[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
Evasion is not based on RNG. It's reliable and calculated.

So tell me, how is, lets say, 75% to evade not RNG? Or 15% to Dodge?
It's a roll for 1 or 0 to me. If you are unlucky that vaal smash gets the one and you might die, while with armor you would have survived.

I'm open to see a different stance on it, but thats my point of view on it. Sustained vs luck and just saying "no its not" wont convince me that i'm wrong.
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Dec 25, 2016, 6:19:11 PM
How do u get so much dps in tooltip?? i have a 5 link daresso 6 socket axe etc etc and only got 11k cyclone in town lol and molten burst is 3k
"
It's a roll for 1 or 0 to me.

Evasion isn't exactly like rolling a dice. Wiki explains it, but in short it guarantees you will not (and will) be hit a certain amount of times in succession.
"
DerPizzadieb wrote:
"

It's a roll for 1 or 0 to me. If you are unlucky that vaal smash gets the one and you might die, while with armor you would have survived.

I'm open to see a different stance on it, but thats my point of view on it. Sustained vs luck and just saying "no its not" wont convince me that i'm wrong.

Armour doesn't really save you from oneshots elemental damage that is the main problem on the high tier maps. You have to dodge vaal smashes and shit no matter what build you are playing.
Evasion provides you additional chance to survive if you've failed to dodge dangerous machanics. I'm playing this build and with all flasks popped up i have 21k evasion ~57% chance to evade, 75% dodge and smoke cloud which is another 50% chance to dodge. 0,43*0,25*0,5=0,05
5% chance to be hit is very nice, isn't it?
Twos question I have are why do you use added fire damage over ele focus on the axe? I gain a nice chunk of tooltip damage by swapping added fire for ele focus, is there any specific reason?

Also when it comes to both mapping and bossing, how much does cyclone actually do compared to the molten burst?
I'm fairly confident the majority of the damage comes from the molten burst procs so I was considering swapping out added fire damage and ele focus on my 5Link for cyclone with increased AoE and Fortify support. This brings my cyclone tooltip down from 81.5k to 41.2k though, so I'm not sure just how bad that damage loss is. It might just be flat out worse because it does weaken the life leech a LOT even with vaal pact.
"
DerPizzadieb wrote:
"

If you get hit by a vaal smash you die either way... Remember Etup his oneshot a few leagues ago with 13k ES or something.

Even high armour won't mitigate anything because the hit is too big (if you know how armour works at least).

With high evasion rating I think it's like 1 out of 4 hits that go through, I can't be asked to check the maths on the wiki. All I know is I barely ever get hit on my high evasion char (65k with flasks).

Oneshots will still be oneshots, for example volatiles or boss smashes (unless you can dodge/evade them - not volatiles -, while with armour you'd be dead for sure).
Hey, great build, having alot of succsess with it!

how would you feel about grabbing Vaal Pact? ( also getting 10+ int node and projectile speed + dmg on the way there )

If we specc out of primal spirit , it only costs 4 skill points.

Last edited by ziik on Dec 26, 2016, 8:14:03 AM
"
ziik wrote:
getting 10+ int node and projectile speed + dmg on the way there

Projectile speed modifiers do nothing for Molten Burst.
I have only 8 Frenzy Charges and not 9, how do you get the 9?
2 from passive skill tree, 1 from boots, 1 from ascendency and 1 from krait. gives 8
"
DonZaloog1 wrote:
I have only 8 Frenzy Charges and not 9, how do you get the 9?
2 from passive skill tree, 1 from boots, 1 from ascendency and 1 from krait. gives 8

I've got 3 from passive skill tree, 2 from boots, 1 from ascendancy and 1 from Krait for a total of 10. Getting amulet to corrupt into +1 frenzy gives 11. You need to either corrupt your boots or amulet if you wanna reach 9 without getting a 3rd one in your skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info