Scion Build Help?

Hey, guys looking for some insight on a build that i'm currently working on.

I've been playing for about a month, and really liking the game, I've been theorycrafting as best as i can with the limited knowledge that i have. What i need help with is: Build path suggestions, Damage mitigation ideas, Flask Setup, and itemization closer to late game.

Here is my build so far:

Here is my current plan for full build:

Goal of the build is to: Clear T14-T15 with MF gear.

Main Skill: Tornado Shot

Items i'm currently using: (ignore gems)

Spoiler

My auras are:
Spoiler
Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Arctic Armour

Gem Setup:
Spoiler

4L:CwDT, IC, AB, GMP
4L:Barrage, FA, PPAD, FPS
5L:TS, GMP, PPAD, FA, PS/SP
5L:Frenzy, GMP, PCoC, ICDS, ICSS
4L:????

Any and all help is appreciated! Just ask if you need more info! Thanks again guys.

Last edited by XemnasFF on Dec 7, 2016, 11:15:49 AM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 10:49:23 AM
"
XemnasFF wrote:
Here is my build so far

Can I ask why Scion?

I'm not seeing any advantages, and the Ascendant class is going to hold you back. I imagine most Tornado Shot-orientated builds are Raiders (recently buffed) and Assassins (incredibly strong).

"
XemnasFF wrote:
Because I get 1 shot wayyyyy to much being a LL build

This comment confuses me, because there's absolutely nothing in your post which suggests this character would be LL, so mentioning it for the first time at the end is a bit of a head-scratcher. Maybe it would help if you could tell us the gem set-ups you're planning?

I'm a little confused why a LL build would pick up the entire Scion life area.

"
XemnasFF wrote:
I've been playing for about a month

To clarify, in case it might help - 'LL' refers to Low Life. Low Life is when the health of a character is at 35% of it's total health pool or less. Some unique items provide a bonus while your character is on Low Life, such as The Oak offering 5% Life regen / second. Generally LL builds are spell casters who are trying to get an extra 30% damage from the Pain Attunement passive.

The most common example of LL is linking auras to Blood Magic so you've so much reserved life that it's impossible to have more than 35% while your auras are up. Typically these builds rely heavily on Energy Shield, so they don't invest in life - unlike the skill tree you linked to.

Taking a look at survivability in general, I see you're putting points into Blood Drinker, Life And Mana Leach, Life Leech, Life Leech & Vitality Void. Adding up these points - and the points it takes to reach those nodes - you're making a sizeable investment and I'm not sure it'll scale well. Those nodes don't offer flat values - you leech a percent of the damage you deal. You'd be better served by scaling your damage more so that you reach the same amount of healing through leach with fewer leech passives. All of this is equally true for the Mana Leech passives.

I'd recommend taking some points out of those nodes, and putting them in Bow Damage And Critical Strike Chance x2 and King Of The Hill. This is just to the right so it'll take minimal points to get there. It'll do a lot to scale your damage and it also grants you knockback on crits, which boosts survivability. You can't die to the attack which never landed.

You're using Essence Worm which increases reserved mana by 40%, and that's hitting both Arctic Armour and Herald of Ash. Drop the ring and the two Heralds. If you're investing heavily into Leech then that suggests enemies are surviving past the initial few hits and you're trying to survive long-term. This makes your boots' 40% reduced move speed while on LL unacceptable.

Blink Arrow is linked to Faster Casting. It is an attack, not a spell. Link it to Faster Attacks instead. Drop every single gem in your gloves - your build is not so well optimized you can squeeze in an Item Rarity, and using a Life Leech gem with that skill tree is absolutely insane. You need damage. Gear only has so many stats. When you go pure damage you cripple your survivability. You seem to understand this. Well, when your go pure survivability, you cripple your damage.

tl;dr: It's better to have 100 DPS and 1% Leech than 50 DPS and 2% Leech. The Scion and Ascendant classes are garbage. With the skill trees you link to, you absolutely shouldn't be having survivability problems. I'd guess your gear, like your skill tree, overly invests in defensive stats which means you struggle to kill enemies. Dead enemies deal no damage - this is an ARPG and it really is that simple. Have you been looking for better gear on PoE Trade?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Tysm for your reply,

"
This comment confuses me, because there's absolutely nothing in your post which suggests this character would be LL, so mentioning it for the first time at the end is a bit of a head-scratcher. Maybe it would help if you could tell us the gem set-ups you're planning?

I'm a little confused why a LL build would pick up the entire Scion life area.

I thought this just meant low base life pool XD.

(i will edit my gem setups for what they should be) Just trying to level my gems atm.

"
tl;dr: It's better to have 100 DPS and 1% Leech than 50 DPS and 2% Leech. The Scion and Ascendant classes are garbage. With the skill trees you link to, you absolutely shouldn't be having survivability problems. I'd guess your gear, like your skill tree, overly invests in defensive stats which means you struggle to kill enemies. Dead enemies deal no damage - this is an ARPG and it really is that simple. Have you been looking for better gear on PoE Trade?

I thought I had good gear for damage, I can 1 shot without GMP. XD Can you recommend some gear for me to buy?
"
XemnasFF wrote:
I can 1 shot without GMP. XD

That's good - better than I was expecting! The huge amount of investment into leech was concerning me and making me think there was a problem. Why are you going so heavily into leech - are you concerned about bosses, planning for the future, or..?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"

That's good - better than I was expecting! The huge amount of investment into leech was concerning me and making me think there was a problem. Why are you going so heavily into leech - are you concerned about bosses, planning for the future, or..?

A bit of both, I want to make sure I have good enough sustain for them harder fights. I'm going to buy a "Hinehora's Sight Onyx Amulet" to get that 1000 Accuracy bonus. Not sure if this will be enough/overkill.

I'm just farming Dried Lake in cruel until level 68, I am currently only level 52.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info