Are only forum vets getting invites?

Or people that created their accounts recently (like me) get them also?
#alphalife
Ive been checking some of the accounts that have been selected, and I have seen everything from forum vets to people who have not logged in for months.

Apparently posting on forums increases your chances of being selected though!
ah okay, thank you
#alphalife
I've been around since November and only posted a few times and got invited. So I believe it's mostly random. I always join forums for games I am interested in as soon as I hear about it though, because it never hurts when it comes to getting beta invites.
"
Isobar wrote:
I've been around since November and only posted a few times and got invited. So I believe it's mostly random. I always join forums for games I am interested in as soon as I hear about it though, because it never hurts when it comes to getting beta invites.

f r u doin on the forums when u have the freakin key :p
Last edited by Noubro on Aug 11, 2011, 10:29:06 PM
"
Isobar wrote:

Thanks, may i ask how the beta is? is it worth the time to try and get a key?
#alphalife
I got the invite about 45 minutes ago and am downloading the client. I gotta go to bed soon and let it download over night, then work my 8:00-5:00 job and I will be playing it most the weekend, as long as I can keep my Fiancee entertained with other things.
"
Isobar wrote:
I got the invite about 45 minutes ago and am downloading the client. I gotta go to bed soon and let it download over night, then work my 8:00-5:00 job and I will be playing it most the weekend, as long as I can keep my Fiancee entertained with other things.

Ah cool. have fun playing!
#alphalife
I'm starting to think that supposed 10x more likely to get in for posting is a hoax. At least every other invite within that randomized pool has had 0 posts, and then the other says little more than "I want in the beta."

This whole thing is just alienating those that actually have shown promise in helping make this a better game, while being completely oblivious to vets from 2010.

Sure, some of them get in and some were hand picked way back in Alpha, but they're still by-and-large rewarding people for spam posting with arbitrary code giveaways in just about any useless thread and inviting people that simply want to demo the game.

I just want to see the beta test succeed, and this bombarding the game with people who couldn't care less isn't the way. I mean (don't get me wrong), PoE looks like it plays great from what I've seen with live streams. I'm a big fan.

But, as far as being an online game with solid server stability goes though, I've heard nothing but bad news about server latency and something like 753 people being allowed access with only about 100 concurrent people actually playing.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Last edited by Madav on Aug 11, 2011, 10:39:43 PM
This thread gave me a nice laugh.

Are vets getting selected? xD

More like the lower posts you have, the higher chance you have to get in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info