Tattoo question! Inner side of arm dilemma :(

Hello Exiles!

Soon i will be getting my first tattoo. But i started wondering about the right way to "place it".
It will be on inner side of arm, from elbow to wrist. It will be an animal.
BUT, should i go down or up?

From my point of view, head should be near the wrist and feet at elbow, since i will be looking and seeing all the time. Also, if i wave to a person, it will look good, since head will be where the wrist is.

Yet if i talk to a person, and they look at mine inner side of arm, they might see it weird, since they will see it upside down.

Anyone has any experience with it?
Last edited by WiseGuard on Dec 8, 2016, 6:04:20 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 6:01:18 PM
Kind of weird placement for an animal tattoo... but it depends on what kind of animal you're getting, and how dynamic/static the pose is going to be. A panther in an action pose has a different feel from a perched owl.

I've seen a multitude of human pin-up style tattoos, and they tend to go head towards the elbow, unless it's in a really weird pose. Yeah, it'll be weird when you wave, but with arms down, or laid horizontal, it will be very readable.

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
I think you are approaching it backwards. You should find what message you want to convey first, and then determine what tattoo would match that.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Its a bear. Something like this:

Yesterday, after some heavy googling, i found out its called "forearm" :D And its a heated debate if its right to place tattoo upside down to the "audience".

Now that i think of, it kinda makes sense to face it the right way.
Hey Exile,

I have a Tattoo on my forearm and its faced to be "readable" if my arm hangs down. So "facing the audiece" would be my personal prefered way.

In the end, you have to decide what looks good for yourself. :)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Plummeting Ursa!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

Pretty cool bear. I would definitely do him head towards the elbow if you're going by that photo.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
imo choose a different spot for first tattoo

anything is everything
Thanks everyone!

"
Manocean wrote:
imo choose a different spot for first tattoo

Why so? Is it because of "what people will think"?
If yes - i have diabetes and i stab myself publicly with needle when needed, i think ill survive.
Or is it because of some other reason?
I know nothing about tattooing, but here's my opinion.

1.) Put it somewhere else, preferably where it can be still covered by a T-shirt. You might not care now, but it could be a problem in the future (say you try to apply for a job and get rejected because of visible tattoos). Think long-term.

2.) A bear form will not look great on a forearm, imo. Tattoos that cross your arm circumference or run along its length, create a better composition, than a bulky spot sitting there. Unless your forearm is very fit & bulky itself (like Popeye's ;).

A sitting bear would fit better on your deltoid muscle (shoulder side) or pectoral muscle.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
How about not getting any tattoo. So many people on you tube laser them off.

If it's your first, no need to start.

My comment might not be what you expected, but at least you get a different side of things. Always best this way.
Last edited by Warmey on Dec 11, 2016, 3:08:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info