Need help Blade Flurry Assasin (getting rekt)

Why i am getting rekt and my dps sucks total balls for even low tier (1-3) maps ? It started off very well while leveling but then sucked balls in merc

I was watching very closely Mathil breach leveling stream vidoes and i pretty much copied everything in terms of gear / tree etc... While he was melting through maps and killing bosses instantly, completely killing whole breach hands instances with easy wearing total trash gear not even had full gems. While me getting totally rekt and i cant even progress.

I have capped res. my HP pool kinda sucks 3.7k. I went for toxic delivery ascendancy skill. (i had power on crit at the start then had to respec this though it would help in dps issue but i cant see much difference :( )

Im not sure what i am doing wrong here

Check my profile for items / tree please and let me know what i need to do.

Last edited by Vas3k on Dec 6, 2016, 6:27:29 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 7:33:06 PM
What is your crit chance with all your power charges up? I suspect this is part of the problem. Deadly Infusion would turn that 7% dagger into 9% with 4 power charges and then all your % increased crit chance bonuses would apply to that instead. Bleeds and poisons will not help much until you get your crit up high.
"
Kelderek wrote:
What is your crit chance with all your power charges up? I suspect this is part of the problem. Deadly Infusion would turn that 7% dagger into 9% with 4 power charges and then all your % increased crit chance bonuses would apply to that instead. Bleeds and poisons will not help much until you get your crit up high.

Main hand 51% crt chance with 5 power charges up

is that you mean ?
"
Vas3k wrote:

Main hand 51% crt chance with 5 power charges up

is that you mean ?

Yes, that would be a lot higher (probably around 69-70%) if you had Deadly Infusion ascendancy. I'm not playing Assassin myself (I'm doing BF Raider), so take this with a grain of salt, but everything I've seen about that ascendancy points to Deadly Infusion being the strongest node there. With 5 power charges your dagger would become 9.5% crit chance base which is pretty slick.

Similarly you could also consider trying an Increased Critical Strikes support gem in place of the multiplier one, that would also give you higher base crit chance and may be an easier option that respeccing your ascendancy.
tried that, feels a bit better actually. But i still dont get it, why Mathil was totally melting everything with out binos or any high end gear

EDIT: yeah changing gem to crit chance actually helped by a lot! thanks for that man but still im abit confused how he was able to yolo everything
Last edited by Vas3k on Dec 6, 2016, 6:56:27 PM
Would you mind posting all your gears and skill tree here for us to evaluate?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Would you mind posting all your gears and skill tree here for us to evaluate?

you can check my profile and characters, all there for you to look at mate
any more help on this please ? what to upgrade etc.. ? i cant afford binos or belly

it sucks that there no thread for such a build, i am just casual POE player and i need step by step guide to progress, my own fault for following video guide instead something from poe forums :(

I played mathil voltaxic build in peradus and it was amazing,so i went for another mathil build but unfortunately he has no thread for this one :( So i cant ask for help or anything, no one ever replying to youtube comments and asking mathil on stream maybe quite difficult as he busy playing game him self atm

here video incase anyone is wandering what Mathil vidoe guide i am talking about
Last edited by Vas3k on Dec 7, 2016, 7:25:53 AM
So what else are you still struggling with? Is it more offense or more defense?

For offense, I still think you should respec your ascendancy to get Deadly Infusion and you should be high enough to try Merciless Labyrinth to get Noxious Strike. I would get Toxic Delivery in your uber lab run.

You may also consider replacing that off hand. Unfortunately you have picked the most expensive build for Breach so that makes grabbing upgrades a lot harder. Also, by following one of the main streamers you are adding yourself to the long list of players who try to replicate that build and that drives up demand and therefore prices. For example, if you search for another 230 pDPS dagger the cheapest you'll see is about 20 chaos. But if you do the same for claws you can get one for 1 chaos.

One option you could try is to make your build less weapon specific, go for generic dual wield or one hand weapon nodes instead of dagger ones. That may open you up to cheaper weapon upgrades. Later on when you have amassed some wealth you can respec back to daggers.

For defense there isn't much more you can do. Grab the jewel socket near the middle frenzy charge location to the right of ranger start. Make sure all of your jewels have +% max life. Try to get better gloves with high pure evasion, same for boots. You will likely need to stick with a hybrid body armor due to socket color needs (a pure evasion chest will be hard to get the right colors). Keep working on that life wheel on the passive tree.

With Assassin you are kind of screwed on defense, it is a glass cannon ascendancy, there are no defensive nodes or mods there at all. You have to get your defenses from gear and passives to make up for it or rely on mad DPS to kill things before they can hurt you.
Most of your problems are caused by your mainhand, buy a flat base and craft a mediocre one, trade for one or do something of that kind - daggers assassins should really be hitting the crit cap. Currently your dagger is slow, low local crit and low damage.

As to the gear if your defences suck i'd suggest ditching relentless fury for a shield (depends on if you have dual wield nodes obviously). Using that as an offhand is great as long as your geared and skilled enough to warpath through everything, but if your a bit slower it basically becomes a stat stick that provides very little.

The rest of your gear doesn't seem too bad, you'll get major dps increases by getting flat phys rings/gloves/neck, especially if they have multiplier on them but pieces like that will be extremely expensive this league.

so basically, fix the dagger you should be able to more than double your damage from just that, your life would hit around 5k i think when you finish the scion health wheel and stick a shield on the rest is just smooth sailing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info