Macro's legal?

People were saying using a potion macro is illegal but recommend using a logout macro.

Are macro's legal or not?
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 3:38:41 PM
Macros that perform a single server side action for a single input are legal. As such logout macros are legal. A macro that cycles 12345 potions with a single input is not legal.
U MAD?
In addition to the rule of one action per input, it should be noted that anything that automates things in game is also bannable, including (but not limited to) - macros triggering potions when you hit x% health, macros logging you out when you hit x% health and macros doing x action every y seconds continuously.

EDIT*

On the flipside, examples of perfectly acceptable macros include - logout macro (you press it, it performs one action - sending logout packet to server), macros to bind commands to a key (eg /hideout - so long as it is a single command), macros that post a single message into chat (eg a trading macro to send "Thanks, have a good day" to the last person to whisper you)
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Dec 6, 2016, 4:28:24 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Macros that perform a single server side action for a single input are legal. As such logout macros are legal. A macro that cycles 12345 potions with a single input is not legal.

Lmao. Dafuq are you even talking about lmao.

Also yeah man macros are legal. Never heard of anyone going to jail for using them lol. I think you mean against the ToS. Nothing to do with the law.

BREAKING: Man in China sentenced to 15 years for using Logitech Gaming Center to use two flasks with one mouse button. More as the story develops. Lol
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Also yeah man macros are legal. Never heard of anyone going to jail for using them lol. I think you mean against the ToS. Nothing to do with the law.

BREAKING: Man in China sentenced to 15 years for using Logitech Gaming Center to use two flasks with one mouse button. More as the story develops. Lol

You dont get it, i see. A guy posts a perfect explanation with wrong phrase for the topic("illegal") and you dont have the brains to figure out what is he saying.

TL;DR of the thread: single input and server-side macros aren't breaking ToS. Automated and triggered macros however, break ToS.
"
OV3RSEER wrote:
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:

You dont get it, i see. A guy posts a perfect explanation with wrong phrase for the topic("illegal") and you dont have the brains to figure out what is he saying.

TL;DR of the thread: single input and server-side macros aren't breaking ToS. Automated and triggered macros however, break ToS.

You don't get jokes, I see. Also, having a macro set up to use all your flasks at the same time, or even in sequence does NOT violate the ToS, like that is a resounding fail. GGG doesn't want anyone automating play, that's all. Running a bot is a far cry from using one mouse click to perform two actions on your hero like use your heads people. It's like common sense. So ya no not a perfect explanation but actually total FUD so ya no.
Deliver pain exquisite
Sorry for rude answer.
But yah, could see it being that way. Havent used any macros and dont plan using them. I think i should stick to things i have expirience with, rather than giving my opinion on everything.
"
You don't get jokes, I see. Also, having a macro set up to use all your flasks at the same time, or even in sequence does NOT violate the ToS, like that is a resounding fail. GGG doesn't want anyone automating play, that's all. Running a bot is a far cry from using one mouse click to perform two actions on your hero like use your heads people. It's like common sense. So ya no not a perfect explanation but actually total FUD so ya no.
Although I(and I guess all sane people) agree with your reasoning, it was stated many times by GGG that bolded part is wrong(i.e. multiflask macros DO violate the ToS). That's not something you can reason about, that's GGG's holy cow. Better not touch it :p
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
OV3RSEER wrote:
Sorry for rude answer.
But yah, could see it being that way. Havent used any macros and dont plan using them. I think i should stick to things i have expirience with, rather than giving my opinion on everything.

It's fine it's the internet. Look at it this way. Every single mouse, even non gaming mice, but especially those, come with legitimate software designed by the manufacturer to allow for a myriad of customization when it comes to how their hardware can be interfaced. Razor, Logitech, Microsoft, Roccat, Corsair and on and on provide immense freedom to the player because modern games are complex and good design takes note of the advancements made in human factors and ergonomics.

All GGG wants is to stop or remove people that automate game play to heightened levels (namely botting). They don't care if you physically pressed 1 and 2 on your keyboard or you just programmed a macro to do that and tied it to your middle click mouse button. So long as it's you playing the game and controlling the hero and manually making those inputs, it's all gravy.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Dec 7, 2016, 2:43:57 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
Although I(and I guess all sane people) agree with your reasoning, it was stated many times by GGG that bolded part is wrong(i.e. multiflask macros DO violate the ToS). That's not something you can reason about, that's GGG's holy cow. Better not touch it :p

Proof?

And if that is indeed the case then I why don't they ban half the streamers? Because even some of the more prominent ones are using macros just like the ones you say GGG would ban you for. Also a log out macro, which you guys say is ok, is not a single command, it's actually a combination, so that's bannable too.

Like can't even anymore with this thread...
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info