Get a better AMD driver, jesus.

I have R9 380 4 GB and I'm using Crimson 16.10.1. On DX9, game likes to drop FPS to below 30, even on lowest settings. If I play on DX11, I get graphical glitches and memory leaks. So yeah, fun.
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
I have R9 380 4 GB and I'm using Crimson 16.10.1. On DX9, game likes to drop FPS to below 30, even on lowest settings. If I play on DX11, I get graphical glitches and memory leaks. So yeah, fun.

Adding --noasync to the command line stops the artifacts with the DX11 client, at least with Windows 7. It will, however, increase load times/instance switching significantly.
I have AMD card, have not updated like 5 years, not because poe works slower or faster, but because once i have attempted updating it i got blue screen of death every time booting pc up..
"
Kellog wrote:
"
e1iphas wrote:
I don't know if this is AMD related. I have r7 260x and I experience many freezes especially when game suddenly load monsters/spell effects, for example when I am opening a strongbox. All my friends have the exact same problem to.

OS version? GPU Driver version? PoE client type?

Win 7 64, Drivers 16.11.5, 32 bit client.
"
e1iphas wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
"
e1iphas wrote:
I don't know if this is AMD related. I have r7 260x and I experience many freezes especially when game suddenly load monsters/spell effects, for example when I am opening a strongbox. All my friends have the exact same problem to.

OS version? GPU Driver version? PoE client type?

Win 7 64, Drivers 16.11.5, 32 bit client.

The original DX9 client is really pretty bad right now, not sure what they did to it. Have you tried using either the DX9ex or DX11 clients? Be warned, the DX11 client has issues with screen tearing and artifacts. However, adding --noasync to the command line seems to help.
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
I have R9 380 4 GB and I'm using Crimson 16.10.1. On DX9, game likes to drop FPS to below 30, even on lowest settings.

What CPU are you using?
Perception is reality.

Yes I switched between various Direct X modes, tried 32bit/64bit nothing seems to help. My friends have the exact same problem since we started playing the game. Freezes when game loading assets, stuttering in areas with burning ground, lightning etc.
Last edited by e1iphas on Dec 7, 2016, 7:16:57 AM
"
widardd wrote:
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
I have R9 380 4 GB and I'm using Crimson 16.10.1. On DX9, game likes to drop FPS to below 30, even on lowest settings.

What CPU are you using?

I have Intel i5-3450.
Playing on my RX470,latest drivers, DX11 all max- fps seems ok
"
e1iphas wrote:

Meh, had this problem since 1.3.0, and I changed my system from a full AMD notebook with A10-4600M and HD 7730M (Asus N56DP) to another with FX-7600P and R9 M280X (Asus N550ZU), kept the 16 GB RAM and The Samsung 840 EVO for it's 500 GB space - now I have a HD 7790/R7 260X in my notebook and still have those problems, although before the 2.4.2 and the experimental DX11 client things were a lot better. And I used Win 7/8/8.1 and now 10 Pro on x64 and the best performance until a while ago was on Catalyst Omega 14.12, but since the new clients, I'm using Crimson 16.9.2, and I'll try the Relive version tomorrow - I play via Steam which had an annoying problem, and wouldn't let me even start the game on Crimson until 2.4.2, but the standalone client was ok with every Crimson version...

I always played in 1080p and I don't want to downgrade the graphics, if I did that, I wouldn't play the game, I'm a casual n00b hoarder mainly so I don't pay too much attention to maximum performance... Even now, I'm on the DX 11 client as it feels smoother than the D9DX, even with the performance hit due to forced low shadows...

They do have more work ahead, but I hope that in a couple of months things will improve even for us AMD users.,,

By the way, on 1080p PoE was smooth as butter on a PC with FX-6300, 8 GB RAM, Samsung 840 Basic 250 GB and an R9 290X with all the graphics on max, on Win 8.1/10 Pro x64 (little brother's config), with Catalyst 14.12 Omega or Crimson 16.6, so not everyone with a full AMD rig was affected...

PS: And I do hate that using Sunder/Lightning Strike drops me to a few (<10) FPS for a couple of seconds when the hits reach the monsters, but that happened to a lesser extent before (with the old client I never dropped below 20 FPS, but I didn't used shadows) - and even on D9DX I drop below those 10 FPS, although my main skill Static Strike never drops me below 15 FPS, I have to thank Volatiles, Bearers and Obelisks for the playing ranged "melee" part...

Oh and I do play Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, Torchlight I/II and Grim Dawn on max without a hiccup so I blame at least part of these problems on the client-server interaction (my IPS is not at fault as I do play a lot of Dota 2, Tribes Ascend or Mechwarrior Online and the 500 Mbps connection holds perfectly), as changing from lockstep to predictive improves a bit the performance (but the input lag and rubber banding at times are more horrible than one shots)...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 7, 2016, 8:49:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info