IS RNG really that BAD?

Yes GGG please give us a guarantee for the best equipment in the game if we play 10+ hrs every day or after we spend x currency, if you don't the game is not fair :(

// There might be sarcasm in this post.
"
gnats255 wrote:
Yes GGG please give us a guarantee for the best equipment in the game if we play 10+ hrs every day or after we spend x currency, if you don't the game is not fair :(

// There might be sarcasm in this post.

Similarly, I could say the same thing.

Dear GGG please give us best equipment in the game without us doing anything or give us some mirrors or exalted just by killing some random mobs because i am so poor and weak if I play so little and i cannot compete with those dedicated players so please make this happen.

Also, please make sure the loot drop better for casual players and loot worse for dedicated players. There should NOT be this rule : the longer they play, the better the loot become. The loot should only be better if i play lesser so that I can win this game easy ; )

// There IS sarcasm in this post.
There is no random, only a lack of repetitions to normalize the results.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I will not argue with someone who thinks that money should rain from the sky without spending any effort and also thinks that it is justifiable.

When I said "SHOULD"?...

Dude, you have a very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension.

My sayings about RNG are not my opinion, they are not my personal opinion, therefore you should exclude the "should" from the equation. What I said is a real fact, not an opinion.

Well, you have shown that you don't deserve more time. Bye :)
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I will not argue with someone who thinks that money should rain from the sky without spending any effort and also thinks that it is justifiable.

When I said "SHOULD"?...

Dude, you have a very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension.

My sayings about RNG are not my opinion, they are not my personal opinion, therefore you should exclude the "should" from the equation. What I said is a real fact, not an opinion.

Well, you have shown that you don't deserve more time. Bye :)

"
Actkqk wrote:
RNG is neither good nor bad, is just RNG... You can have a level 5 character with an exalted drop or you can have a level 95 character who has never been drop an exalted, and that is in both cases perfectly normal...

EDIT: oh, and in this game there is no something like "reward system", all is just RNG.

Dude, you ARE the one with very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension. Maybe you ran out of any constructive arguments and accusing someone else to change the topic so as to cover up your embarrassment.

"RNG is neither good nor bad" is YOUR OWN PERSONAL opinion and not a FACT. Why don't you ask some level 95 guy who has never found an exalted drop before whether "RNG is neither good nor bad"?
Whatever his answers are, it is still his own opinion.

Can you prove "RNG is neither good nor bad" ? Can you verify it?

YOU CANNOT.

Thus, it is your OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

Dude, you ARE the one with very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension.

EDIT: Oh, you seemed to have some serious trouble understanding analogy examples too.
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 9, 2016, 3:33:58 AM
Last league I had 3 chars: lvl 79,83,86 with 0 exalted drops
This league I had a lvl 66 char on day 6 with 2 exalted drops.
go figure
this post is completely pointless, if you set up trading, not necessarily even flipping items, just trading away your rares and somewhat valuable uniques and go for some kind of boss farming, the exalts you drop make up only a tiny amount of the currency you generate. The drops are based on luck, what you do with them on the other hand is your prerogative.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Can you prove "RNG is neither good nor bad" ? Can you verify it?

YOU CANNOT.

Thus, it is your OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

Dude, you ARE the one with very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension.

EDIT: Oh, you seemed to have some serious trouble understanding analogy examples too.

Actually, you already proved it in your first post. Some low level guy got a head hunter belt, you don't even have one single exalt.
So, to the proud owner of the headhunter, RNG has been good.
To you it has been bad.
In sum, it's neither, it's just RNG.

And since RNG rules this game, there is no "reward system" as such. The longer you play, the higher the chance that an exalted drops (and I would assume the majority of exalts drops on maps, because there are more monsters there and all in all you spend more time there - which Ziz (see quote somewhere above) called "spinning the wheel more often".

So in the end you WILL get your rewards by playing longer; this does not prevent RNG (or luck, fate, whatever) to throw the odd Exalted or Mirror at some people who just started playing.

Sometimes all people are a bit slow on the uptake. Calm down, think over the points of the people who equate PoE to a lottery and you'll see they're right.

As for Grinding Gear Games - take a look at the logo. Three gears (cog wheels), grinding against each other. A pun may be intended - and as has been said before, grind long enough, and the gear will follow (you might be more lucky grinding out your gear if you farm divination cards).

Have a nice day.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Yeah also stop being so aggressive man
"
Phrazz wrote:

And, if I can get an Exalt drop from Hillock, while you grind for 100 hours to get one, isn't the game more on the "gambling" side than the "grinding" side?

But why should you do this?

An Exalt is not the big lottery win. Go and farm Dried Lake for 100 hours and use the Chaos Recipe and you will have your Exalt's worth in Chaos Orbs - probably multiple times. It's still RNG, but with much better chances and less variations, making it just a grind.

The only exception where this wouldn't make sense, is when you don't trade at all. Then an Exalt is exactly just an Exalt and nothing else.

So far, I'm getting one Exalt every ~200hours of Gameplay. No idea if this is good or bad or simply doesn't matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info