[2.5] Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone | ~7k HP, ~170% Fire Pen, ~175% AS | Vaal Pact Version

Hey there,

This is my theorycraft of a Berserker using Ngamahu's Flame and Xoph's Blood. I was thinking of a Juggernaut with a lot of accuracy and use Obscurantis to scale via attack speed and projectile damage but it didn't seem good enough to me but I'm sure someone can make it work. You can get similar attack speed with a Berserker(situational but yeah...) and the 40% more damage is way better to scale our damage.

I love more multipliers and you can put a lot of more multiplier gems into Molten Burst because:
"
Molten Burst is a Projectile attack with the keywords: Fire, Attack, Projectile and AoE...

Damn Son!

We convert 100% phys damage to fire, so the physical more multiplier gems apply at the same rate as well. And since we deal 100% fire damage we add another more multiplier on top: Elemental Overload :)
And I believe Ash from Xoph's Blood is a 20% more multiplier. WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!

Tree

114 Points

If reflect starts to hurt take Vaal Pact

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Kill

Can get War Bringer instead of Cloaked in Savagery but you need to fit self cast Immortal Call + Enduring Cry into the build to benefit from it.

Gear

Helmet: Devoto's Devotion (if you can handle resists from other gear & jewels)

Gotta go fast. In my opinion movement speed and attack speed is worth the loss of 10% phys dmg.

Or a rare with life, resists and open prefix to craft WED. If you go Elemental Overload, make sure it has 250+ accuracy roll.

Amulet: Xoph's Blood

10% life, 10% fire pen, Avatar of Fire, 10% str that will boost our life and dmg via Iron Grip. A very well rounded amulet.

Body Armour: Belly of the Beast

40% life, 15% all resist, flask life recovery rate.
Not much to say about this beast.

Belt: Rustic Sash with WED, life and resists. Heavy Belt & Leather Belt are also solid options.

A rustic sash will wield a lot of damage as we convert 100% of our physical damage to fire via Avatar of Fire(50%convert) + Ngamahu's Flame(50%convert).
Try to get 30%+ wed, 80+ life and resists.

Ring: Opal ring with WED, life and resists.

Opal Ring is superior to a Steel Ring for this build. Spam Essence of Anger on these till you get a life and resists. If you hit 30%+ WED, fill the missing stuff from Elreon if necessary. Try to get at least ~60-70% combined damage (implicit, fire, wed).

Ring: Doedre's Damning

We need that second curse. Elemental Weakness + Flammability to penetrate resistance. Projectile Weakness boots Molten Burst damage and also it's like having Lion's Roar all the time, knocback is really helpful, especially when clearing trash mobs in Atziri. Another option is Poacher's Mark, it allows us to gain Frenzy Charges easily, enhances our flask uptime and lastly helps with chance to hit if you opt to go Elemental Overload.

Gloves: Spiked or Gripped Gloves with life, attack speed and resists.

Bank on that sweet melee/proj dmg.

Boots: Rare with 30% ms, life and resists.

We need resists everywhere we can get.

Flasks: Lion's Roar, Instant or Half Instant Life Flask, Increased Effect Ruby Flask, Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline, Silver Flask

Must have suffixes: Remove Bleeding, Remove Freeze

From my own experiences you don't need remove freeze after getting Taste of Hate.

Lion's Roar + Projectile Weakness: Great survivability.

Jewels:
4 rare jewels with these mods:
Prefixes: maximum life*, as with axes/2h, fire dmg, phys dmg with axes/2h
Suffixes: area damage*, dmg, str, melee dmg, proj dmg,
*: must haves.

Can swap Warlord's Reach for +1 weapon range for less AoE map mod). Or swap Inc AoE with Ele focus on layouts with small rooms.

Gems

7L: Molten Burst, WED, Phys Proh Dmg, Concentrated Effect, Fire Pen, Added Fire, GMP

Alternatives: LGOH/Slower Projectiles/Elemental Focus

Phys Proj Dmg and Ele Focus is the same multiplier but Ele Focus has a downside, it can not cause status ailments. The downside of Phys Proj Dmg does not apply to Molten Burst.

6L: Cyclone, WED, Added Fire, MPD, Inc. AoE, Faster Attacks

Alternatives: Fortify/Vaal Cyclone/Elemental Focus

4L: Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Increased Duration, Ancestral Warchief/Protector

If you picked War Bringer instead of Cloaked in Savagery, if not put CWDT instead of Enduring Cry.

4L: Leap Slam + Fortify + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks

4L: Golem, Blasphemy, Projectile Weakness, Flammability

Chaos/Flame/Lightning/Stone Golem, they are all good even Ice if you go Elemental Overload.
Ele Weakness, Poacher's Mark are other options. Punishment looks good on paper but it isn't reliable.

Double Curse Blasphemy

I know, we take Elemental Overload but don't use anything to proc it. Instead of Increased Duration + Golem, you can proc it more reliably with Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes. Golem is great to have but you probably won't stop to recast it while Cycloning. If you really can't do without it, use the 6th socket of Cyclone or an Unset Ring till you get a good Opal Ring.

Numbers

~6.5k Life
~5k unbuffed armour
~100% Projectile Damage from Iron Grip
+3 Weapon Range= 14 Weapon Range
~170% fire penetration

71% as + 25% if you've been hit + 25% if you've taken a savage hit + ~30% from jewels + 12-16% from frenzy charges, +15 cyclone attack speed helmet enchant= ~175% attack speed.

This is insane since Cyclone has 50% more attack speed. Pairing that with a faster attacks gem you'll have a Molten Burst shower.

More Multipliers other than gems and flasks: Aspect of Carnage(40%), Ash(20%), Projectile Weakness(44%), Point Blank(50%), Frenzy Charges(12-16%), Elemental Overload(40%)
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Dec 16, 2016, 11:43:40 PM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2016, 6:37:07 AM
We already got planty Ngamahu's Flame builds but 115 points Marauder build with 162% life? Seriously...
"
pijanapanda wrote:
We already got planty Ngamahu's Flame builds but 115 points Marauder build with 162% life? Seriously...

Build has ~500 strength
Xoph's Blood: 10% increased maximum life,
Belly of the Beast: 30-40% increased maximum life,
4 jewels: ~20-28% increased maximum life.

Achieving 6k life isn't that hard.

Take the worst rolls of belly and jewels, 70 life on gloves, belt and boots and 50 life on a ring, you'd have 5.8k life at level 90.

And take it with a grain of salt. It only shows what you can get, if you think you need more life, drop some nodes to take life.

Satisfied?
Last edited by ta3boo on Dec 15, 2016, 7:22:53 AM
Added Vaal Pact tree.

I currently don't have the time to level this. Might give it a run next month.
Last edited by ta3boo on Dec 15, 2016, 7:51:19 AM
I'm prepping the items for the build. Aaaand screw devoto's, I stick with a rare helmet. Too much of a hassle to cap resists for Ele Weakness in red maps. I'll buy some more jewels, craft flasks and I'm ready to roll.

Gear

Last edited by ta3boo on Dec 16, 2016, 10:08:12 PM
The progress was good and all, I enjoyed the build very well but it was strategically better to sell the gear at this point. I'm sorry that I couldn't resist the 1 ex offers on my 5 chaos jewels :) (3 clean as w/ 2h, life, area dmg jewels.)

Thank you for all the memes, the one and only build that I profited 3x times the initial cost.
Sadly, all good things must come to an end...
See you on another reverse vulture adventure where a build goes meta and I'll make money out of it.

Adios!

Last edited by ta3boo on Dec 18, 2016, 4:56:38 AM
So, this dropped today:

Took me 61 jewellers and 8 fuses to 6L.

Time to go back to playing this build unless I find a buyer :D
"
ta3boo wrote:
So, this dropped today:

Why you link it?
"
ta3boo wrote:
So, this dropped today:

yeah this axe doesnt need to be linked for it to work
Yeah the fact that it's 6l is almost completely useless. You'd basically never run your attacking skill in it, so the links are basically just to show off. No one will pay regular 6 link price for that.
Last edited by CGImpulse on Dec 20, 2016, 8:15:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info