The Keystone Game

So here's the deal:
My internet connection is too weak tonight to actually play so i came up with a little game.

The goal is to use this Random Number Generator to determine Keystones, with which to figure out a build.

Set it between 1 and 23 and check the following list. Roll until you have 4 Keystones.

Keystones
1 = Acrobatics
2 = Ancestral Bond
3 = Arrow Dancing
4 = Avatar of Fire
5 = Blood Magic
6 = Chaos Inoculation
7 = Conduit
8 = Eldritch Battery
9 = Elemental Equilibrium
10 = Elemental Overload
11 = Ghost Reaver
12 = Iron Grip
13 = Iron Reflexes
14 = Mind Over Matter
15 = Minion Instability
16 = Necromantic Aegis
17 = Pain Attunement
18 = Phase Acrobatics
19 = Point Blank
20 = Resolute Technique
21 = Unwavering Stance
22 = Vaal Pact
23 = Zealot's Oath

Keystones that rule each other out get rerolled.
That includes:

Rerolls

Avatar of Fire - Elemental Equilibrium
Resolute Technique - Elemental Overload
Chaos Inoculation - Blood Magic/Eldritch Battery/Pain Attunement/Mind over Matter
Unwavering Stance - Arrow Dancing
Blood Magic - Mind over Matter/Eldritch Battery
Vaal Pact - Zealot's Oath
Acrobatics - Iron Reflexes/Chaos Inoculation

optional

Blood Magic - Zealot's Oath

Next try to find a Skill and/or Build Enabler Unique that would make this somewhat playable.
Maybe you're tired of meta builds and this may lead to your next personal hipster build.

Let the games begin!
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 6, 2016, 9:46:34 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 10:26:41 AM
I got:

2 - Ancestral Bond

6 - Chaos Inoculation

21 - Unwavering Stance

18 - Phase Acrobatics. Rerolled this per the rules to:

10 - Elemental Overload.

That's actually not bad as is. It's basically a standard Elemental Totem Build, as CI. The only odd thing is making the trek all the way to Unwavering Stance, but it's doable, and with an Energy From Within near Barbarism, the distance won't be entirely useless travel nodes.

Call it a Flameblast Totem build and I will have duly succeeded in this round.

- Sheepster
I don't think I'll actually play what I roll (especially after SEEING my results... UGH) but I like the idea of the game so I'll share my results.

first set of rolls. So...

Ancestral Bond (I HATE totem builds... let my character deal damage, not sticks that he pushes out of the ground through automatic strikes!!!)
Zealot's Oath
Blood Magic
Mind over Matter

Nice, BM-MoM is a reroll. Let's see...

Elemental Overload.

Hmmm...... ES-based Explosive Arrow, you say? That could be interesting. With totems, no less...
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
@ Nssheepster:
Wow, you actually got really good ones!

@ adghar:
With BM and zealot's oath wouldn't it be possible to make something lowlife?

I was afk for a while and rolled for myself just now...

11 = Ghost Reaver
17 = Pain Attunement
10 = Elemental Overload
13 = Iron Reflexes

The spell leech split is kinda bothering. Aside from the support or warlords i think cospri's malice could do the trick.
Or just some linked to leech ice spear elementalist.
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 6, 2016, 7:07:08 PM
@Scherge

Iron Reflexes kinda makes your build a bit strained. Maybe a LL Aegis Build could use all your stuff? Armor, ES, and then Pain Attunement and LL to make up for the damage you'd be lacking after straddling the tree so far.

@Adghar

RAT with EA could do well yeah. Maybe add Eldritch Battery Keystone to all that, and use Ascendant Trickster. 20% More Evasion would be nice. Hard to say with yours.

Maybe BM and ZO should be a reroll...There's really no good use for that AFAIK.

- Sheepster
8 Eldritch battery
13 Iron Reflexes
23 Zealot's oath
15 Minion instability

Uh boy, that looks... different somehow. Different good, different bad it's too early to say that.

Starting build creation protocol...
Initiating full force bullsh*t mode...

So here's the tree I came up with
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAEjn6hjvToIeU7tEnjlSWAcYaiFgg9tVxjpYfIMsnNNvRrcFLXrvRARNuRCXzLzr7ho4kFWvp7cxjHaPRmhl892IQoIH2XzZXkiOR4UN4jkL_oGGYHasz34abJ2urKqVIGsXbAubofqA2QsqmPIeyT2_l_cy7Ip9GGvbCPTAVBiRvJ_8S2ZUlG8kqjbpFm_javfXpwhTUprgRZ0rUA3NHM7-VPjrwfPbCzpSDjzE9mpDQ1Qd2fRxIvRAoOyD049Lrhsl2VtyD3Kp6QJ08WFS1K_fihEtKaVeE6yYpqyQM4hAFHEy0VnzRUdtGfrSZp73wQAAAAAAAAAA

As for the items...
Umbilicus Immortalis
Coruscating Elixir
Rumi's
The surrender
The Scourge
Something with leech
FUL FORCE BULLSHIT, THUS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE HERE:
Bringer of rain
Rainbowstride
The Anvil

That will be... one mess of a build. But it sounds fun :D
Edit: I'll need a lot of dex from jewelry... but f*ck it, for the lulz.
The surrender will have vengeance, riposte and life gain on hit socketed. This thing desperately needs sustain...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Dec 6, 2016, 8:36:55 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Uh boy

xD my first thought exactly!

Pretty nifty i have to say. The Umbilicus Immortalis Coruscating Elixir combo with minion instability is new to me, i'm amazed!

"
Nssheepster wrote:
Maybe BM and ZO should be a reroll...There's really no good use for that AFAIK.

Added that as optional because technically it can be used together, right?
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 6, 2016, 9:48:04 PM
Well, technically the combination of eldritch battery, mind over matter and blood magic can be used aswell...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Well, technically the combination of eldritch battery, mind over matter and blood magic can be used aswell...

I'm oddly tempted to try this out ó_ô
"
Scherge wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

I'm oddly tempted to try this out ó_ô

The advantage here, or so I've heard, is that it is easier for Energy Shield recharge to start (because Damage over Time won't stop it; it will have full 100% bypass to Life). Energy Shield still protects your Life somewhat; it will be like non-chaos damage gains 70% bypass to Life.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 7, 2016, 5:26:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info