The AH dream is dead.

I have seen this haggle/negotiate function in other games' AH. It's not like there always has to be that buyout button instant sale. The only difference between fully supported GGG's AH and some shady website we all know could be amount of ads seen and alt tabs required to buy an item.

The arguments against any version of in-game auction house are mostly based on some versions of auction houses in other games that could potentionally cause more trouble in PoE, but there is no real argument against some version of auction house implemented in-game in general that would hold, if that one website is considered OK.

Luckily enough nowadays the gaming community is mostly full of people who do not want easy trading, and the proof is the number of multiplayer games that completely abandoned in-game trading AH. You can see it if you play pretty much any popular MMO. Nobody uses AH, it is not needed and it would cause more harm than good. People saying otherwise are just vocal minority. If you disagree, you are part of the vocal minority and should get over yourself. For one person crying for AH there is 10000 who do not want it and do not say anything. People who do not want AH in general do not ever post anywhere and therefore belong to the silent majority of MMO players who would never use AH in any game.
✠ ✠
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
C1111 wrote:
when new tabula rasa alt with colors of chris t shirt?

exactly that ahah
my english sux.
It would create so many problems yet didnt mention one? My fav is the first page, ah would be shit because i said so.

What would make the ah bad, i went through the first few pages and saw nothing
"
Chadwixx wrote:
It would create so many problems yet didnt mention one? My fav is the first page, ah would be shit because i said so.

What would make the ah bad, i went through the first few pages and saw nothing

Well, think about it...what do people hate about trade atm? that it feels mandatory? that people abuse it by flipping? that it's to easy to make one or two people extremely rich?

An auction house would amplify all of that massively, then you have those that want market control...buy every item of a type regardless of the price and then set his price way higher.

Ohh but it will help new players?....nope how are new players going to get the chaos they need to buy at the prices people will post them at, they'll get bored and moan that they need to use the AH same as now

It also encourages a different kind of botting (AH bots in WoW) that would be online 24/7 scanning constantly, which would probably put the server under massive load...like the wee hicup with the trade API and the quad tabs that brought the server down.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The biggest reason why you'll never see an AH is auction bots + FREE account creation.

You would all certainly be able to dump your pixels for cheap, but forget about ever picking something out of the AH on the cheap. Eventually you'd see bots out-sniping bots. That's it.

The ONLY place you'd eventually buy the items you're looking for, is with the help of the local RMT shop in the form of currency orbs.

The botting and RMT is already rampant. Having an AH in a freebie eco-sim game like this one would lead to a problem 100X worse.

GGG doesn't like botting and RMT, so an AH will never happen.

The hilarious part of this discussion is everyone's obfuscating, doublespeak assertion that Path of Exile "doesn't need" an auction house, yet someone's gone and created a de facto "auction house" in the form of poe.trade.

GGG won't implement an Auction House because poe.trade fills that role sufficiently:

(1) enables players to easily purchase items (relatively-speaking)
(2) requires "player interaction" (albeit in the form of "right-click, invite to party, "accept trade window", "% t4t", what masterful interaction LOL)

If GGG truly gave a fuck about a lack of Auction Houses, they'd shut down poe.trade and have everyone use the trade channel and trade forums.
IF a full AH was in place the game would need to be even harder than it already is.

GGG balances difficulty based on the player's ability or lack of ability to trade easily and also the ability to alt f4.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Each minutes in the world somebody is dying because of how trading is poorly handled in PoE.

( I didn't had a better one coming in mind sorry :D )
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Dec 8, 2016, 3:02:26 AM
well...

FUCK
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Feels bad. :(

From what I have read in most AH vs no AH threads, bots and flipping are the only 2 major problem with having an AH.

Solved quickly by implementing simple rules:

Botting - When you enter AH, needs to enter capcha, question, color or keyboard check, repeats every 30 minutes while in AH. AH botting solved.

Flipping - Meh. Let them flip, they bought me quick currency. Next patch nerf hammer strikes, items are crap. They cry to the forums.

Simple.

Why GGG would not implement? Maybe items flooding the market, cheap buying and no more grinding, game done, stop playing, wait for next league. Who cares buying the most expensive top rolled items when you can face roll content with non-top rolled ones or cheap substitute with cheap OP builds and skill gems. Maybe, I don't know.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info