Recommend a CI build for SSF?

Seems like luck was with me tonight, found two of my cards already. Plus a few more interesting ones from breaches. I may just have to farm the shit outta this zone...
Never did do the suicide thing since I was already level 67 when I started and I guess 68 is the max penalty level anyway. If the luck holds up I should have that staff in another day or two =)
"
Boem wrote:
- free's up chest slot to be rolled purely for ES and not worry about the links (means a good ES drop can be used straight up)

I'd still roll it as 5-link since it's not too hard. 4-link is downright trivial. My WI elementalist uses this:

"
Boem wrote:
The way i play it is pure unique based though,

- whispering ice
- perandus belt
- 116 all stats neck(forgot the name)
- rainbow strides
- dual perandus signet (2% int per unique equiped 2x because dual wielding)

I'm surprised you didn't mention Black Sun Crest. I assume you have it? The amulet is called Astramentis. 116 is a perfect roll, with 90 (10+80) being the worst possible. Should be fairly easy to get it to 105+, though for SSF the more difficult part is getting the amulet in first place (no cards for it). I rolled a ghetto astramentis for myself:

"
Boem wrote:
you can probably do WI + perandus belt SSF quite easily. And the other unique's only become important if you have perandus signets equipped. So normal int rolls on gear will do.

Or if you're lucky enough to drop a crystal belt, you can roll some nice stats on it:

WI has a strong synergy with ES thanks to all the intelligence. Perandus Blazon does have the merit of giving +30 to the other atributes too, which potentially saves two big attribute nodes on the tree - especially with no Astramentis. I seem to have found four during Essence so it's a fairly common drop.

"
Boem wrote:
And hope you get lucky with transfer jewels :D, there is a card for the dex -> int one though, but not for the str -> int one as far as i know.

Oh right, so that's why I had so many fertile minds but no brute force solutions. Strangely enough I have at least two copies of all transfer jewels for the other attributes too... I wonder why no brute force solution has shown up.
Making some progress but haven't started the new guy yet.

Farmed the whispering ice cards reasonably quick and went on to farm a tabula afterward. Then tonight this dropped...

Losing those sockets and some ES from the boot slot will be rough but maybe spending all my points in the top of the tree can make pretty well make up for it, what do you think? Haven't seen a brute force solution jewel yet so working my way down to unwavering stance probably is going to be pretty crappy for me unless I get real lucky real soon.

Haven't had any unique amulet or belt drops yet, but tonight I did also get a unique flask..

... might be situationally useful I guess?
You are fine without the stun immunity until higher tier maps as long as you play carefully because everything dies so quick, just don't go yolo leap slamming into every pack. The danger is getting stunned before you start casting, if you're already casting you'll be leeching ES and probably survive. On the linked WI build you don't take it until around level 80 anyway. It's certainly nice to have the immunity but not absolutely essential.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Dec 10, 2016, 4:18:48 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
You are fine without the stun immunity until higher tier maps as long as you play carefully because everything dies so quick, just don't go yolo leap slamming into every pack. The danger is getting stunned before you start casting, if you're already casting you'll be leeching ES and probably survive. On the linked WI build you don't take it until around level 80 anyway. It's certainly nice to have the immunity but not absolutely essential.

Don't forget he will have SSF gear, not trade centered gear.

The stun immunity will be relevant.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info