Self-Cast Animate Weapon targetting bug

"
TheuberClips wrote:
At the time of writing I was informed that this is a known issue now and there is a fix in the works for Animate Weapon's targetting. I'll still be posting this just to make sure all the issues are logged.

Patch 2.5.0 has changed Animate Weapon's targetting and has made the build MUCH more clunky to play as well as slowing the build down. I suspect this is a change that has happened due to the change to loot filters.

2.4.x and previous patch behaviour:
- While holding the Animate Weapon key down, the game will repeatedly try to cast Animate Weapon on whatever you mouse over, using the item the cursor was on at the time of casting.
- If there is no item, it will cast when you mouse over an item.
- If cast on an item that is not a weapon, it will cast the spell, but not animate anything -- if the next item is a weapon and you are still holding the button, it will animate that weapon.

2.5.0 behaviour:
- You can no longer animate multiple weapons with one keypress.
- Your cursor MUST be on an item when you press Animate Weapon or it will do nothing. Pressing the button then mousing over the item does nothing.
- If you target a non-weapon and press animate, holding the key down, you will "namelock" on that item, continuously casting until you let go of the button regardless of where you move the cursor until you let go of the button.
- After casting Animate Weapon and letting go of the button, you can not even TARGET any other items until that cast of Animate Weapon is finished. This means if your cursor is over an item at the end of Animate Weapon's cast, you can't target that item to loot or animate whatsoever until you move the cursor off and then back on it.

Hoping to see the issues fixed. It's made Animate Weapon really frustrating to play and slowed the build down a lot.

Thank you for the detailed report. I've passed it on for investigation. Sorry for the trouble! ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info