[2.5] [New Vid] Assassin: Wisdom and Action 800kdps on a 5L

"
Altissimus wrote:
I would like to know what links people are using and why.

Currently, my link order (by priority) is:

BF (duh)
WED (MORE damage)
Elemental Focus (MORE damage, but does mean we can't shock without Vinktar's)
Lightning Pen (MORE damage, effectively)

So then it gets a bit complicated. For 5L...

Added Lightning (This is adding ~1,400 DPS in my HO).
Increased AoE (I do not use this. With temple and witch AoE nodes, I have found it to be sufficient. I also have BF enchant on helm from UberLab (12%) but I've only just got this and it was fine before. I am not sure IAoE is necessary).
Concentrated Effect (Argus mincer only, really).
Faster Attacks (again, like IAoE, I don't think this is really necessary. With attack speed in gems, I am currently at 5.05 per second and that's good enough...will get better next level with another gem).

And for 6L...

LL (lose Warlord's mark, but gain mana problems)
Increased Crit Damage (this adds 1k dps in my HO if used in 5L; added lightning seems better).
Increase Crit Strike (can't see this being better over Crit Damage).
Concentrated Effect (with IAoE in 5L) - two gems for ~20% increase AoE and ~60% increased Area damage...worth it?

So my preference currently is, in order:

BF - WED - EF - LP - AL - ICD

What's yours?

Life Leech is a must for this set up if you want to tackle higher tiers map and challenge, I can only do tier 12 or higher with it but I guess you can get those extra life leech node down the duelist path if you have point to spare or from jewel.
For 6th link I would go with
BF - WED - EF - LP - LL - iAoE or CoF depend on whether I'm using it on trash mob or bosses. So far so good. But if I level up more ( assume that I could to level 100 which is not worth it) I can get the duelist nodes so I can change LL with something else like AL or both IAoE and CoF together.

Edit: OP also has Lighting Damage leech as life on one of his claws, so yeah...maybe that why he has plenty of leech.
Last edited by kazkyu on Jan 4, 2017, 9:38:47 AM
"
kazkyu wrote:

Life Leech is a must for this set up if you want to tackle higher tiers map and challenge, I can only do tier 12 or higher with it but I guess you can get those extra life leech node down the duelist path if you have point to spare or from jewel.
For 6th link I would go with
BF - WED - EF - LP - LL - iAoE or CoF depend on whether I'm using it on trash mob or bosses. So far so good. But if I level up more ( assume that I could to level 100 which is not worth it) I can get the duelist nodes so I can change LL with something else like AL or both IAoE and CoF together.

Edit: OP also has Lighting Damage leech as life on one of his claws, so yeah...maybe that why he has plenty of leech.

Are you using Warlord's Mark in blasphemy aura?

Are you using Vintkar's?

Are you still having leech probs with both of those in situ?
Maybe i missed it somewhere,but how do we gain power charges??? i only have endurance for now(lvl 73)
So I am running this setup and My clear speed on T14 and T15 maps is awesome. But I have a lot of issues with the bosses. Any suggestions?
Hi there. I'm currently playing a level 56 Shadow Assassin (just got my first Ascendancy points) and I don't have any of the gear pieces that you have but I'm trying to get at least the gem slots set-up which I'm discovering is very expensive to try for. But I do have some questions and apologies if they've already been addressed. I'm fairly new to the game still so I still don't know the ins and outs of gem set-ups but I noticed that for the claws, you have 2 different blue, gem sets. Do you switch out between them, sorta mix and match based off of bosses? Also on the claws, your other set-up pairs WB with FAS and Fort. I have those 2 supps paired with BF. Does the FAS gem apply globally or is it restricted to WB? Of the two sets, which would be best for leveling purposes. I have access to all the same gems you have, just not the slot allocation. The Vaal Discipline dropped yesterday and Enlighten dropped a few days ago. Also, what about HoT? Is it not as good when compared to Wrath?

I'm also finding that my dps is very weak and so is my survivability (even after finding your guide.) I realize that since I don't have the same gear, skill tree or even gem set-up that your guide does, that I won't be doing mass amount of damage, but when I see people at the level that I'm at say that they have over 1-2k dps, I'm blown away. I barely cross over 500 dps and get shredded by the breaches and most of the bosses multiple times until they finally die. Dominus was hard. I died about 6 times and while I was respawning, my Lighting Golem finished him off. Just how are people getting such high dps? Thanks for posting the build and your time. ~ Synreaver
Hello I'm just wondering,when should I spec into chaos inoculation since I'm at 4,500 ES now lvl 79 and 1,5k hp thank you.
"
Bakkkiii wrote:
Maybe i missed it somewhere,but how do we gain power charges??? i only have endurance for now(lvl 73)

Assassin Ascendancy
"
Synreaver wrote:
I'm also finding that my dps is very weak and so is my survivability (even after finding your guide.)

You should make your profile/characters public so we can have a look at what you actually did/have.
I did everything but Uber Atziri, Guardians and Shaper yet. I play (still) noncrit and have no stun immunity, but so far, only 3 enemies managed to stunlock me: Esh, corrupted Merveil (Mineral Pools) and the Cursed King, also corrupted (The Dark Forest). Unless playing HC, I don't see a point in getting stun immunity. I consider taking Heart of Oak (instead of Primal Spirit or for another 2 skill points) to reduce my chance to be stunned, together with my 15k evasion (39k flasked), that should be enough to avoid stunlocks. I also have an Ancestral Warchief and the Golem to hide behind, not to mention the mobility with Whirling Blades.

Everything dies so quickly, Path of Building says I do 600k max dps with BF (plain damage: no Vinktar/Pene, no Shock, no Frenzy), if I release at 6 stages - the game says 10k hideout damage. I still play with 5 links :D
"
Bakkkiii wrote:
Hello I'm just wondering,when should I spec into chaos inoculation since I'm at 4,500 ES now lvl 79 and 1,5k hp thank you.

Are you already running Discipline?

You should spec CI when:

A) you've got enough ES gear to get at least 6k ES with Discipline

OR

B) your life pool is small enough for chaos damage to kill you

AND

C) you have your utility flasks ready
D) you know how you're going to deal with stun/freeze in CI

Don't forget the 15% MORE node behind CI when calculating what your final ES pool will be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info