[2.5] Totems with Frikkin Lasers

Hi all, this is my build for 2.5. I've had more success with this build than any I've tried before it, but I'm no PoE pro. It can do Uber Izarro on a 5L, but with a 6L he's butter.

The build is expensive for perfect gear, but can be effective on a budget and is a good league starter.

Summary

2 totems with 2 frikkin lasers.

Life/Armour/6 Endurance Charges (optionally 8 with Death's door and Ring)

Dual curse with blasphemy-enfeeble and witchers brew (optionally up to 4 with windscream and ring?)

High movement speed from onslaught, rampage, quicksilver, vaal haste, phase run, and warcry

Clarity and Determination

Video
Spoiler

https://www.twitch.tv/seedersj/v/107744498

I die to corrupted blood and immediately put back my bleed immune flask haha. Death's Door boots would be nice :)

Pros:
Spoiler

High Movement Speed (With quicksilver, onslaught flask with movespeed bonus, vaal haste, warcry speed, rampage, cwdt Phase Run, you're going to be flying.)

High Survivability

High Damage

Good for Breaches

Cons:
Spoiler

Need a few exalt to build it.

Totems can be distracted during boss fights.

Gear
Spoiler

Kaom's
Spoiler

Kaom is Life.

Searing Touch
Spoiler

Gives +2 fire, fire damage, burn damage, and a 6L cuz we're using Kaom's. BiS unless you're using Tukohama's... then you'll need a high fire spell damage wand or Doryani's.

Devoto's Devotion
Spoiler

Move speed, Dexterity, Chaos Resist. You can be tankier with a high armour/life helm with resists which could free needing resists on your rings, but i find the move speed to be worth it.

Ngamahu Tiki Amulet
Spoiler

Fire damage! Can't get more damage for scorching ray on an amulet.

Rings
Spoiler

You want fire damage, life, and any resists/stats you need to make up. Also found I needed an unset ring for Orb of Storms so I can proc elemental overload. You could also drop phase run from CWDT, but I think phasing is very valuable in breaches and has saved my butt a few times. Plus more move speed.

[Doryani's Invitation]
Spoiler

Fire damage, Armour, and decent resists. No life, but it's a great belt for the build.

[Wyrmsign]
Spoiler

I just love rampage with breaches. You could probably use Fingerless Silk Gloves for more spell damage, but i love rampage. More move speed.

[Boots]
Spoiler

I just have 30% movespeed boots with life, armour, and resists. There are some other good options though. You could try to get Death's Door for bleed immune/endurance charges/resist, but I can't afford them at the moment. Windscream is another interesting cheap option for another curse. You get move speed from a lot of places so the 10% MS on them isn't too terrible.

Tree

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Life (Oak)
Cruel: Point
Merciless: Endurance Charge

Why Guardian?
Spoiler

Well, I had different plans for the build when I chose Guardian. My plan was to go for 4 totems using Soul Mantle and Tukohama. Guardian removes the curses on you from Soul Mantle every 5 seconds, healing you for 30% life every 5 seconds, as well as buffing your armour a good amount. Tukohama gives 300 armour per totem, so that also buffs Soul Mantle a bit.

The problem I hit with this idea is that I didn't have enough life, and Tukohama's is extremely rare and expensive. I was dying trying to push in to maps and could not do Uber Izarro.

So I went ahead and bought a Kaom's and a Searing Touch, and my problems were gone. 2 Scorching Ray totems is still a lot of damage. Totems swing the laser wildly and one pass will kill a pack.

I was going to respec in to Inquisitor so I could do even more damage, but I like the survivability gained from Guardian and don't feel I need more damage. I also like instant warcrys for keeping endurance charges up and the boost to movement speed when doing so.

Playstyle
Spoiler

The build is very fast, and with rampage you'll be constantly running pack to pack as fast as possible. You drop one totem per pack, use a warcry (which boosts speed and grants endurance charges) and by the time you place the 3rd totem and overwriting the 1st, it has finished killing what it needs to.

Rampage is great, especially with Breaches. You get mass AOE stuns, Vaal detonate dead, and some other nice bonuses. You get boosted damage, boosted movespeed, boosted cast speed, and an incentive to play fast. Breaches just look like gold mines because kills make you more powerful.

Single target damage is pretty godly. Two beams focusing on a boss will melt it like butter.

Last edited by Seeders on Dec 18, 2016, 3:09:53 AM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2016, 7:43:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info