[2.6] Popsicle Sticks - Over 60k freezing DPS! (3.0 WIP)

Very good build. Just one question: would could explain the points of ascendent do not see them clear in the tree?. Thank you and happy new year (late)
Last edited by Vientosur on Jan 2, 2017, 3:18:09 PM
Hello and thanks a lot for this build!

I have some questions regarding the totems' dps and jewels!

Both of the unique jewels you recommend seem a bit underwheling. Is there a synergy with them, or do they just add extra damage?

Also how much extra damage does the additional arrows do? (the one from the ascendancy and the one from the skirmish quiver) And what should my dps be to do some late game content? (high tier maps and atziri)

Thanks again!
"
Vientosur wrote:
Very good build. Just one question: would could explain the points of ascendent do not see them clear in the tree?. Thank you and happy new year (late)

Happy new year to you too :)

I went with:
- Deadeye for the 1 extra projectile/arrow and farshot (more projectile distance, increased damage)
- Assassin for the Maim (-30% movement) from critical strikes and 1% increased crit chance

Maybe this skill tree can provide you with a better picture:
www.poeurl.com/YFy
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last edited by 174nana on Jan 2, 2017, 10:58:30 PM
"
Jace2012 wrote:
Hello and thanks a lot for this build!

I have some questions regarding the totems' dps and jewels!

Both of the unique jewels you recommend seem a bit underwheling. Is there a synergy with them, or do they just add extra damage?

Also how much extra damage does the additional arrows do? (the one from the ascendancy and the one from the skirmish quiver) And what should my dps be to do some late game content? (high tier maps and atziri)

Thanks again!

Static Electricity placed in a good position (between Scion and Duelist) is able to provide a significant amount of flat lightning damage that will scale very well with all the elemental and totem damage nodes that this build has taken.

Same goes for Mantra of Fire. Eventhough it doesn't provide as much damage as Static Electricity, it still gives a good amount of flat fire damage for scaling and can be placed in any jewel slot.

I have tested with well rolled 40%+ damage rare jewels and they give equal or less DPS compared to the unique jewels (in the right location)

I wish there was a unique jewel that provided flat cold damage, but it does not yet exist :(

There is no more shotgunning directly from projectiles anymore since patch, so the additional arrows are merely there to speed up trash clearing from pack to pack as the totems can hit much more targets.

In terms of DPS, I am getting about 16k DPS per totems (with my current gear). This does not take into account Point Blank (50% more damage up close) which is almost always the case as you toss totems in front of your target. So the rough DPS is around 60k to 72k at optimum effectiveness with 3 totems right in front of your target.

This build runs normal atziri with no problems for all bosses and her phases. For Maps, I am currently around tier 12 and there is no problems at all too and I foresee it to be good all the way to tier 15.

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last edited by 174nana on Jan 2, 2017, 11:16:42 PM
"
174nana wrote:
"
Vientosur wrote:

Happy new year to you too :)

I went with:
- Deadeye for the 1 extra projectile/arrow and farshot (more projectile distance, increased damage)
- Assassin for the Maim (-30% movement) from critical strikes and 1% increased crit chance

Maybe this skill tree can provide you with a better picture:
www.poeurl.com/YFy

Thanks for your fasten answer.
Thanks for the fast reply!

Still I am a bit confused on how the additional projectiles work. They do not add damage, they just spread it around, right?

And one more question: Have you tried soloing Uber Lab? If yes how easy/hard is it for the build to clear it?

Thanks again!
"
Jace2012 wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply!

Still I am a bit confused on how the additional projectiles work. They do not add damage, they just spread it around, right?

And one more question: Have you tried soloing Uber Lab? If yes how easy/hard is it for the build to clear it?

Thanks again!

Exactly, they don't add any extra damage to single target but would hit much more targets when attacking a pack of monsters. But I do suspect that the cone AOE from Ice Shots stack similarly to how monsters can shotgun players with multiple projectiles that cause AOE when it hits players.

Uber lab is not a problem as long as you know the mechanics and make sure you don't take big hits or are prepared (granite+basalt up) when you do. My suggestion is to do Uber lab on the days where Izaro is using a 2-Hand Mace so you won't have to deal with his sword's windslash and only need to watch out for him leap slam and groundslam. With the permanent chill, it makes dodging his skills very easy and the blind helps reduce the chance of getting hit. The totems will easily wreck Uber Izaro and you only need to stay alive.

Lastly, Uber lab is just to get another 2 skill points based on what I planned out and is not required to enable this build due to Scion being able to unlock Assassin and Deadeye ascendancy just from Merciless Lab.

Last edited by 174nana on Jan 4, 2017, 8:15:56 PM
i'm following this build slowy, haven't gotten to point to use ice totems yet. I was wondering how or where do I put the jewels?
Hello again. Sorry to be so annoying but I've started to play recently. I already have my character to level 69 but I see that not it casts me Herald of Thunder + blind / Herald of Ice + Hypothermia, any suggestions? Thank you for patience.
ATM loveing this build. Freeze spells are just the way how to play. Will see how its carry later, cauz im playing only HC. Lets hope i dont lack of life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info