(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone

-3.0 update,Cyclone pathfinding!
I haven't really played much of this since breach league (did play the raider version and I prefer the leech from berserker more), but everything is probably still the same.The price of the amulet currently makes it a little less budget though(almost 600c atm in Hsc).

But you could save some currency by grabbing avatar of fire instead by dropping points from somewhere like this

AOF passive tree example

Drop some damage nodes and get aof instead and save 600c if you want.GL

Also you should be able to activate cloaked in savagery on demand using Doedre's Elixir.
Have fun if you're still interested in playing this and try out other stuff that you think might make it better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Conents

0: Preface
1: Passive trees
2: Ascendancy
3: Gem Links
4: Bandits
5: Gear
6: Leveling
7: Videos
8: TOOLTIP WARRIOR DPS

0:Preface

Hello ! I haven't played the berserker ascendancy since it was buffed so I decided to play one this league.
Though originally this was supposed to be a normal cyclone build I stumbled upon the new Ngamahu's Flame Axe and oh boy...its been so much fun!

This build was made to be more focused on a soft-core oriented play-style in the Breach League but can possibly be made hc viable with other choices in gear/passives and ascendancy.Feel free to make your own :)

Pros

-Fun to Play
-Fairly affordable weapon (from 4c to 40c :/ )
-Easy to gear
-Can facetank bosses for style points
-Fairly Tanky (as tanky as a melee berserker can be with just stacking life)
-Insane Leech with Vaal Pact
-Manly Marauder
-Over 180% Increased life
-Easy & Fast t11+ mapping (red maps)
-Easy Breaching (4/5 Breach Lords down so far)
-Easy Atziri farming
-Meta

Cons

-Reflect/Cannot leech mods can be a problem
-Melee
-Can die from being hit by things off screen
-It relies on taking some heavy hits to survive =) so slow degens can kill you :(

-Cycloners can kill the toughest bosses and most nightmarish creatures but are easily defeated by one tiny thing..

=============================================================

1: Passive tree

There are a few different trees to choose from.

Cloaked in savagery feels so op with vaal pact as it allows you to pretty much facetank a lot of bosses and other mobs but the choice is up to you.

You can go blood magic /vaal pact or blood magic without vaal pact or no blood magic and auras :/ I couldn’t decide,SO I TRIED THEM ALL(RIP REGRET ORBS)

Blood magic has about 1k more hp than the non bm version w/ a belly equipped and I had around 7k hp with bm/belly but could’ve gotten more with a kaoms heart.

I couldn't decide which one I liked :/
Choose your own destiny(bm might be easier tho~)
111points/level 90

180%+ increased life
Spoiler
No blood magic/auras/blasphemy /vaal pact

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDcm-CcvhMWbtTB3Mn41kjhTOQ46UjwFPC09_Co4QKBGt0d-wzoZik4yUEeXBlhjWfNZ_l4TXz_Eol_QYVJkUmVNZ5toZWjyu-NyqXTtdqx253h6eu982f66ggeDX4PMfXWE2YTvhmCHaozPkFWXeZhX036iAO96qSeplPajrKos-64-r2wVILc-vJ-9Nr6nvwjAZsCmwaMtg4oixPbGrsbYGbTPftNv2L3ZfNrB3D3iYeRR6hDqGO8O707vfPAfJyDz3fZI9zL4X_jr_go=

no blood magic/no vaal pact
slightly more damage and life than vaal pact version

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDcm-Ccv42owdzJ-NZI4UzkOOlI8BTwtPfwWb0CgRrdHfvrSZp5OMlBHcg9YY1nzWf5eE18_8kFf0GFSZFJlTWebaGVo8hRNcql07Xasdud4enrvfNn8S4IHg1-DzKZXhNmE74Zgh2qMz5BVl3mYV03jogD-j6knqZQ64ayqrY2uPq9sJyC3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsGjiiKUb8T2xq7G2Cz7z37Tb9i92Xzawdw94mHkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-F_46_4KZlQ=

blood magic vaal pact-
new tree with vaal pact :/ had to get it to liiiivve theese breeaaacch bossess are cray!

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDclvCb4Jy8qOMM6Mn41kjhTOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38GYpAoEa3R36XBk3jTjJQR8SiWGNZ814TXz-741_QYVJkUmVNZ5toZWjy_rpyqXTtdqx253h6eu982X11ggeDX4PM036E2YTvhmCHaozPkFWXeZhX73qiAKZXqSeplPajrKquPq9sFSC3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApi2DxPbGrsbYGbTPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-F_46_4K_o8=

thanks to kelongngu!

blood magic tree without vaal pact
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWU6ULYQ48E0wUIBRNFHEW6RfhGJEaOCFVIZAiryQ3Jbwm-CcgJy8s-zB3Mn41kjhTOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-HKdN404yUEdYY1nzWf5eE18_X9BhUmRSZU1nm2hlaPJyqXTtdqx253h6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiiKMz5BVl3mYV6IAplepJ6mUrKqtja4-r2y3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsGj8kHE9sauxtjPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPiYeRR6hDqGO8O707vfPAf8kUMX_Pd9kj3Mvhf-Ov8S_4K_o8=

2:Ascendancy

For the Ascendancy I went berserker because it was fairly new to me and I wanted to play around Cloaked In savagery and vaal pact.

Spoiler
"
Cloaked In savagery
100% of Damage Leeched as Life if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently
50% increased Damage if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently
25% increased Attack Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently

easy to proc,things hit you and you get an uber vinktars flask without doing anything

"
Savage hit
A savage hit is a hit that removes at least 15% of the target's maximum life. Damage to energy shield and mana are not counted toward the savage hit threshold.

Crave the slaughter>Apect of carnage>Pain reaver>Cloaked in savagery

Alternatively you can pick up the Pain reaver node first in normal to get the leech to aid in leveling.

You can also choose to go the chieftan ascendancy,It's tankier and has fire resistance and endurance charge generation.
Spoiler

You could also play this as a slayer/raider or any other class you want :p

3:Gem Links

What makes this weapon great is that you don't need links on it for it to work.All that matters are the sockets on it since everything you socket into it will get applied to the molten burst effect of the weapon(the molten strike projectiles).

Cyclone can be socketed into a 4 link item as it only serves as a means to proc with weapon's effect quickly but it can do alot of damage on its own with appropriate links.

NO 6 LINKS NEEDED

expand for gem setup

Spoiler

For the Weapon

Spoiler

Using gems that scale the projectile greatly,along with the Iron grip keystone we picked up, cause these meat balls do a lot of damage when they hit the floor.

Swap conc/inc aoe for mapping and bosses and if you got some problems with landing killing blows you can swap in culling strike instead of gmp for those tough fights but I as I understand the projectile explosions can overlap.

Cyclone's links depends on what passive tree you chose and how many links are at your disposal.

If BM swap out the blood magic gem for inc aoe /firepen/added fire/ ele focus (too many options :) )
Alternatively if you didn't go bm and are using auras and not using a blasphemy you should be able to sustain off the leech from pain reaver!

A 3 link will suffice(to get started).

6link options

You can swap in added fire or life gain on hit too,again,so many options :/ or use the blood magic gem if you're running with mana and have problems sustaining

Vaal haste/Immortal Call setup

The Vaal cyclone/Leap spam setup/remove BM is you have the keystone.

Blasphemy setup if you're not going blood magic

I've been having fps problems with dual curse setup :/ hitting monsters just make me stutter so much

If you're blood magic you can get an essence worm ring to socket a purity aura or herald of ash
You also don't need to use these,You can choose from any auras you want,mix and match-Have fun! FInd whats best for you,GO defensive or pure offensive.

4:Bandits:

Kill all or help Kraityn,Your choice

5:Gear
There is only 1 REQUIRED item for this build and thats the weapon itself.

Without that its just another cyclone build.

A Xoph's Blood is a nice late game min-max item but it's not required.

Everything else can be just rare with High life and resists!

Also a point to note is that jewels with the *increased Physical damage* mod scale both cyclone and the balls unlike ones with *melee physical damage* which only scales the damage of cyclone ,so keep that in mind when searching for jewels

Recommended Gear
Spoiler

Provides alot of movement speed and attack speed,Perfect for cyclone but not 100% needed.

This should be your endgame amulet ,try saving up or farming for one

30% movement speed boots~

-----

Look for gear with about 80 life/ 50-60 total resists.

----

my gear atm
Spoiler

http://poe-profile.info/profile/slothx/KarnageQuake
(character link with the new cool profiler)

Spoiler

not all my jewels are optimal.
try to get Life+Physical damage/fire damage/projectile damage + whatever other stats you lack on jewels

my old setup
Spoiler

My gear,changed a lot as I experimented with this build.

trying out double curse warlords+poachers for frenzy and endurance charges/leech and life gain on hit,causes a bit of lag when hitting alot of stuff :/

Using Sibyls to survive reflect damage when clearing breaches/mapping and I swap In voideye(recoloring when necessary) to use a defensive aura/purity for certain bosses such as purity for fire for xoph.

6:Leveling

Leveling is pretty much the same as any melee.I used sunder and Earthquake until I was able to equip the weapon at level 55 and switched to cyclone and never stopped spinning but if you can't/don't want to wait that long you could use a thief's torment ring to help sustain mana until you get the leech for cyclone worked out.

Some cool leveling weapons to help you speed through to end game.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Point progression
Spoiler
27 point tree

56 points

70 points

Your final tree depends on if you wan't Blood Magic/Vaal Pact or Not.
make that choice and go

Spoiler
No blood magic/auras/blasphemy /vaal pact
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDcm-CcvhMWbtTB3Mn41kjhTOQ46UjwFPC09_Co4QKBGt0d-wzoZik4yUEeXBlhjWfNZ_l4TXz_Eol_QYVJkUmVNZ5toZWjyu-NyqXTtdqx253h6eu982f66ggeDX4PMfXWE2YTvhmCHaozPkFWXeZhX036iAO96qSeplPajrKos-64-r2wVILc-vJ-9Nr6nvwjAZsCmwaMtg4oixPbGrsbYGbTPftNv2L3ZfNrB3D3iYeRR6hDqGO8O707vfPAfJyDz3fZI9zL4X_jr_go=

no blood magic/no vaal pact
slightly more damage and life than vaal pact version

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDcm-Ccv42owdzJ-NZI4UzkOOlI8BTwtPfwWb0CgRrdHfvrSZp5OMlBHcg9YY1nzWf5eE18_8kFf0GFSZFJlTWebaGVo8hRNcql07Xasdud4enrvfNn8S4IHg1-DzKZXhNmE74Zgh2qMz5BVl3mYV03jogD-j6knqZQ64ayqrY2uPq9sJyC3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsGjiiKUb8T2xq7G2Cz7z37Tb9i92Xzawdw94mHkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-F_46_4KZlQ=

blood magic vaal pact-
new tree with vaal pact :/ had to get it to liiiivve theese breeaaacch bossess are cray!

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhkCKvJDclvCb4Jy8qOMM6Mn41kjhTOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38GYpAoEa3R36XBk3jTjJQR8SiWGNZ814TXz-741_QYVJkUmVNZ5toZWjy_rpyqXTtdqx253h6eu982X11ggeDX4PM036E2YTvhmCHaozPkFWXeZhX73qiAKZXqSeplPajrKquPq9sFSC3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApi2DxPbGrsbYGbTPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-F_46_4K_o8=

thanks to kelongngu!

blood magic tree without vaal pact
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWU6ULYQ48E0wUIBRNFHEW6RfhGJEaOCFVIZAiryQ3Jbwm-CcgJy8s-zB3Mn41kjhTOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-HKdN404yUEdYY1nzWf5eE18_X9BhUmRSZU1nm2hlaPJyqXTtdqx253h6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiiKMz5BVl3mYV6IAplepJ6mUrKqtja4-r2y3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsGj8kHE9sauxtjPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPiYeRR6hDqGO8O707vfPAf8kUMX_Pd9kj3Mvhf-Ov8S_4K_o8=

7:Videos

Adding as I do stuff

Spoiler

Xoph is easy but nevertheless..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34daib1v47o

-----------------

This was easy too
Uul-Netol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ktx7SRbiA

-----------------

This was easy untill I messed up and died.
May have been easier if my gems weren't level 5/10 since I just flipped them to max quality xD
Tul ( 1 death :/ )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSfsCemDOaA

-----------------

Esh coming soon as I upload it,Chayula....next 10 years when I get more splinters..... :/

-----------------

Atziri run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A37uOxY1Z3M

-----------------
All guardians Done

Playlist of Boss fights here

Might try shaper at the end of the league.

8: DPS

http://poe-profile.info/profile/slothx/KarnageQuake

DISCLAIMER;Please keep in mind that my gear is better than average(wed on rings and belt,almost good jewels) and pretty good overall.
Yours might not be.

Tooltip isn't exactly a good way to determine dps since it doesn't take into account my fire pen(76% from items and the tree and the gem ) and other stuff.

Anways,Cyclone in hideout has 77k but my gems are around level 10 currently since I just flipped them to 20 quality*.Easily reaching over 100k in combat with charges. As for the molten burst its was at around 15k(?) but currrently its under 10k because the gems are low level.

Spoiler

* If you didn't know If you trade a level 20 gem to a vendor along with a gemcutters prism they will trade you the same gem at level 1 with max quality.

Changes

-3.0 rehash

---------
-Updated the trees with Vaal pact to a more efficient pathing thanks to kelongngu!
-added a quick atziri run
-added Maze of the Minotaur and fixed some things
-added playlist for all guardian boss fights 4/4 done..shaper soon(tm)

-Might not be playing that much till the new league or 3.0...xb1bb

Thank you for checking it out! GL

Last edited by slothx on Aug 24, 2017, 4:37:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2018, 12:19:30 PM
whats about chieftain?
Hi, i took a look at your BM/VP tree and made some adjustments.

I originally wanted to play Zerker cyclone but decided to play Slayer this league instead.

anyway

http://tinyurl.com/hkru2u9

For the same amount of points:
You lose the following:
Sentinel (10% resistances and 24% armor)
Reflexes (kinda useless since you don't have Iron Reflexes?)
Jewel socket (this could be huge if you have nice jewels)

but you gain the following:
Finesse (attack speed)
Heart of Oak (4% movespeed from small node, some life, some stun recovery)
Ballistic Mastery (more damage for your balls)

Your original tree would make more sense if you plan to take the build further and pick up Iron Reflexes later.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Dec 13, 2016, 4:39:32 AM
"
kelongngu wrote:
Hi, i took a look at your BM/VP tree and made some adjustments.

I originally wanted to play Zerker cyclone but decided to play Slayer this league instead.

anyway

http://tinyurl.com/hkru2u9

For the same amount of points:
You lose the following:
Sentinel (10% resistances and 24% armor)
Reflexes (kinda useless since you don't have Iron Reflexes?)
Jewel socket (this could be huge if you have nice jewels)

but you gain the following:
Finesse (attack speed)
Heart of Oak (4% movespeed from small node, some life, some stun recovery)
Ballistic Mastery (more damage for your balls)

Your original tree would make more sense if you plan to take the build further and pick up Iron Reflexes later.

Thats interesting I didn't think about going that route at that time!

"
toliard28 wrote:
whats about chieftain?

You can play it as that too
I am in the process of rerolling into Berserker coming from Raider to deal with my reflect issues and planned a BM/VP tree.

http://poeurl.com/VxB

Key difference is that I also pick up Point Blank on the tree and add Added Fire in the axe. This is for level 81. After that I am picking up remaining 5% life nodes and the two point jewel sockets. Potentially I also spec into the Celerity cluster for extra 9% movespeed. Will probably decide when I got to play with it.
Here's my planned tree, it's a bit different since I grab Crit and use a Romiras Banquet... I have around 87% chance to hit without Resolute Technique.

Working pretty well so far (lvl 78), heres my gear setup:

Spoiler

Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Dec 13, 2016, 2:23:40 PM
hc viable with RT?? looks super fun
Last edited by blizaro on Dec 13, 2016, 10:57:28 PM
"
blizaro wrote:

Fair word of warning: Ele reflect rares can be really rippy under some circumstances. Even with capped res.
"
tzuiop wrote:
"
blizaro wrote:

Fair word of warning: Ele reflect rares can be really rippy under some circumstances. Even with capped res.

true that ^^,I even tried with sibyl's lament+ purity and that stuff was still catching me off guard
Last edited by slothx on Dec 14, 2016, 7:18:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info