[2.5] Ele Crit Lacerate Bezerker (Tanky, Cheap, Good Clear)

INTRODUCTION

Wanted to make a dual-wielding berzerker with vaal pact, decided on going crit ele for cheaper gear.

VIDEO

New Video! Quick Coves Run as Lacerate
Few videos I made while lagging badly. Good videos will be up once I get later maps.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzRRhb6So4&list=PLgLTMX5Euz2ND3HC7LXk7uTho7csu5dUU

OVERVIEW

Pros:

- Nearly instant life gain with Berzerker + VP and decently high defenses (can opt for more defensive route).
- Decent damage with frenzy/power charges and high crit multi.
- Cheaper to build than phys/poison crit blade flurry
- Basically immune to reflect
- Not a blade flurry build
- Easy charge generation in Breach.
-Laggy? No problem, just hold right click and you'll probably be fine! Few vids I made while I was lagging pretty badly, still fine (low tier though). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzRRhb6So4&list=PLgLTMX5Euz2ND3HC7LXk7uTho7csu5dUU

Cons:

- Not as much damage as blade flurry
- Not as quick as a cospris build

SKILL TREE

Marauder - Berzerker

Optimal Skill Tree

Ascendancy Points: Pain Reaver->Cloaked in Savagery->Crave the Slaughter->Aspect of Carnage
You can go for Aspect of Carnage first if you want the DPS before survivability

Bandits:Oak/Kraitlyn/Power Charge(or Frenzy/Kill All)

LEVELING TREES

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

Went for Vaal Pact for Berzerker's Cloaked in Savagery synergy. So long as you don't get one shot you will leech everything back. Survived many close calls in Breach.
Chose Arrow Dancing with this because evading melee attacks isn't that necessary since you can leech off nearby mobs, but this helps against far away mobs that one-shot you before you can jump on them and leech.
Grabbed Acrobatics for some dodge, loses about 4% block chance. Since I go Belly I don't really have that much armor anyways, using endurance charges instead.

JEWELS

Have yet to get late-game jewels yet. Best mods are: %Maximum life, crit chance while dual-wielding, melee damage, crit multi, and elemental(fire/cold) damage. Lategame you WILL need jewels

SCREENSHOTS

SKILL DPS

Tentative

DEFENSE

**Put your defense screenshot here**

GEAR
Spoiler

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

You want a high edps one-hander (you can go claw or dagger, just make sure you grab the respective crit nodes). More attack speed means better boss killing, but using a 4L warchief for bossing works if you'd prefer more crit on your main setup.

Off-Hand

My personal choice in dual-wield builds: a Essence of Horror-enchanted sceptre for the 16% chance to gain a charge. When used in Breach, this allows for easily sustaining charges, without needing to use warlords/assassin's mark/poachers.

Helm

Standard life/res helm. Would prefer Rat's Nest.

Chest

Life life life. More life means you can tank harder hits, which you just insta-leech from.

Gloves

You want life, res, added elemental damage. Could go maligaros, but you want certain breach rings that won't have a lot of res. Would not recommend facebreakers.

Boots

life/res/movement speed.

Amulet
You want WED, life, res, and INT!

Rings
Double Breach Rings with WED, life, res, preferably with crit/added ele damage.

Belt
life, res

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup

Lacerate + WED + Multistrike + Added Lightning/Cold + Increased AOE (Can use Conc for bosses)

WED is a must. Added ele damage helps scale our WED. Multstrike for attack spamming.

4L Warchief for Bosses/Rares

Ancestral Warchief + WED + Elemental Focus + Faster Attacks/(or other supports)

Great for killing bosses/rares.

CWDT Setup

CWDT-Summon Ice Golem
CWDT-Immortal Call-Inc Duration+Vaal Haste

Ice golem and Ele weakness for more damage. IC + Inc Duration for survivability.

Mobility Setup

Whirling Blades-Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify

Like to use whirling for dodging, but use leap slam for easier mapping. Can swap in vaal haste.

Aura Setup

Anger
Herald of Ice + Inc AoE + Ele Weakness
More base ele damage for WED scaling. Ele Weakness for bosses.

Golem
Ice Golem-CWDT
See above.
Vaal Breach
Vaal Breach for easy charge generation and mobs to leech off of. Also Vaal Lightning trap for rares/bosses.

LEVELING

As soon as you hit level 28, buy a cheap ele weapon and blade flurry, and you can level as the character! I'm still advancing myself, so yet to fully flesh out this build. I'm hoping for more charges as well as more crit/crit multi, and perhaps more tankiness/life.
Leveling with an elreon ring/ammy is almost necessary for ease. Move into a tabula when able.
Spoiler

THE END

Last edited by taigahalla on Dec 10, 2016, 8:29:10 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 10:53:57 PM
Can`t open skill tree,bad link.
Ah, fixed.

Also slowly realizing my build isn't nearly as good as the crit poison version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info