XHUL FILTER 3.11.C

Thanks for letting me know that Opera isn't affected, that should help a bit =]
I still don't know if :
> Firefox automatically considers unusual file extensions as malicious.
OR
> TinyUpload got a report by somebody (not funny), and such flag is then interpreted by Firefox.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
can't download from chrome too.....
Using a different file hoster now.
No problems downloading with Firefox, and i assume it should work with all browsers.
Enjoy =]
I tested your filter yesterday in yellow and red maps and i must say you have done a good job with it. It was a pleasure to use.

Now to my feedback:
Orbs like alchs and lower divination cards like the gambler could use a better drop sound (Important to catch drops off screen expecially in this clear speed meta where players in a party are five screens away killing stuff)

I don't know what type of rare items are displayed and how it's done but i saw some rare staves. Do people pick those up? For what build are they used? Two handers take a lot of space. What is the reasoning here for which rare items to show?

Hubris circlets and other good bases for energy shield should probably be displayed but maybe that's just me. Are crafting bases like opal rings and crystal belts displayed by the filter?

I caught lether belts and sorcerer boots as chance orb bases. That's enough for me.

6 sockets, high maps, decent orbs and other valuables could use bigger labels but that is personal perference i guess.

I'd definitely use this filter again. Just need to know what exacly is displayed and what is not. In the meantime i'll be having a look with notepad+

That's all i have for now. Thanks

Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 1, 2017, 3:12:46 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I tested your filter yesterday in yellow and red maps and i must say you have done a good job with it. It was a pleasure to use.

Glad you enjoy it =]

"
kompaniet wrote:
Orbs like alchs and lower divination cards like the gambler could use a better drop sound (Important to catch drops off screen expecially in this clear speed meta where players in a party are five screens away killing stuff)

About alchs :
It is currently in the "average" category (border + no sound).
Think of that category as "grab it if you're near and/or fast enough".
According to its average trade value, and the xp you would lose to go 1-2 screens away for it, i thought it wasn't enough to fit the "high" category (background + sound).
But yeah, if there was a category between "average" & "high", it would have been in it.
About The Gambler :
"average" category aswell.
Not really worth doing a big backtrack in a fast party, according to the average outcome such card provides.

"
kompaniet wrote:
I don't know what type of rare items are displayed and how it's done but i saw some rare staves. Do people pick those up? For what build are they used? Two handers take a lot of space. What is the reasoning here for which rare items to show?

In the "default" filter, yellow items (text only + no sound) are top bases.
It includes absolutely all bases that provide a property at its maximum value.
It is definitely not based on the current meta at all, because the meta isn't static, but also because some people actually play unusual builds.
That category is kind of "grab what you need", can be high trade value and/or gear upgrade.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Hubris circlets and other good bases for energy shield should probably be displayed but maybe that's just me. Are crafting bases like opal rings and crystal belts displayed by the filter?

Hubris are actually displayed, aswell as any piece of equipement that provides the best ES value ("top bases" category).
Opals & Crystals are also displayed, but they fall in the "restricted bases" category.
That category basically includes all bases that can't drop anywhere.
You won't miss those (background + sound).

"
kompaniet wrote:
I caught lether belts and sorcerer boots as chance orb bases. That's enough for me.

Definitely no need to waste chances on anything else, i totally agree.
I personaly only grab belts when nemesis is available, and boots when it's not.

"
kompaniet wrote:
6 sockets, high maps, decent orbs and other valuables could use bigger labels but that is personal perference i guess.

Font size is something i didn't rely on too much, for sure.
If we had a wider available font size range, i definitely would have played with it.
6 sockets, high orbs, and red maps all have a solid background + sound effect, hard to miss.

"
kompaniet wrote:
I'd definitely use this filter again. Just need to know what exacly is displayed and what is not. In the meantime i'll be having a look with notepad+

It's funny, cause i was highly thinking of adding some precisions in my first post.
You just confirmed it's actually required, thanks.
I'll reformat the post in the days to come, including spoilers with bases.

"
kompaniet wrote:
That's all i have for now. Thanks

That's already a lot !
FAT thanks for your time, dude, much appreciated =]
Last edited by xhul on Jan 1, 2017, 5:55:11 PM
Are you planning on adding some crafting bases ilvl 84+ hubris circlets, sorcerer gloves, sorcerer boots, vaal regalias? Maybe some more interesting crafting bases i am unaware of.

I don't find anything when i search for jewels in the filter. But they are showing up regardless i assume.

I edited this block:

Show # magic - top mana flasks

Rarity Magic
Class Mana
BaseType "Eternal Mana Flask" "Divine Mana Flask"

It was Sanctified mana flask. I think the divine one is better.

Sometimes i wanna do some crafting after saving up a decent amount of essences. Where in the filter do i add white base items to show for essence crafting? Can you add a section in the filter so we know where to add the items without breaking the filter? That'd be sweet.

Another thing on the wishlist is showing gavels, stonehammers and rockbreakers for chisels? Can you show where to add those?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 2, 2017, 5:23:29 PM
Hello again =]

About crafting bases :
I'm afraid item level isn't a factor in my filter at all (except ilvl100), for many reasons.
Like i stated in my introduction, this filter isn't really recommended for advanced crafting.

About jewels :
Only rare ones are displayed by the filter.
Like all rare bases that are 1 slot height, those are displayed using yellow text+border.

About mana flasks :
mana/sip > sanctified wins
mana/flask > eternal wins
mana/charge > eternal wins
mana/second > eternal wins
Feel free to let me know if you see something that divines do better than any other flask.

About specific white bases & chisel materials, i'll let you know in like 2-3 hours, i'm at work right now, and i don't have the filter on my hands.

Also, i almost finished the reformatting of the original post, you guyz should see a bit clearer =]

EDIT : kompaniet, i'm preparing an update for later today, including some stuff that should help you =]
Last edited by xhul on Jan 3, 2017, 2:57:16 AM
2.5.1.1 CHANGES

# GEMS - quality distributed differently (1>10,11>20,21>23)
# MAGIC - all warband classes now supported
# RARE - small bases now just 1 slot
# new : 1+ white sockets (NORMAL|MAGIC|RARE|UNIQUE)
# new : NORMAL - chisel bases
# new : customization blocks

#####

message for kompaniet :

Sorry for the delay =P
Ok, so, as promised, i added several spoilers in my first post, so you can check which item bases fall in which category.
Hammers for the chisel recipe are now supported aswell.
I also added some ready-to-use custom blocks, like you suggested.
Here are the strings to search in your text editor :

unique - custom big background
unique - custom background
unique - custom border
normal - custom big background
normal - custom background
normal - custom border
normal - custom text
magic - custom big background
magic - custom background
magic - custom border
magic - custom text
rare - custom big background
rare - custom background
rare - custom border
rare - custom text

Once you have found the block you were looking for, all you have to do is replace "..." by your desired condition(s), and then enable the block (by removing all '#' at the begining of each line in the block).
Let me know if you encounter some problems, i'll be happy to guide you.
Love =]
Last edited by xhul on Jan 4, 2017, 3:29:48 AM
Excellent that's exacly what i wanted.

On line 668 i did the following.

Show # magic - custom border

Rarity Magic
BaseType "Hubris Circlet" "Vaal Regalia" "Sorcerer Gloves" "Titanium Spirit Shield"

SetTextColor 127 127 255
SetBorderColor 127 127 255

That should do the trick i suppose.

How do i add blue jewels in the filter if i want to see those? Is it in the same block here? Basetype Jewel?

"
MAGIC - all warband classes now supported | RARE - small bases now just 1 slot

What do you mean by this? Can you explain it better?

I like how you have kept everything clean and simple. Thanks for the update.

Edit: These were hidden in a shore map. Had to press Z to see them.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 4, 2017, 1:24:17 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Excellent that's exacly what i wanted.

On line 668 i did the following.

Show # magic - custom border

Rarity Magic
BaseType "Hubris Circlet" "Vaal Regalia" "Sorcerer Gloves" "Titanium Spirit Shield"

SetTextColor 127 127 255

That should do the trick i suppose.

Yes, such magic bases will then be displayed using text+border.
I suppose you intend to see those for crafting.
If that's the case, you can even add a "Corrupted False" condition if you want to filter a little bit more.

"
kompaniet wrote:
How do i add blue jewels in the filter if i want to see those? Is it in the same block here? Basetype Jewel?

If you want to see absolutely all magic jewels (all bases, cobalt, crimson, viridian), it's better to use a Class condition instead.
Assuming you also want to display them with a border, just create a new block after the first :

Show # magic - custom border jewels

Rarity Magic
Corrupted False
Class Jewel

SetTextColor 127 127 255

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
MAGIC - all warband classes now supported | RARE - small bases now just 1 slot

What do you mean by this? Can you explain it better?

# MAGIC - all warband classes now supported :
Items with a warband affixe are identified blue items that can drop from warband mobs.
Before this update, only identified helms & boots were displayed, because those are the classes that can have the most desirable mods.
But i decided to include the other classes aswell, even if the warband mods on those aren't as good.
Technically, the filter now shows all identified magic weapons, helms, gloves, and boots.
# RARE - small bases now just 1 slot :
That setup is there to quickly identify rare items that don't take much inventory space, and that are worth picking up, most of the time.
Before this update, the filter automatically displayed all rare items with a height of 1 using a border (belts,amulets,jewels,rings).
This update restricts small items to 1x1 slots, meaning that belts were removed from that category.
Belts are now included in the "top bases" category (text only, no border).

"
kompaniet wrote:
I like how you have kept everything clean and simple. Thanks for the update.

Love =]

"
kompaniet wrote:
Edit: These were hidden in a shore map. Had to press Z to see them.

By default, the filter only displays rare restricted bases (not normal or magic).
You'll have to use a custom block in the normal section for that.
Sorry bout that, but again, the filter isn't focussed on crafting material too much, for several reasons.
Last edited by xhul on Jan 4, 2017, 2:45:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info