[2.5] 1/23 One Level Character 'OCL' Marauder

1/23 One Level Character 'OLC' Marauder

Concept:
A level 1 who has atleast 21 passives spent (21-24, based on the Bandits) and is Ascended. Essentially a level 23 character trapped in a level 1's body. I have all this level 0 gear that looks amazing, so how strong can a level 1 get?
Will it even let me de-level below the highest difficulty I am in?
The reason this works is because we get bonus skill books such as from Piety, giving us +2 points to spend, these now let us have more points beyond our level.

History:
In 2.2.2b, the Book of Regression was released. I instantly thought of this idea. But I was (and still am) poor so I didn't feel like wasting a lot of my Scourings. 2.5 has since rolled out and I have spent a grand total of 1 Scouring between those 2 versions, so I decided why not put the currency to use.
Unavailable

Now the issue was to choose what base. All characters can do this fun little build. There's level 0 unique/rare claws, traps, bows, staffs, wands, etc. I chose a Marauder because I happened to have all the gear already AND it was close to "Resolute Technique" AND they can get a lot of life.

Pros:
- Funny, people just don't expect it.
- Cheap, most things cost less than 2 chaos
- Easy, don't have to worry about support gems
- Impressive, a level 1 killing level 15-35's!
- Fun, it is.
- Bada$$, a level 1 killing level 15-35's!!

Cons:
- Not as great as I expected. Melee in POE is pretty bad against ranged/aoe.
- Bad against range and aoe.
- Did I mention it's bad against range and aoe? Unless you get the first hit and they don't panic.
- Potions... Health potions are close to pointless. You'll need mana potions.
- Poor mana

Now for the build:

My Stats:
Spoiler

Skills:
Spoiler
I get about 500-1000 DPS based on when my Ascendancy buffs kick in, and what skills I'm using.
There are no level 1 support gems (atleast useful ones for melee Marauder), so sockets/links/support are nothing to worry about.

* Heavy Strike: You'll be doing a lot of damage, so the damage boost from HS will be great. The stun is also a great bonus.
* Double Strike: Weak but fast, but also has 2 chances to hit. If someone has high evasion/dodge, you might miss them with a single attack, but this gives 2 chances.
* Dual Strike: The highest damage attack, but no bonuses like Stun.
* Cleave: Handy for dealing with minions, but the lowest damage.

Leveling:
Spoiler
- Play the game normally, up to level 35. Do NOT go past level 35. You can, but you'll waste gems. Level 35 is the minimum level to enter Merciless.
- DO NOT spend more than 24 passives, decide what Bandits you are going to accept for the max number of passives, ideally 23 due to Oak or Alira having a great bonus in Normal.
- When leveling, you can do areas +/- 4 from your level and still get 100% exp, so don't stress out your character too much by going on the high end.
- Areas like: Ledge (act1) Broken Bridge (act2) Docks (act3) Dried Lake (act4) are good leveling areas.
- ***IMPORTANT*** COLLECT EVERY BONUS PASSIVE SKILL POINT
There's 7 per difficulty * 3 difficulties = 24-Any Bandits you saved
Act1 +2: Dweller, Allflame
Act2 +1: Bandits
Act3 +3: The way forward, Piety
Act4 +1: Spirit

These bonus skills are what makes this possible!

Bandits:
Normal: Help oak (the bonus life helps)
Cruel: Kill all (+1 passive)
Merciless: Kill all (+1 passive)

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Berserker
- Rite of Ruin
and then:
- Crave the Slaughter & Aspect of Carnage
OR
- Pain Reaver Cloaked in Savagery

I chose "CTS & AoC" over "PR & CiS" because I wanted higher damage + speed.
If you go for leach (PR & CiS), you'll be sacrificing about 300-500 DPS, but you shouldn't have mana issues. (I am too poor to test this out). But the 5-300 mana+life leech could be quite useful.

De-Leveling:
Once you are ascended (6 points, 8 if you're daring with uberlab) and have all 21-24 of your passives spent, you now need to craft a bunch of Book of Regression's (1 scouring + 1 scroll of wisdom, sell to a vendor). You'll need atleast 34. Your inventory can only hold 10 at a time.
craft 10 of them and find a busy town (act 3 or 4, usually). Get everyone's attention and spam those books. People will look on in awe as you de-level and a buttload of light beams strike you.
Repeat until level 1.
If you cannot get to level 1, you spent too many passives, time to use some Orb of Regrets.

Tree:

Gear:
Obviously +quality gems are best, but not required. I went for a balance of life+damage. The helmet also makes me unstunable but I also get hit by everything, which sucks. But since I'm only level 1, I'd be hit by 99.745% of everything from a 15+ person anyways, so meh. The reflect in the armor is useless.

Main gear:
Spoiler

jewelry:
Spoiler

potions:
Spoiler

misc/alternatives:
Spoiler

rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Feb 16, 2017, 11:49:07 AM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2017, 5:11:37 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Edit:
Should this be moved to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/pvp-discussion? it's mostly for LLD PvP, but could be used for helping people.
rawr. fear me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info