[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

I must be doing something wrong then. i run life leech gem but it's just so slow to fill up the globe.. it's due to missing vaal pact? i mean as far as i know one can only leech 20% at a time, so how does vaal pact help if either way i'm only getting 20% leech? i'm very confused.
"
lailaseth wrote:
I must be doing something wrong then. i run life leech gem but it's just so slow to fill up the globe.. it's due to missing vaal pact? i mean as far as i know one can only leech 20% at a time, so how does vaal pact help if either way i'm only getting 20% leech? i'm very confused.

Rather than restoring an amount of health over time, Vaal Pact makes the leech instant.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Pact

This will regain your life much faster.
"
lailaseth wrote:

Vaal pact helps a lot, but so does having a lot of ES, dmg is your last priority, I'd say. or if your gear isn't quite good dmg can be a problem. be sure to have some int on gear and to put brute force jewel in the socket near strength nodes on the tree.

EDIT: you'll have to invest if you wanna kill all end game bosses. As it was said before, this build is budget 'cause required uniques are cheap, but as every other build it needs to have some investment end game. we are talking 77+ lvl.
Last edited by dsimek11 on Dec 22, 2016, 2:09:43 PM
Hello there,

First of all, thanks Mathoddie for your detailled guide, very well made, and really nice to see that you're still trying to help everyone around coming on the thread :)

Thanks also to falagar112 to pointing out interesting suggestion !

My elementalist is my 2nd char this league, and my first real CI character (always prefered life char) that is aiming seriously for end game content.

I must say that I'm loving especially having a big ES pool with huge leech, in order to facetank everything I can ...
I decided to focus on ES on my items, so that was kind of hard (and expensive) to get where I am at the moment (13k ES).
I had to sacrifice my old helmet with the 150% fire golem enchant, to get a nice upgrade, so now I will have to manually enchant it from the lab, and I'm almost sure it will be long and painfull ...

I had only 1 concern with the build, my 2nd curse seemed useless as it was almost never up (the curse on hit one, as I was not hit very often). So my flammability debuff was never really there and I was thinking it was a lot of missing damage because of that. But that was BEFORE the 2.0 version ! :D
With orb of storms I'm now sure that I have my curse when I want it.
Also the swap from shapper of desolation to mastermind of discord seems more consistent and beneficial.

At the end I'm still waiting a few more levels (to get Celestial Judgement) before facing the real content : Uber Atziri, Guardians and my final goal ... Shapper :)

My gear that is probably going to be hard to upgrade now ...

Good luck fellow Whisperers ! :)
Last edited by Alio on Dec 22, 2016, 7:57:31 PM
So im doing pretty awesome atm about to hit 90 tonight and been crushing t-15 maps like nothing!
is my gear atm looking pretty darn good so far now its time to min max the int rolls on my gear and keep pushing for 98!
I like orbs
"
abandonctrl wrote:
So im doing pretty awesome atm about to hit 90 tonight and been crushing t-15 maps like nothing!
is my gear atm looking pretty darn good so far now its time to min max the int rolls on my gear and keep pushing for 98!

What's your dps with only golems up on your hideout? Mine is 5.4k - 6k (pendulum of destruction). And I managed to take down t15 collesium Daresso while I was level 80. But I feel like my DPS is low and still can improve even though I don't know how.
Last edited by Archybild on Dec 23, 2016, 3:44:49 AM
Hey uh...I haven't visited this thread in like a week, but...I can't seem to find what's changed since 2.0? Like I'm scanning through the front page and I don't see any mention of any changes. I have a guy that followed this build and he's level 85 now, but that was before 2.0

I wanna know what changed for 2.0 and how to adapt. Thanks

Edit: some additional questions...do we know for sure now whether or not shaper of desolation vs. mastermind of discord is a settled thing? or is it still preference?

We use 1 flame and 1 ice golem, correct? What about the flame golem helm enchant?

What if we have a level 3 enlighten? Could we do something funny like blasphemy-flammability-tempchains-discipline-enlighten in our 5l chest? Would we still be able to then run arctic armor?
Last edited by broseidon07 on Dec 23, 2016, 4:47:32 AM
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Hey uh...I haven't visited this thread in like a week, but...I can't seem to find what's changed since 2.0? Like I'm scanning through the front page and I don't see any mention of any changes. I have a guy that followed this build and he's level 85 now, but that was before 2.0

I wanna know what changed for 2.0 and how to adapt. Thanks

Edit: some additional questions...do we know for sure now whether or not shaper of desolation vs. mastermind of discord is a settled thing? or is it still preference?

We use 1 flame and 1 ice golem, correct? What about the flame golem helm enchant?

What if we have a level 3 enlighten? Could we do something funny like blasphemy-flammability-tempchains-discipline-enlighten in our 5l chest? Would we still be able to then run arctic armor?

Here are the 2.0 update:

"
Mathoddie wrote:
**Update 2.0!**

Hey Guys, I have been away for a while, and I have used all my time to theory craft lately and test random setups. A few things have been bugging me currently. A lot of people have been wanting to go mastermind (understandable), and there is the problem with boss shocking for shaper of desolation, yet if we go elemental focus we lose the celestial punishment bonus. Another issue was not proccing elemental overload enough (since my build and normal WI builds use controlled destruction, we sit around 5 % crit).
So I was wondering and thought a lot about this, and I came up with a simple solution.

Build Patch Notes 2.0

Skill tree
- Updated every current skill tree to work better for levelling.
- Changed Nullification for Written in blood to help with the Strength Issue
- Swapped Shaper of Desolation for Mastermind of Discord
- Removed some early ES in the low level skill trees

Gem Setup
- Changed Controlled Destruction for Elemental Focus
- Changed Ice nova for Orb of Storms
- Changed the 6th gem in chest for possible curse swap with a corrupted neck
- Swapped Vaal discipline since I never used it, with Vaal lightning Trap

Flasks
- Removed a quicksilver flask for Shock removal topaz flask, due to Esh breaches in higher maps causing stunlock if we got shocked with ball lightning (now we can freely tank them again)
- Updated Minotaur Flask use

Conclusion
With Vaal lightning trap we are now able to shock EVERYTHING (even bosses), unless they are immune to status alignments, and proc Celestial Punishment.
What we gain:
- 5 % more damage from Elemental focus swap with Controlled destruction.
- Double the uptime on Elemental overload (5.1 % crit to 10.2 %)
- Shock on all bosses! 3 traps with 8.84 second duration (perfect for 3 atziri split phases)
- 25 % fire penetration from Mastermind of Discord (without losing shock + celestial punishment, we lose a little damage from burn)
- We can proc mastermind of discord with vaal lightning trap and orb of storms

Flame golem helm enchant is still BiS, as written in the enchant section, and yes we are running 1 flame and 1 ice golem.

Running 2x blasphemy and disc with a level 3 enlighten gives us 96 % mana reserve (we currently have 95%) running AA in this would be impossible (+ would remove out current chest setup, where we can get an extra curse with a 6 link and +1 curse amulet).

Edit: Added an update section to the guide.

Anyway, I am off to another christmas dinner, and I wont be back untill the 25th, I will respond to everyone with questions soon enough. Thanks for your patience!
Last edited by Mathoddie on Dec 23, 2016, 8:00:28 AM
hiya at the minute building this i cant see or missed where you say what stats to look out for on ring/amulet am i guessing it is good to stack intell due to whispering ice? can you look at my profile see if it built it okay? i know i am missing intel on belt/helmet/boots/gloves? i have 942 intell i think i need more to boost my damage
Last edited by Anguskhan82 on Dec 23, 2016, 1:50:30 PM
I don't really get how the chest links work. Cast when Damage Taken + Ball lightning + Curse on Hit + Flammability(SC) + Orb of Storms on 5 link. So when you take damage does it cast both ball and orb? Do both ball and orb curse on hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info