Breach Help

Hi folks

I need a little help with Breaches, as I think I am doing them wrong. I can't seem to keep them open that long - I manage over 30 seconds - just, but seem to struggle beyond that. Should I be staying in one place and letting the monsters come to me or should i be moving and actively seeking the monsters within the breach area. Should I be clicking on the small hands within the area?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ww
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 3:55:14 AM
The breaches only stay open for a short while, I'm not sure what the limit is, but it isn't a whole lot more than 30 seconds so you're not too far off there.

Definitely click every clasped hand you see, they are free loot containers with higher chances of dropping splinters.

I recommend moving in a spiral out from the center of the breach. Don't wait for enemies to come to you -- that will hurt your clear speed -- you need fast kills so seek out enemies. The clasped hands tend to be out away from the center so it helps to move to the outer edges. Try to kill as many rare enemies as you can, they drop more splinters.
The max is 60 seconds, do not sweat it, kill what you can and gather loot.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
If you die while the breach is open, if you are quick enough, you can come back through a portal and keep killing. So if you place a portal close, you can jump back into the fray.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Great stuff - thanks for the help and advice folks!
"
ChanBalam wrote:
If you die while the breach is open, if you are quick enough, you can come back through a portal and keep killing. So if you place a portal close, you can jump back into the fray.
Cast on Death + Portal
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Cast on Death + Portal

That's like a heresy towards my Blasphemy + Portal
for me the breaches are really hard and forcing. Most of the time I have to fight to survive and it is hard to see, find and click at the breach hands for the loot in the same time.
And it is getting more intense with each higher level I get, while my gear is still not update to the level.
But as a selffound player it is a problem to get fast enough better gear, so it feels like losing loot, when I do a breach.
Even thought about going on a lower difficulty just for doing breaches and get more splinters. BUt I want to get forward and not to stagnite on level50 while doing level40 questmaps.

At the moment my levelling is also a little problem, because I need the cruel lab ascendancy to start with my main build. Then I can go to ancestral bonds and leave the killing to my 5 totems then. Already got the quiver for one more range totem based totem additional and a quill bow for the attackspeed. I guess 5 range totems should be good to get higher levels then.
Yesterday did the normal lab, easy but it took some time.
My gameplay is big mix of no real build at the moment, because I do not know, what skills I will use until my second ascendancy. I am using molten strike for attacks in short range, for long range I use scorching ray, my movement is whirling blades and rightclick is cyclone. Trying to ignite all and for the nasty moments i summon my vaal skelettons and use warhieftotem. Buffs by herald of ash, molten shell and 2 curses by blasphemy warlords mark and flamability.

With this mixed skills, i thought to level to end of cruel and then begin the bow based totem build. Will be a long way. I am 51 at the moment in act3 cruel and playing solo selffound.

What I wanted to say was, the breaches are very difficult and hard, while the caracter is still at levelling phase. Even can imagine, they will nerf them a little bit.
"
silumit wrote:
Cast on Death + Portal

My favourite HC combo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info