Amount of health

It's been a while since I got a pure health character to even mapping level, let alone end game. So I'm curious what people find is a good amount to be at these days. At 71 I currently have a little over 3k, though I have only just recently staryed actually looking for health gear. And all my passives right now are going to health as well. My original goal was to hit something around 5k. Is that still a relativly decent level?

I should also mention that I'm a Juggernaut, and with endurance charges my DR is capped at 90%.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
If your on SC your ok to run 5-6k area and be pretty comfortable, you might get caught out occasionally and die but more generally isn't worth the inefficiency it brings on the tree.

for HC you need way more, but playing HC is like poking your eyes out as life anyway as you'd basically make your build use a belly or a kaoms from the start.

Edit: Juggs are pretty close to phys immune, or they reduce it so much that their EHP for phys is enormous either way you don't need that much hp as long as your only taking physical damage, but the higher hp really helps out with elemental hits which jugg does nothing for.

I only mention that because certain map mods will be harder than others as a jugg, % damage added as elemental for example is pretty bad, whereas anything that generally modifies attacks in another way is safe to run (raw % damage increase, increased attack speed etc)
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Dec 7, 2016, 11:06:25 AM
It depends whether you are playing HC or not. On SC you can live a long time with not that big amount of HP if you accept dying occasionally.

On HC this is the question of your skill level and expected content to reach. I'd say that 5K is good enough for mid-tier maps. For top-tier maps you gonna want 6.5K+ HP to feel safe at least to some extent.

There are also other factors which influence this:
1) How fast can you leech your HP back after you are seriously hit - insta and/or fast leeching chars have generally an edge - since it prevents almost anything except fast successive hits and 1 shots
2) Movement speed - when you move away in time you don't take any dmg :-)
3) DPS - kill first, dead monsters don't do dmg (usually)

As you mentioned you are Juggernaut. This part of tree has main nemesis in elemental dmg, that's hardest to mitigate. Main methods are avoidance, high HP and fortify. If you are melee consider this as more important note.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Yea, I should have mentioned I'm in standard. So while annoying, the occasional deathisn't the end of the world. And unfortunately I'm running earthquake, so Fortify isn't really in the cards. I may link it to something like Vengeance or a CWDT skill, but it's not something I can reliably lean on.

Thanks for the info.
Ideally you get a minimum of 6K life, even on SC IMO, for later mapping. Ideally you use a Belly, and get closer to 7 or 8K. Last league I had 7.9K life on my Chieftain using a Belly of the Beast, and just getting a lot of % on the tree, and flat on every other piece of gear.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info