Awesome new animate guardian options???

Was scrolling through the list of new uniques and realized there's a lot of new options for both utility and even some potentially viable dps set ups for animate guardian.

Some items that are worth considering:

The brine crown- Helm with 15% chance to create chilled ground when hit with and attack.

The anticipation - Shield that adds 6% block chance and permanently intimidates enemies on block. Could be some nice synergy with Zahndethus' Cassock, which creates consecrated ground on block.

There are various two handed that could actually be damage viable as well...

Ngamahu's flame- Reasonable dps with a 20% chance to attack with level 16 molten burst on hit

Kitava's Feast- Good dps, enemies you hit are destroyed on kill. ( not exactly sure what this one means but it sounds good, please fill me in lol)

Uul-Netol's embrace- attack cause bleed. Attack with level 20 bone nova when you kill a bleeding enemy. ( again not sure what bone nova is but could be cool. I'm running a phy/poison golem build this league and if bone nova is both decent and phy dmg could be something to consider for me)

Finally, The Surrender- This is the one I am currently most interested in. Equipping it grants level 30 reckoning skill, block% and some nice other on block features. Again it has the synergy with Zahndethus' Cassock which i would likely use. The big question is whether or not the reckoning skill would work with animate guard. I assume it would? With this we could use a strong phy dps one hander and have a really nice aoe'ish killing machine. Possibly arakaali's fang. Again I dont know what level 1 spiders are but I think I like them. Either way it has great phy damage and bonus chaos damage which would scale perfect with poison.

Love the idea of animate guardian being used differently and to possibly skip zombies and 4 linking a guardian set up.

Just some thoughts. I'm sure I missed some other options, let me know what you think.
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2016, 2:52:11 PM
Apparently no one thinks its awesome except me :(

Doesn't work either way for some reason. Bought a Ngamahu's flame and the molten burst wont proc. The dream is dead.
"
WaterWii wrote:
Apparently no one thinks its awesome except me :(

Doesn't work either way for some reason. Bought a Ngamahu's flame and the molten burst wont proc. The dream is dead.

that sucks
Considering that socketed gems don't work with animate guardian I doubt uniques that cast gem skills will work with the guardian either.

Bone Nova is a skill used by Burtok, Conjurer of Bones (Giant Bonestalker) from Necropolis Map.
It deals pure Physical Damage Over Time.
Last edited by XerxezBreak on Dec 8, 2016, 11:43:40 PM
Why do these on hit effects not work, yet Asenath's gentle touch ( which states curses enemies with temporal chains on hit) correctly apply their curse when equipped by the guardian. I don't get the difference. They are both on hit skill effects.
"
WaterWii wrote:
Why do these on hit effects not work, yet Asenath's gentle touch ( which states curses enemies with temporal chains on hit) correctly apply their curse when equipped by the guardian. I don't get the difference. They are both on hit skill effects.

My guess is, one CASTS a skill, and one simply causes an effect. We often look at curses as a skill, because when WE use them, we ARE casting a skill. Doing it on hit, however, seems to be more like poison, in practice. Applying a debuff is something the Guardian can do. Casting a skill is NOT something it can do.

Just my thoughts.

GGG does seem to have a lot of things that are programmed like other things, rather than separately. If you look, traps seem to be set up like very short duration totems, in some ways.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
WaterWii wrote:

My guess is, one CASTS a skill, and one simply causes an effect. We often look at curses as a skill, because when WE use them, we ARE casting a skill. Doing it on hit, however, seems to be more like poison, in practice. Applying a debuff is something the Guardian can do. Casting a skill is NOT something it can do.

Just my thoughts.

GGG does seem to have a lot of things that are programmed like other things, rather than separately. If you look, traps seem to be set up like very short duration totems, in some ways.

Interesting, thanks for the response.

Pretty disappointing though.
Last edited by WaterWii on Dec 13, 2016, 2:52:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info