Low damage weapon usefulness question

Hello guys, I come to you with another question.

Im trying to make a build (probably another meh build but still ;p) and I wonder about weapon usefulness in terms of damage in endgame.

The question is this: are low damge weapons somehow viable in late game? Can I kill shaper and all that kind of stuff with a 40-50 level req. weapon? To be more specific lets see this weapons:

Terminus Est - damage: (114.4 to 145.6)–(189.2 to 240.8)

vs

Starforge - damage: (285 to 342)–(590 to 708)

Lets forget the prices of both. The second one is almost three times better damage wise, which is kinda obvious concidering levels of these two items. But that's not the meat of the question here, Im not arguing about the sheer kill speed. yes, I am acknowledging that 3 times better damage probably means 3 times better kill speed (not considering anything else), but..

Terminus Est has this cool efect of gaining frenzy charges on crit. It would be cool to know it can perform ok-ish in late game even if some weapons outperform it with brute force.

And how about 2x 1h weapons? Is it ok to pick something like 100-150 dmg? Can I still kill shaper with Bloodseekers in reasonable time? I know this is very complex question but in almost any other rpg 3 times more damage means obvious choice.

The build I was thinking about is flicker ranger. I was worrying that if I pick some cool weapon (cool meaning cool synergy within playstyle) with low damage I would limit my endgame to dried lake farm.

Ok I know this post got a bit long and this question is kinda hard to express. I hope someone can get the grasp of what concerns I actually have here!

PS If something is not clear plz point it out and I try (so hard) to explain what I meant, just... don't leave me with this dilemma! :)
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Last edited by Sarn88 on Dec 7, 2016, 6:33:20 AM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 7:13:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting question!
I don't have the answer, though, would like to read it ;)
It depends on build, all equip but about weapon ... hm it´s a bit too low dmg for 2h weapon

That sword is good mid lvl weapon, generationg frenzy is nice bonus but you will need raw power in endgame.

I was able to kill guardians/atziri with 30k dps sunder (used 1h 300dps mace + shield though) and it took forever to kill guards, haven´t tried shaper though.

Let´s try it and let us now!
Last edited by Rakiii on Dec 7, 2016, 6:52:41 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
It depends on build, all equip but about weapon ... hm it´s a bit too low dmg for 2h weapon

That sword is good mid lvl weapon, generationg frenzy is nice bonus but you will need dps power in endgame.

Although I was able to kill guardians/atziri with 300dps weapon (1h+shield though) ... I wouldn´t try it with a such 2h.
Yes I agree it depends on the build, it's a complex question. This sword is shown as an example because I am trying to establish here what is acceptable dps in late game so I can trash some of my ideas right away instead of wasting 3 days of work :P
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
I used to play with 30k+ dps sunder (no poison) in endgame maps without problems. It took forever to kill guards though but was doable even deathless with some dodge skill (and some luck maybe too). I can´t judge shaper though.

It´s not only about dps (unless some healing mob/boss) but about survivability and dodge skill too.
Btw some skills can do damage while moving/dodging (sunder isn´t that case).
So yes it´s a bit complex question:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info