Macro's legal?

"
Also a log out macro, which you guys say is ok, is not a single command, it's actually a combination, so that's bannable too.

No it's not. It performs a single action - logout. It cuts the time of opening the menu and clicking the logout button but that doesn't mean it takes two actions. For the server it's just a single action (that is the logout) since the server doesn't take opening your menu as an action.
Many were banned ON FUCKIN STREAM for multipotioning as well as timed flask presses (the discharge one) while warned ON STREAM BY ALL USERS HEEEEY DONT DO THAT ON STREAM! Pam log out and cant connect, log in online, banned for rest of league!
No Problem,
Exile
"
werchiel wrote:

No it's not. It performs a single action - logout. It cuts the time of opening the menu and clicking the logout button but that doesn't mean it takes two actions.

1. OPENING A MENU
2. CLICKING ON LOG OUT

THAT IS 2 SEPARATE ACTIONS DAFUQ! Two clicks. You guys say a macro is bannable. I use Flasks 4 and 5 with one mouse click. But stringing together two mouse clicks to open and subsequently click on one of the options with a single script is ok?????

??????
?????????
??????????????
?????

Naaa I'm out. I'm way too triggered by this thread. Outie 5000.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
TheExile777 wrote:
Many were banned ON FUCKIN STREAM for multipotioning as well as timed flask presses (the discharge one) while warned ON STREAM BY ALL USERS HEEEEY DONT DO THAT ON STREAM! Pam log out and cant connect, log in online, banned for rest of league!

I have absolutely no words for this behavior. I can respect GGG for controlling botting or nefarious use of multi-clients or other crap that sees people automating the game in a way that gives them benefits of play without actually playing but goddamn if GGG bans for macro use, like I can't even fathom that like that is just obscene. That's like a cop pulling you over and giving you a ticket because you drive a Porsche and despite not speeding, he says your car is fast and you probably do speed so here's a ticket.

Like what even?! What about chairs? Can I sit on a workout ball instead of a chair or is that agains the ToS too!?!?!

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

But then they allow log out macros... kk. Seems legit.

Also found this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/380459/page/2

Read the last comment from support. I dunno man, your credibility is pretty shady rn not gonna lie lol
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Dec 7, 2016, 3:44:35 AM
"
"
werchiel wrote:

No it's not. It performs a single action - logout. It cuts the time of opening the menu and clicking the logout button but that doesn't mean it takes two actions.

1. OPENING A MENU
2. CLICKING ON LOG OUT

THAT IS 2 SEPARATE ACTIONS DAFUQ! Two clicks. You guys say a macro is bannable. I use Flasks 4 and 5 with one mouse click. But stringing together two mouse clicks to open and subsequently click on one of the options with a single script is ok?????

??????
?????????
??????????????
?????

As I told you (maybe not so explicitly) before - GGG is one thing, common sense is another. Logout macro is legal(i.e. allowed), multipotion/multiskill macro isn't. Again, don't even try to understand it or get some answer with reasonable explanation from support, you won't get any. Just accept it. Or use such macros and risk a ban. That's all we can do.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Dec 7, 2016, 4:01:58 AM
Do what you want to do,however they can ban you if you are caught doing something they don't like.
They won't do nothing to you for logout and /oss macros even tho clearly they perform multiple actions in succession,as for anything else - your own risk.
No rest for the wicked.
"
"
TheExile777 wrote:

I have absolutely no words for this behavior. I can respect GGG for controlling botting or nefarious use of multi-clients or other crap that sees people automating the game in a way that gives them benefits of play without actually playing but goddamn if GGG bans for macro use, like I can't even fathom that like that is just obscene. That's like a cop pulling you over and giving you a ticket because you drive a Porsche and despite not speeding, he says your car is fast and you probably do speed so here's a ticket.

Like what even?! What about chairs? Can I sit on a workout ball instead of a chair or is that agains the ToS too!?!?!

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

But then they allow log out macros... kk. Seems legit.

Also found this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/380459/page/2

Read the last comment from support. I dunno man, your credibility is pretty shady rn not gonna lie lol

You mean the....beta supporter title? Wow...
No rest for the wicked.
"
silumit wrote:
"
"
werchiel wrote:

1. OPENING A MENU
2. CLICKING ON LOG OUT

??????
?????????
??????????????
?????

As I told you (maybe not so explicitly) before - GGG is one thing, common sense is another. Logout macro is legal(i.e. allowed), multipotion/multiskill macro isn't. Again, don't even try to understand it or get some answer with reasonable explanation from support, you won't get any. Just accept it. Or use such macros and risk a ban. That's all we can do.

Dude you don't need macros in this game like for what? I don't play HC so who cares about a log out macro and for the game, clicking 1 2 3 4 5 for your flasks is like what else are you gonna do? I can play this game with one hand and I don't even have that many buttons on my mouse lol

It's just trying to find the common sense in all this. Because macros are just part of gaming and I've never heard of someone getting banned because they strung together two keyboard commands to their right click lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
It's fine it's the internet. Look at it this way. Every single mouse, even non gaming mice, but especially those, come with legitimate software designed by the manufacturer to allow for a myriad of customization when it comes to how their hardware can be interfaced. Razor, Logitech, Microsoft, Roccat, Corsair and on and on provide immense freedom to the player because modern games are complex and good design takes note of the advancements made in human factors and ergonomics.

Which doesn't mean it's permissible to use them in every game. The fact that you can buy a gun doesn't mean you're permitted to use it everywhere.

"
"
silumit wrote:
Although I(and I guess all sane people) agree with your reasoning, it was stated many times by GGG that bolded part is wrong(i.e. multiflask macros DO violate the ToS). That's not something you can reason about, that's GGG's holy cow. Better not touch it :p

Proof?

Here you go

"
1. OPENING A MENU
2. CLICKING ON LOG OUT

There's a difference between input events and actions sent to the server. From the server's point of view, "opening a menu" is not an action. Nor are things like adjusting settings, or hovering over every item in your inventory and copy-pasting their descriptions into a text file.

Also, if you play in windowed mode you can just click the X in the corner to close the window and logout with a single input event. Problem solved.

Unless you want to argue that moving the mouse is one action and clicking is another? Because moving the mouse actually generates a hundred or more input events per seconds. I'm a programmer so I would know.

"
It's just trying to find the common sense in all this. Because macros are just part of gaming and I've never heard of someone getting banned because they strung together two keyboard commands to their right click lol.

Just like doping is just part of sports, eh? And cheating in exams and copying your homework from classmates are just part of school?
Last edited by databeaver on Dec 7, 2016, 5:34:12 AM
If you're playing PathFinder what I have is a stick with cellotape underneath that instantly presses all of my pots when I push it down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info