Thats all for me for now...thanks loading lag RIP

Just ripped a pretty nice scorching ray inquisitor to loading lag (when you load up and zone in for the first time). Couldn't alt+f4 fast enough.

Done with this league for a bit. This is a main reason why my play time in leagues has been dwindling for several leagues now. Probably not spending money this time around either.

This loading lag shit needs to end.
Last edited by cesmode on Dec 6, 2016, 5:00:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 2:58:28 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the issue is on your side. Sure, GGG hasn't optimized their game perfectly, in face you could argue that it's pretty badly optimized, but it still works. If you have a decent gaming computer then you shouldn't really be having issues with loading screens. I have no problems with them at all, the only times they're noticeably long are when I zone into the labyrinth or heavily decorated hideouts for the first time, which is a minority of the zones I enter. I don't use an SSD either, so loading PoE off an SSD would drastically increase loading times for me, which are already pretty short.

Don't play hardcore, especially in a league that's rippy as fuck, if your PC isn't powerful enough to handle it. If you don't have the hardware to play the game with good performance then you shouldn't complain.
i7-3770 (clocked to ~3.8 ish)
16 gigs of ram
GTX 1060 SC

Should be fine...No issues actually running the game. Just loading into zones is wonky...you think its OK, you move your character forward, and then the game locks up for ~5+ seconds. Then youre dead whether you wait for it to return to normal or alt+f4 out.

I would venture to say that the problem is probably not on my end considering having no issues with any game with loading into zones or areas, and that POE already has the reputation of being poorly optimized (although, they seem to be (attempting) to make improvements).

I'm in the same boat with you. I will tone down and being a load screen while friends watch my character is invulnerable for so many seconds until the buff wears off and mobs hit me until I die then my game runs perfectly fine as soon as I'm dead
"
i7-3770 (clocked to ~3.8 ish)
16 gigs of ram
GTX 1060 SC

These specs don't mater, the load screen is 90% hard drive speed. A slow hard drive will have issues.

Try picking up a SSD if you have the money and don't have one, if you do make sure POE is installed on it.
My PC is a bit more powerful than yours, but i only use a GTX970...

I have run the game off my M.2 SSD and on my 10.000rpm Raptor HDD, and it runs equally good on both... No difference...
I have friends who have tried this too. YOU DONT NEED A SSD! To play the game with good performance.

Oh, and I have never had your type of loadscreen issue. Not ever.

But since the 2.4.0 release, Ive had a different problem... The load screen does not go away, even when I can hear that Im loaded in.
I then have to alt+tab into windows and back again, and everythings fine...

Weird.
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Dec 6, 2016, 6:43:43 PM
This has been a long standing issue, it is a preload problem, and has nothing to do with ones hard drive, although if its badly fragmented it will certainly make it worse, however, even people with ssd can suffer from it. If you have a generally slow connection it will take you longer to load into instances and you may not be aware the issue even exists

When first logging into the game, the client continues loading textures etc. in the background, and some are not loaded until you enter a zone for the first time. If you start up the game and go straight into a zone, it will very often freeze until all the textures are ready, you may even hear audio and still be sat on the loading screen but its the same issue. When you have been playing for a little while the bulk of the textures are already in memory and there are no further issues as you enter new areas.

The latest patch was supposed to improve preloading but its obvious it hasn’t, it is still an issue. Frankly, the game really should load everything before placing your char into the instance, it is fairly obvious the developers are trying to cut down loading time between instances and cutting corners to do so.
Regards Hexcaliber
Last edited by Hexcaliber on Dec 6, 2016, 7:00:43 PM
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
This has been a long standing issue, it is a preload problem, and has nothing to do with ones hard drive, although if its badly fragmented it will certainly make it worse, however, even people with ssd can suffer from it. If you have a generally slow connection it will take you longer to load into instances and you may not be aware the issue even exists

When first logging into the game, the client continues loading textures etc. in the background, and some are not loaded until you enter a zone for the first time. If you start up the game and go straight into a zone, it will very often freeze until all the textures are ready, you may even hear audio and still be sat on the loading screen but its the same issue. When you have been playing for a little while the bulk of the textures are already in memory and there are no further issues as you enter new areas.

The latest patch was supposed to improve preloading but its obvious it hasn’t, it is still an issue. Frankly, the game really should load everything before placing your char into the instance, it is fairly obvious the developers are trying to cut down loading time between instances and cutting corners to do so.

I agree with you, and I have a schedule set up for defrag weekly. Connection is fine. No issue with actual latency.

Whilst I would agree an SSD would make life easier here, I don't think its necessary that I do so. This would tell me that the game is coded poorly. Are people saying that my regular western digi black hdd is crap for POE's mega data transfer rate? Seems silly..

No, the issue is not on my end.

What I have discovered since 2.4 is that, if I run the game in Windowed Fullscreen I have a lot less issues than in Fullscreen

Yes I use an SSD but that is the Nerd in me, mostly.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
M.2 SSD LITERALLY 0.2 secs zone load times!
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info