3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

Hey there! I just wanted to say I really enjoy playing this build on Breach. I rarely play elemental attack builds but this one felt quite fast and smooth. Hit lv 91 yesterday and thought I'd share :)
Last edited by anton_ge on Jan 14, 2017, 1:21:37 PM
"
byakuya44 wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
phitta wrote:
what do you think about using Hyaon's fury Legion sword ?

Low crit, and you will take too much damage and die horribly :)

If it was not for the increased damage taken, it would be perfect for a non crit build.

Just for fact : i play with skyforge, i have all the time 5 power actif, with this sword i have 82%crit, crit is not a probleme, sustain+damage it is..., i ru t11/12, with 44k buffed+frenzy/power and pack is long, boss too, i have a other build CWDT i OS pack in t12

This build cost me +/- 40ex (for good roll item)+32 skyforth
Spoiler
my other cost me 10 ex for jewell other is little unique total 1/2 ex max....

Will not your health be very low with that build? I am sure the damage is great, but with skyforths and power charges, I would invest in a LL or CI build I think.
"
byakuya44 wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
phitta wrote:

If it was not for the increased damage taken, it would be perfect for a non crit build.

Just for fact : i play with skyforge, i have all the time 5 power actif, with this sword i have 82%crit, crit is not a probleme, sustain+damage it is..., i ru t11/12, with 44k buffed+frenzy/power and pack is long, boss too, i have a other build CWDT i OS pack in t12

Spoiler

I have no idea how you get 80 crit with hyaons furry and your skill tree, i dont even know how you have 5 power charges with 0 charges on the tree. You also have propably like 4-4.5k life, i have no idea why you use an aegis aurora...

"
I got about 7ex left, any suggestions on what to upgrade first?
Thank you, love this build.

You could try to get a weapon with higher base crit, replace the mana leech on gloves with another resist and try to get even better jewellery -- the coral ring is amazing, but there is still room for flat lightning on the other ring and ammulet :)
Glad you like the build!

"
How viable is it for HC? I love it!

Eeh not super viable, it will do maps fine in hc i would say, but guardians/shaper are not really safe to do deathless with 6.3k life.

Finally got my 6L, and a little bit better weapon (still just a place holder). The penetration gem really does add tons of damage, feels amazing running around. And despite my tooltip being only 24k, I am doing content easily. Did Xoph just to test it, and did not even have to swap GMP for Slower, I could facetank him with GMP (though I do use a stibnite).

Got the empower and enighten going as well, but still missing Vorici level 8 for hte shiled with +1, so I had to content with a regular one for now.

However, I seem to really struggle with mana without mana flows passives. How do you keep mana going, just a high level enlighten? :)

Other than that, amazing build! Best I played in a long long time.

Spoiler
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jan 14, 2017, 9:08:21 AM
"
byakuya44 wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
phitta wrote:

Spoiler

Are you trolling or do you really not have any clue about mechancs in poe? Ur gear and this build have allmost nothing to do with each other... Ofc its possible to sunk hundreds of exalts in to build that wont work if you do it wrong.

Ive used about 10ex in the build (6 i paid for 6 link belly), 6.4k hp and 39k hideout gmp dps with only auras on and no helm enchant yet, allmost every boss ive been able to try out dies in 1-5sec even in 3 player party when im only one doing damage. Damage is so good i still cant beleave it. Damn im waiting to get the helm enchant, missed someone selling starkonja with it for 1ex, i would be glad to pay that for it, but not more, and atm theres only 2 for sale and they ask 8 wich i would not pay even if i had hundreds of ex's. Wth is it with those helm enchant prices :S

One of the best builds ive played in a long time, play style is active, ur not immortal in every place so it keeps you at ur toe in harder maps wich is nice so the gaming doesnt feel too boring. Also playing around with those following spectrals is a small mini game itself :p
And theres alot to experiment with utility gems and such if u want to try out some small changes in play style. Id say 9.5/10

Someone asking about mana problems, get one or two jewels with +2 mana gain on hit, that should solve it, also if you use empower with wrat you need lvl 3 enlighten in +1 to gems so u will have the mana to throw 3 times before it runs out if no leech/gain, exept if you have alot of mana from somewhere, maybe you ccan throw 3 times with lower level enlighten.

---- One problem ive had!--- Damn chaos damage/dot in some places, im zero chaos res atm. Would need allmost perfect gear to get some chaos res and ele weaknes cap, wich im only missing 4 fire res atm.
Last edited by DeGyrst on Jan 14, 2017, 11:09:17 AM
Hi There, just wanted to thank you for this amazing build, in love with it!
My current gear:

About mana problems: to have a greater mana pool to attack the best way is to get as high level enlighten as you can, or you can try out mana on hit jewels for sustain, like DeGyrst said. Another option is getting mana regen mod on rings/amulet like mine, obviously they are rare and they have low priority when searching for new accesories, but its a nice bonus if you manage to get it.
Also you have to be accurate with your attacks, always hit something, or you will run out of mana in no time (especially on no regen maps). Make sure you have your movement skill linked to bloodmagic. Shield charge feels to be better overall for me, because its a lot easier to proc fortify with it, not to mention the lower mana cost. In addition, if you have it on blood magic, and you run out of mana on no regen maps, you can use it to charge into a pack and leech enough mana back to be able to attack again.

Capping resists for elemental weakness red maps can be hard, if you use unique gloves/chest/helm/shield, but its doable with some jewels without much damage loss.

Managed to get an Acuity in my uber atziri runs, so i started using it. Acuity allows different pathing on tree (you can check at my profile), which saves 2 skill points, or even more if you took +int nodes. Obviously to be able to use it properly you have to make sure you have your crit chance high, so its realy not an item you should think about when you dont have the other parts of the gear yet. Notice that the tooltip dps will be lower with acuity than with ias+ proj dmg gripped gloves, but the extra skillpoints you save can be used to get another jewel slot and compensate the dps loss, while you get some extra maximum life. In addition to that, it will free up some suffix places on accesories to take something more useful than int. Just wanted to give some feedback about acuity.

Some of the previous posts overemphasize the tooltip dps, while dropping all the defensive stats (i have seen few ppl speccing out acrobatics and phase acrobatics to take aura nodes and run Herald of Ice for 3rd aura), thats not the way to go in my opinion, since you should have lot of damage if you build correctly.
Just be patient and level your gems, they add tons of damage.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks again for the build!

Extra: managed to take a screenshot on a temporal chain t15 dark forest map, while having soul eater from prophecy, which took it to a whole new level, sadly there were no more mobs left, but whatever:
http://imgur.com/a/Wvico

Last edited by Kaci13 on Jan 15, 2017, 8:57:13 AM
"
Kaci13 wrote:

Managed to get an Acuity in my uber atziri runs, so i started using it. Acuity allows different pathing on tree (you can check at my profile), which saves 2 skill points, or even more if you took +int nodes. Obviously to be able to use it properly you have to make sure you have your crit chance high, so its realy not an item you should think about when you dont have the other parts of the gear yet.

Thanks for sharing the infos. How much crit chance would you say is the minimum to have if you are using Acuity? If I spec into to some crit chance nodes on the tree (Depth perception and the 40% one handed crit chance next to Thick Skin) I am able to reach 70% crit chance, but this will force me to miss some projectile damage nodes, which in overall reduces my tooltip dps. But as you said, you need a somewhat high crit chance to make use of Acuity, I am just unsure, how much is high enough?
At the moment i have 65% base crit chance, which jumps to 88% as long as my diamond flask is up (which is very easy to keep up permanently during mapping and should be full at bossfights also). To get capped I'm using herald of thunder with curse on hit + assassin mark which is totally fine for mapping. At bossfights orb of storms with power charge on crit will make sure im capped. You can use this on hexproof maps to keep power charges up, but i feel like casting orb just slowing me down instead of helping.

60% should be more than enough as long as you have your flask and charges up, taking those extra crit nodes seems overkill for me. With flask up its 84% (if you have 60% base) and with the power charges its capped even with a 7% base crit weapon.

Probably you would be fine even with less crit chance (survivability), but to get the best out of it, (both for damage output and leech reliability) i wouldnt advise to get lower than 60%.

(Note: Cant guarantee that all these numbers are 100% correct but it should be close to reality.)

Last edited by Kaci13 on Jan 14, 2017, 5:15:57 PM
Hi, I'm enjoying this build so far and would like to seek your views on this weapon I just bought:-

Should I replace the Crit Multiplier with Crit Chance instead? Many thanks!
I apprecitate good old wall of texts, usually lots of info :)

"
ocha wrote:
Hi, I'm enjoying this build so far and would like to seek your views on this weapon I just bought:-

Should I replace the Crit Multiplier with Crit Chance instead? Many thanks!

I think so yes, the crit chance scales better with the rest of the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info