PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Breach feels extremely un-tested.

Like, it's just problematic in so many ways that should have easily been caught by just a few hours of testing... I noticed all of these issues in the first couple hours of the league, I have to imagine if this was tested internally at all this stuff would have been caught easily.

1) The visuals. My god the visuals. Seriously, didn't you guys learn from perandus? Giant clusterfucks of enemies saturated in flashy graphic effects each launching their attacks with more flashy graphical effects, so that virtually none of it is actually distinguishable, creating encounters where you have no clue who's doing what or what's going on. Oh, but you went and made it worse, because now there's a dark shader stretching across the ground too, with yet more effects like lightning clouds or fog to further add to the confusion.

Seriously, this visual clutter is NOT a positive thing for the game, not every little mob needs to look flashy, it's actually extremely detrimental to gameplay. The ground shader and all the mobs with all the effects makes very important things like the shocked ground or bonespire-style spikes or the stone-variant-frostwalls or even the Breachlords themselves extremely difficult to see. Doesn't help that their corpses linger around either, just piling up the clutter even further the more you kill.

2) Invisible enemies. Kinda ironic that one of the issues is things being too flashy, while another issue is things literally being invisible. Near the edge of the breaches, enemies are just plain invisible, yet able to attack. It's especially bad if you yourself go outside of the breach and the enemies follow you out... they visually disappear after leaving the breach, yet they still continue to attack in ways you can't even see. I mean fleeing to the outside of an overwhelming breach *should* be an acceptable response if things go bad, and instead the enemies are allowed to follow you out AND murder you without you even seeing them. Not cool at all.

3) The damage. Some of the damages are just obscene... taking heaps of damage from getting overwhelmed by the swarming is one thing, that's the risk, but some of the individual skills are just plain overtuned. The ball lightnings, for example. I was taking ~1200 damage per hit from these things while still in the merc (capped resist, ofc)... that's just ridiculously out of line, especially when they can hit repeatedly and overlap. Sure, they travel slowly, but that's not much consolation to a low-range/melee character that has zero time to move before the ball hits. And that's far from the only thing. Point #1 doesn't help matters, not being able to actually tell what to avoid because you can't see shit through all the visual clutter is part of the issue, but even when i can clearly see what's happening it's very clear that some of the damages are way out of line

4) The clasped hands. All those little containers that are revealed by the expanding breaches... why do they have to be clicked on? There's enemies swarming all about, constantly spawning and getting in the way (not just blocking your path or whatnot, but actually preventing you from being able to left-click on the container itself with their hitbox), and having to actually click on the containers to open them before the breach retracts is painfully frustrating. They should open just by walking over them, just like the breaches themselves.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 6, 2016, 3:05:27 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 10:45:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Honestly, it feels like they spent their entire budget on the DX11 and performance improvements. I mean I LOVE that they did that, the game runs so smooth and it was crap before, like straight crap, but then it was like, oh snap, we gotta make a new league like what do we do? We don't have time or money left... quick come up with something.

Even the supporter packs are like half done. They couldn't even finish the gloves on the achievements!

And now they are pumping out Essence and Divination stash tabs. Like what? The value of the currency tab is that it allows us to overstack a currency. I guess that make sense for Essences, even though you don't even need to pick up low tier ones, but Div cards? Who is going to want to store 54 cards from a set? Like when it's complete, you turn it in.

Maybe they're investing all their resources into 3.0 and couldn't care less about this league.
Deliver pain exquisite
So the invisible mobs thing... that's intentional according to a support member's post here earlier.

Rory apparently mentioned in a stream chat the possibility of the clasped hands being activated/opened by proximity, which would be amazing, since name-lock-clicking them can be a death sentence.
U MAD?
Agree with OP 100%, 1000% about the visual vomit.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
Docbp87 wrote:
So the invisible mobs thing... that's intentional according to a support member's post here earlier.

More lab type bs where things can kill you but you cant attack them.

The game doesnt run nearly as good as it did. Cpu and video card are getting much warmer.

You should never sacrafice playablity for flashy graphics, especially in a game that moves as fast as poe.
Last edited by Chadwixx on Dec 6, 2016, 3:49:58 PM
Agree on all points in OP and I hope this stuff will be polished. Still, Breach is quite a fun league.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

More lab type bs where things can kill you but you cant attack them.

The game doesnt run nearly as good as it did. Cpu and video card are getting much warmer.

You should never sacrafice playablity for flashy graphics, especially in a game that moves as fast as poe.

Dont share your sensible arguments here... you are draining the swamp.
Invisible things that see you but you cant see them and traps that kill you are just what we need in poe.

This league does cut in a bit into me playing while watching TV but hey, you gotta switch it up a bit.
Now there is a risk and reward thing here, should i reward myself by watching tv or risk to miss that awesome tv moment by opening a breach.

See, you just need to think a bit differently and you will come to love our new way of life.

Cheerio
-froggem-
!00% Agree with OP. Worst Leuge so far by a long shot. And perandus was bad...
I actually feel by GGGs standards it's a fairly polished mechanics.

The visual aids is aids on eyes and ground effects are more aids, but that's more of a design decision.

I think breach implementation is quite polished, but maybe I haven't gotten to the crazy breaches yet or something

Perandus mobs were so much more laggy and performance fucking

I also really like the whole greed vs risk thing in running for chest hands. Unless of course you have instant leech, then you can just boringly leech tank through all aids.
"
Honestly, it feels like they spent their entire budget on the DX11 and performance improvements. I mean I LOVE that they did that, the game runs so smooth and it was crap before, like straight crap, but then it was like, oh snap, we gotta make a new league like what do we do? We don't have time or money left... quick come up with something.
Strange... no posts from WKs saying "hurr durr engine development and content creation are made by different people"... where are you guys?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info