Advice needed

Hi,

I'm not very experienced in the game and most of the time I leveled my characters wrong (I know there are builds to look up), because what I hate is when you have to decide for one skill the whole game, it makes me braindead.

And I hate things like beeing fragile, but I only like ranged attacks. Thats the reason why I always played a witch, but like I said, with different skills. And since the new patch is out, I can spend 94 points now on my witch, any recommendations how to spend?

It was a lightning cold witch before that. I also have a scion with 47 free points, thought of something new, skills which look interesting: Blade Flurry, Ice Shot, Ethernal Knives, Frost Blades, Kinetic Blast, but there is the fact that you have to decide for one skill.

Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 5:41:54 AM
If you have some currency to get some decent gear for it, then try out icestorm. It is bound to the unique staff "The Whispering Ice", one of my all time favourite unique. The skill cannot beleveled, but scales completely based on intelligence. 1-3 base cold damage per 10 int, base duration is 1.5 seconds, +0.15 seconds per 100 int. The staff itself grants cast speed, % increased int and 1% increased spell damage per 10 int.
It is quite similar to firestorm, but it also creates chilled ground.
You also don't need to look for linked sockets since all support gems in it automatically support icestorm. Thus for icestorm it's practically a 7l weapon.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

You also don't need to look for linked sockets since all support gems in it automatically support icestorm. Thus for icestorm it's practically a 7l weapon.

hold on, so if this is true you can have 3 6Ls in this build? given that you have 6l staff?
"
AintCare wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

hold on, so if this is true you can have 3 6Ls in this build? given that you have 6l staff?
In theory yes. Though most people prefer using 6 support gems for icestorm.
"
Hi,

I'm not very experienced in the game and most of the time I leveled my characters wrong (I know there are builds to look up), because what I hate is when you have to decide for one skill the whole game, it makes me braindead.

And I hate things like beeing fragile, but I only like ranged attacks. Thats the reason why I always played a witch, but like I said, with different skills. And since the new patch is out, I can spend 94 points now on my witch, any recommendations how to spend?

It was a lightning cold witch before that. I also have a scion with 47 free points, thought of something new, skills which look interesting: Blade Flurry, Ice Shot, Ethernal Knives, Frost Blades, Kinetic Blast, but there is the fact that you have to decide for one skill.

I'd recommend Kinetic Blast, I haven't used it myself but I've seen it in action and it seems pretty decent.
Otherwise just go Blade Flurry, it seems a solid skill and since it requires a mix of dexterity and intelligence both the Witch and Scion could handle it well enough.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
So you want a build that uses multiple skills at the same time?

There are many skills that are intented to be paired with somethign else or simply work good this way:

- Frost Bomb + cold dmg skill
- Scorching Ray + fire dmg skill
- Orb of Storm + fast lightning dmg skill
- Frostbolt + Vortex / Ice nova
- Chaos skills: Essence Drain / Contagion / Abyssal Cry / Wither / Blight (pick any combination that suit you)

Following ascendancies empower the idea of multiple skills at once:

- Elementalist (use many elemental skills for huge resistance penetration)
- Inquisitor (attacking and casting spells at the same time gives benefits)
- Hierophant (you can use totems and self cast skills, you get mini +1 socket for boots, gloves and helm)

Additionaly, Trickster and Occultist work great with Chaos skills, which love to be paired with each other.

There are also hybrid items, The Scourge comes to mind if you want to pair minions with casting damaging spells.
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Dec 9, 2016, 5:28:11 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Otherwise just go Blade Flurry, it seems a solid skill and since it requires a mix of dexterity and intelligence.

Despite this, no matter how strange this may sound, a trained monkey can use it.

"
Turbodevil wrote:
- Chaos skills: Essence Drain / Contagion / Abyssal Cry / Wither / Blight (pick any combination that suit you)

Though I'd recommend an inexperienced player to stay well away from Blight, too much work for the bang it provides. ED-Contagion are indeed very nice though Abyssal is an overkill in that scenario and even hinders the Contagion spread somewhat.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 9, 2016, 5:33:22 AM
If you ABSOLUTELY hate using only one skill, go for an elemental equilibrium elementalist. You can even take it a step further and use clayshaper as a weapon to get all 3 elemental golems. That way you'll also get: crit, accuracy, damage, attack speed and cast speed.
Elemental equilibrium can be lots of fun, but it's not as straightforward to build around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info