[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
EaterOfBabies wrote:
Thanks for the cool build. Still working my way to lvl 55 for the axe but Im curious how much of a damage drop off there is from a 5 socket axe vs a 6 socket. I'm dirt poor so a 5 socket is about the best I can do right now. Think I can hit mid tier maps with that and a rare amulet?

It starts crushing things the moment you equip it and put in support gems. Even a 4 socket will carry you into white maps and probably yellows. The Molten Burst is the cherry on top, you should still be doing respectable DPS with your Cyclone.

"
miasma23 wrote:
I debating using Kintsugi over Daresso, the evasion, life, less damage seem pretty sexy to me for this build. Do you think that 3 endurance charges and 6% dodge beat that? The onslaught may push me to your side, though i imagine it doesnt activate very often at all? Thoughts?

Good luck getting at least 4 reds on an evasion chest. The axe is already housing its supports so you're stuck with an evasion/armour or armour/energy chest at best or you risk going broke on chromes.

"
gøbbes wrote:
Hey, so totally new to this and I'm bad at theorycrafting and junk. Would anyone know if Poacher's Aim Viridian Jewel is a worthwhile jewel for this build? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Don't think pierce chance even does anything for Molten Strike's/Burst's balls. It's all about the AoE splash damage.

---------------
@Aggnog; Still leveling and haven't gotten to maps yet but I wanted to ask if you've thought of a mana variant? Herald of Ash + Blasphemy Temp Chains is a possibility. Build is really starved for INT so running a high level Enfeeble is not really doable. Then again, there's also the hexpoof map mod which maps it a hassle and the fact that Anger gives about as much of a DPS boost as HoA makes it inefficient.

Looks like the benefits of Blood Magic outweigh the benefits of reserving your mana. A bigger life pool (about 600 more life) and not worrying about mana issues due to Cyclone's massive cost per use.

Kinda answered my own question while I was writing it so I'll ask another. Probably comes down to personal preference but why don't you use Increased AoE/Conc. Effect over Added Fire in your Cyclone?

Edit: I like the idea of using a Warchief totem for tougher enemies instead of Vaal Cyclone for breaches, though I've never used Vaal Cyclone before.

Edit 2: Another idea would be to use one of your jewel slots to convert STR/DEX into INT with their respective unique jewel.
Last edited by ShiningMeow on Dec 14, 2016, 7:25:33 PM
What is a high level comparison to this vs a ranger cyclone with disfavor, or rare 2 hand? besides being pure fire dmg. Or even starforge.

on a basic level... is it more dps, more survivability etc? (explain like i am 5)

I like the idea of not going BM and using 1 mana flask, or more leech, with RT if you cyclone you should leech every second. So not a huge downside... I think
Last edited by morinr on Dec 14, 2016, 11:00:59 AM
What is default amount of Molten Burst projectiles?
"
forfun142857 wrote:
What is default amount of Molten Burst projectiles?

Three.
any recommendations for this build for hardcore?
Thank you for this build. Looks promising, I'm trying it out now - will post back.

Question: would you, if it's not too much trouble, add a small section with gear links that shows all the gems used?

Edit: I'd also like to see some example jewels (and perhaps an order of priority list).
Last edited by Chocoholic on Dec 15, 2016, 7:39:18 PM
"
Chocoholic wrote:
Edit: I'd also like to see some example jewels (and perhaps an order of priority list).

Came here to ask the same.

Fire Damage
Physical Damage / With Axes / With Two Handed
Attack Speed / Attack Speed with Axes
Area Damage
Melee Damage
Projectile Damage
Life %

What would be the ideal combination?

"
rhah wrote:
"
Chocoholic wrote:

Came here to ask the same.

Fire Damage
Physical Damage / With Axes / With Two Handed
Attack Speed / Attack Speed with Axes
Area Damage
Melee Damage
Projectile Damage
Life %

What would be the ideal combination?

This is typically what you want but I don't suggest looking for projectile damage unless its the 4th stat since it doesn't affect your cyclone at all.

I usually try to get life on 3prop jewels or 4prop 4damage mod jewels (life + 3 mods is really expensive).

You can also look for int or resists if you are lacking on gear.
I'm currently at looking into switching from Slayer to Raider. I have a Disfavour and Daresso's Salute right now on my character.

With some changes to the tree, think Disfavour will do just as well, if not better? Just curious if you think the raw DPS from Disfavour will be enough to out-damage the molten orbs, especially on bosses like Guardians and Shaper.
Just a few questions from a newcomer, if you dont mind.

- Some builds run Vaal Pact. Should this also? Its nice, close to Ranger and close to a jewell socket.
- Do we really need the Retribution Node?
- Skill points are scarce but, isn't nodes like the Two handed "Wrecking ball" worth? or its the damage enough?
- I see its T16 viable. I guess the shaper is also viable? Uber Atziri is too much?

Thanks, and forgive my noobery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info