflect mobs.
MFJonesHC
@MFJones <3 ,

I've been playing Pentagolem Hellfire build before doing this baby. I invested all of currency on that build (approximately 30-35 exalts). But prices drop fast, Empower 4/Anima-Might jewlles - even my precious Flaming Golem 21/20% which was 7 exalts ended up selling for just 3. Lost lots of currency along the way, so my current CI gear is not perfect - to say the least.

Still... Ive decided to give it a go.
This is my current set of gear (Your skill tree):

Obviously, i lack Intellect - with all life going on in my gear.
With the current gear, buffed, my survivablity looks like this:

Lvl 90
8926 ES 856 Mana Reserved 316/1172 Mana.
Fire Res: 75 Cold Res:70 Lightning Res: 75 Chaos Res:100
Around what accuracy rating should I be for red maps/endgame stuff? There's a bunch from dex so I'm wondering what to shoot for on gear
"
falcogrine wrote:
Around what accuracy rating should I be for red maps/endgame stuff? There's a bunch from dex so I'm wondering what to shoot for on gear

A single 200-300 accuracy roll is usually enough. I have 291 on my gloves and with the accuracy nodes on tree I have 84% chance to hit at level 97.
MFJonesHC
Ok, so.. Offensively this build totally wrecks everything, but around a4 cruel I started to feel kinda squishy, esp for breaches and such, but even in general. Now Im toward the end of a2 Merci and Im realizing I really have to do something at this point if I want to keep progressing. I haven't managed to afford a decent quality inc dur for the cwdt setup (just not using one, maybe Ill have to change my mind on that), and ofc dont nearly have the bucks for vinktar or anything. Got some recommendations, maybe some nearby life nodes I can spec out of once I go CI, or something?

Actually, ATM by gear is pretty awful (Tabula, Goldrim, going to have to drop the snakebites till my other gear is good enough to compensate) for where Im at, barely any life or ES, been sinking all my bucks into quality gems where they matter. Maybe this is my big mistake, and Ill just have to farm some c on my main or something.

Edit: Well, I specced out of VP to do lab, and went into the heart and soul node and the typical energy from w/in wheel, things feel better, dont know if ill go back into VP for now, feels pretty good w/out, but maybe someone can convince me otherwise, IDK. Oh, and for some reason I was still using Poacher's Mark on Blasphemy, switched that to Disc (not really needed after cruel lab).
Last edited by taosk8r on Jan 19, 2017, 10:23:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info