Is there like a DPS calculator that is up to date?

Never used one before, and not really know how to calculate the DPS pDPS eDPS by hand..... So just wondering if there is some tool or calculator that can help me out.

Thanks
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 8:47:37 AM
yeah kill normal atziri, that is your dps check. If you cant kill her your build is bad. Thats all you need to know about dps, exact numbers are meaningless when we dont even know how much hp atziri/shaper etc have or their armor/resistance ratings.
"
MyNameIsSalo wrote:
yeah kill normal atziri, that is your dps check. If you cant kill her your build is bad. Thats all you need to know about dps, exact numbers are meaningless when we dont even know how much hp atziri/shaper etc have or their armor/resistance ratings.

^ This. Forum builds are always like 10 BILLION DPS/MAX BLOCK/IMMORTAL/15 ENDURANCE CHARGES/100 BILLION DPS. Then you jump into their thread and it's some Rats nest build with 3k life that one shots itself on reflect but the screenshots show EA with 1,345,344,223 tooltip damage and you're like huh? Oh I had 22 flasks up and a shrine and in a party and full charges and on and on...

Then people look at a proper build and are like, uhhh, dude, you have 30k damage on your EQ dafuq LOL, trash build. But you clear Uber Atziri and they are like uhhhhh... yeah.

This game is more about a qualitative analysis. Damage is controlled for anyway so overkill does nothing. It's like taking a 2.4 BV Pathfinder at level 98 into Dried Lake. You won't clear it any faster than some guy at level 70 because when a monster has 2k life, killing it using a 3k hit is not different than killing it using a 55k hit. Dead is dead.

It's better to compare your build or your progress on a single test subject. Using the same methodology, you can quickly see if you need more deeps or can pull some out for more defense and where a good line is for your play style.

I once threw together a 4K life Ratsnest rippy af build using Shrapnel Shot for lulz cause I was bored. I had like 150k on the tooltip and even saw players like Groceries with something like 500k. I ran through maps one shotting literally everything, including myself if a reflect monster even came off screen. I re-geared and made a more sensible build. I dropped the SS tooltip down to about 30K and guess what, still one-shotting everything in site, except myself on reflect.

I know this game is all about min-maxing, but your build isn't any better because your tooltip is in the millions and some other guy who has the same skill is 10% of that.
Deliver pain exquisite
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360/page/1

Calculates dps within 1% margin of error. One of the 3 most value tools in poe the other 2 being loot filters and peotrade.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
No... what im trying to say is that how can i check the dps of an item so I can sell a good price instead of 1 alchemy
DPS for an item/weapon is generally calculated like this:

((Minimum Damage + Maximum Damage) * (Attack Speed)) / 2

Example:

((150 + 400) * (1.60)) / 2 = 395.00 DPS

A visual example to mouse over (please pardon the lack of quality on the item, still getting the gear together)

((58 + 184) * 1.69) / 2 = 204.49 DPS
Last edited by Tanakeah on Dec 7, 2016, 8:25:30 AM
Tanakeah has it right, but I reason about the formula slightly differently. The way I think about it is:

Average Damage per Attack * Attacks per Second = Average Damage per Second

Where Average Damage per Attack = (Minimum Damage + Maximum Damage)/2

So the formula, while essentially the same, ends up being:

(Minimum Damage + Maximum Damage)/2 * Attacks per Second = DPS

Using Tanakeah's example:

((58+ 184) / 2) * 1.69 = 204.49 DPS

- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info