[2.5] Frost Blades Crit Raider

Hi, I'm Big Mack and I've always loved the Frost Blades skill. I'm always trying to improve on the skill and how it can be played, so please leave any suggestions down below.

Gear:

Spoiler

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal------------ Oak (40 Flat Life, as the build is life based)
Cruel-------------- Oak (Phys damage, since this is a conversion skill after all)
Merciless---------- Kraityn (For one extra Frenzy Charge, since you can never have too many)

Tree:
Early-Game:

Mid-Game:

Late-Game:

Final Tree:

Gameplay Demonstration:
Spoiler
Coming Soon!!!

I am currently a level 80 in Breach League with just under 3900 life (will be getting more with future skill points), and with all 8 Frenzy Charges and all Utility Flasks popped, I get just over 42k DPS. There will be updates to this guide in the future so please enjoy!

PS.
I swapped out Ice Bite for an 20% quality Added Cold Damage for a huge DPS boost. I also plan to six-link my armour by early January and throw in Culling Strike.

Also I used a Maximum Life Calculator found on Reddit.com and got a total of 5918.465 life at level 100. There will be a link to the formula below.

Warning:
Spoiler
Please also note that this build was made for fun and to push the limits of Frost Blades. You will die a few times if using this build as it was built if softcore Breach League. I DO NOT recommend this build to any Hardcore players as it probably will not be viable. That being said if someone wants to try and make this build Hardcore viable, then by all means, Go For It!
Last edited by _Canadian_ on Dec 22, 2016, 11:22:41 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 12:48:55 PM
Sweet build, seen it in action! A video demonstration would go a long way! Keep up the good work!

=P
"
xDron3x wrote:
Sweet build, seen it in action! A video demonstration would go a long way! Keep up the good work!

=P

Thank you for your help and support. This has been very helpful and my guide has just been updated. Feel free to leave further comments below.
Nice build, really wanting to try this out in action. But I'm getting trouble with the single target dmg when using this skill, how do you deal with this problem?
Last edited by _Canadian_ on Dec 22, 2016, 11:27:50 AM
"
jerrysh97 wrote:
Nice build, really wanting to try this out in action. But I'm getting trouble with the single target dmg when using this skill, how do you deal with this problem?

It's quite rough in the beginning. I won't lie, I had a tough time up until Multistrike and the first two Ascendancy points(Evasion, Frenzy Charge Duration and Way Of The Poacher). You could also use an Added Cold Damage support gem to help boost the damage early on.
Hey guys! New update to the final tree!

I removed a few life nodes bringing the life total down to 5917 and picked up some leech nodes instead for better survive-ability. Getting to leech 2365.9 damage as life will help out a lot rather than 300-400 extra life. This should be the last time I tinker with this build. The next build (if I get around to it this league) will be an Infernal Blow Marauder Juggernaut. Hope you like the new tree as much as I do. Have fun and enjoy!!!
Last edited by _Canadian_ on Dec 22, 2016, 11:28:48 AM
I've been playing around with Frost Blades, still trying to settle on a build.

I'd not considered going down to Iron Grip. Good idea!
I'm trying to focus on the initial hit, rather than trying to scale up the AOE afterhit (Projectiles), but the Iron Grip node adds on to both :D
Interesting build. I feel like you are on to something. but make a few missteps.

first, you didn't focus on projectiles. great.
But, then you say crit raider. where is your crit?

"50% inc crit with claws"
yeah...

so lets fix that.
drop magpie and its useless crit nodes.
Grab resolute tech.

(swap golem obviously as well. flame, or stone)

drop master of force. just not point for point great.
lets get forces of nature, and arrow dancing.
and swap those 4% marauder nodes for the 4/6% ones.

Get that last life as you go later or fangs of frost if you want damage.

I would avatar of the veil over hunt every time.

www.poeurl.com/4oD

you need WED. its probably more damage then Meleephysical. but, definitely more then added cold.
This will be especially true in 2.6 with higher conversion rate.
I really like fortify on FB itself.
Last edited by Casia on Feb 26, 2017, 12:49:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info