[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to chime in and add my 2 cents on this build. I've been playing it all season and want to thank the OP for such a fun and speedy build. Really well done and the vaal pact tree with new ele damage nodes is solid.

However, just wanted to let everyone know that if you feel like you are hitting a wall around t15+, I'm talking the nasty dark forest boss and guardians, another great option is to switch to CI.

Just made the switch, which isn't cheap, but I'm sitting at 10k es (with sub par rolls on a few pieces) with more damage than before (due to auras) and it's really just a lot better all around for end game. Personally I recommend using this build until you can save up for the CI switch. It's night and day better for end game, hands down. While the other build may be viable, for semi casual gamers like myself, ci with massive es provides the safety I need for end game.

My character should be available for anyone who wants to take a look. Thx again all I've been reading this thread all season and it's been very helpful.

I'm facetanking guardians and have not died in a few days with a life build. But I want to use this build for farming shaper and with this setup its going to be almost impossible. Have about 20 ex to spend on gear after I sold my 6-link darreaso. Need some tips how to make this work?!

I figure that CI with a lot of ES will be the way to get there, but have never played around with ES. Plus I'm a raider atm and don't know if thats going to cut it after reading some of the comments of pathfinder being better.
Do I need to respec in to pathfinder, bandits and passives? or just level a new char?
Would Shavronne's Wrappings be a good fit for this CI build?
The amount of chromatics to do 5 off colors is going to be hard, or?

Just any tips that would help me doing shaper without any problem PLZ
Last edited by Nordatheman on Mar 28, 2017, 9:33:51 PM
Hey buddy, take a look at my character. It might help guide you in how to make the ci switch. I think 20ex budget is pretty good. Sadly you may need a few more, but you're pretty darn close.

Shavs is not needed and a bad idea. You want as high as 6l vaal regalia as you can get. Spend at least 12ex here. Without a shield, you want one over 800 for sure.

After wasting a lot of currency trying to colour one properly, I simply searched for a good one with the colours I needed and bought it when it was posted. It only took me a day of live search to find a good one.

You do not need to re do bandits or switch to pathfinder. I did none of that. Just a re spec of passive points. Raider has been working beautifully so far, I'm not sure why people think pathfinder is so much better, but my ci raider has 10k es and moves fast and hits hard. And I'm using fortify in my 6l and deaths door boots. And 170 es gloves. Still lots of room for improvement.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Mopstah on Mar 29, 2017, 9:53:34 AM
"
Icemasta wrote:
Alright, I got my hands on a Xoph's blood, this build is rocking, but I got one question: Does Physical Damage with Axes apply to Molten Burst? I am asking because I modified your tree a bit to accomodate more life and Vaal Pact, as well as getting 4.2% life leeched, but I decided to choose Rampart to buff fortify and realized that it only said "Melee", therefore definitely not buffing Molten Burst.

tl;dr; Does Physical damage with axes such as Cleaving applies to Molten Burst?

Id also love to know if Physical Damage with Axes applies to Molten Burst, as from what ive heard, it seems(molten burst) to be the majority of the damage this build gets, some say around 90%?
My initial guess is no, it does not. That it only applies to cyclone. But I am far from an expert.

Things that I know for sure boost molten strike damage are fire damage, projectile damage, elemental damage, etc.

This should be easy enough to test though. Simply look at molten burst damage. Add cleaving node. See if it increases. If not, you can always just regret it. Like I said, I could be wrong.
"
Nordatheman wrote:
"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to chime in and add my 2 cents on this build. I've been playing it all season and want to thank the OP for such a fun and speedy build. Really well done and the vaal pact tree with new ele damage nodes is solid.

However, just wanted to let everyone know that if you feel like you are hitting a wall around t15+, I'm talking the nasty dark forest boss and guardians, another great option is to switch to CI.

Just made the switch, which isn't cheap, but I'm sitting at 10k es (with sub par rolls on a few pieces) with more damage than before (due to auras) and it's really just a lot better all around for end game. Personally I recommend using this build until you can save up for the CI switch. It's night and day better for end game, hands down. While the other build may be viable, for semi casual gamers like myself, ci with massive es provides the safety I need for end game.

My character should be available for anyone who wants to take a look. Thx again all I've been reading this thread all season and it's been very helpful.

I'm facetanking guardians and have not died in a few days with a life build. But I want to use this build for farming shaper and with this setup its going to be almost impossible. Have about 20 ex to spend on gear after I sold my 6-link darreaso. Need some tips how to make this work?!

I figure that CI with a lot of ES will be the way to get there, but have never played around with ES. Plus I'm a raider atm and don't know if thats going to cut it after reading some of the comments of pathfinder being better.
Do I need to respec in to pathfinder, bandits and passives? or just level a new char?

Could you please allow me to see your char? I would like to see some things before i post mine.
"
Brenovisky wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:
"
Mopstah wrote:

Could you please allow me to see your char? I would like to see some things before i post mine.

Sorry, sold all my gear and trying out a new wand based build. But I think I will go back to this one after I find a good 6-link with the right colors.
"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey buddy, take a look at my character. It might help guide you in how to make the ci switch. I think 20ex budget is pretty good. Sadly you may need a few more, but you're pretty darn close.

Shavs is not needed and a bad idea. You want as high as 6l vaal regalia as you can get. Spend at least 12ex here. Without a shield, you want one over 800 for sure.

After wasting a lot of currency trying to colour one properly, I simply searched for a good one with the colours I needed and bought it when it was posted. It only took me a day of live search to find a good one.

You do not need to re do bandits or switch to pathfinder. I did none of that. Just a re spec of passive points. Raider has been working beautifully so far, I'm not sure why people think pathfinder is so much better, but my ci raider has 10k es and moves fast and hits hard. And I'm using fortify in my 6l and deaths door boots. And 170 es gloves. Still lots of room for improvement.

Hope this helps.

Have you done some framing on shaper yet? Because that's my goal for any char.

Got a 6 socket for 2 ex and self 6-link for 50 fus and finnaly got this with 5c.
It's not massive thing but it solved the colors. Should I try to make it better or stay?
That's a very nice chest for the ci version of this build. Getting those colours is NOT easy and 4 red 1 green 1 blue is perfect. Roll with that! I'm using fortify. Wed. Melee physical. Melee damage on full life (always up with ci). Cyclone and ele focus. Super strong. If you want crazy dps add in added fire for fortify.

I'm just about to start farming guardians and shaper. Given that people have been doing it with the life based version of this build, I'm expecting it to go very well as I'm about twice as strong as I was before swapping to ci. Will post feedback when I can.
in your passive (www.poeurl.com/6tN) you don't choose '' Bandits ''
last point on your build on lv 96?(this a long time) plase ask me or see my passive and fix it .
thank you (i'm so sorry for my language. i'm weak eng language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info