Get a better AMD driver, jesus.

Honestly, i've been having nothing but issues, you guys really need to work with AMD to get a better damn driver out there for these cards.

A 2 year old driver shouldn't work better than the newer driver out for this game.

Had to revert to a 2014 driver and it runs crystal smooth compared to this newer one.

I play hc so i'm not looking to die due to a miscalculation on yours and AMD's end. You guys are suppose to be genius's.

get it done.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 8:33:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Except thats AMDS job lmao.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Except thats AMDS job lmao.

That's actually not true. Both developers should be in sync. If GGG isn't using the latest APIs and libraries, etc. that has nothing to do with AMD.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
paulyfr3sh wrote:
Honestly, i've been having nothing but issues, you guys really need to work with AMD to get a better damn driver out there for these cards.

What makes you think Crimson lacks support for PoE?

"
paulyfr3sh wrote:

Had to revert to a 2014 driver and it runs crystal smooth compared to this newer one.

Had to because? What makes you think the driver itself was the issue, not a corrupted file for example you fixed by reinstalling the driver?

Latest Crimson running fine here.
Perception is reality.
Latest crimson running absolutely horrible here. It is playable, but not a nice experience and made go to verge of quitting the game many times. At crucial and most difficult moments, fps goes down to 10 with some freezes.

Full amd rig. Will never buy amd hardware again.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
paulyfr3sh wrote:

A 2 year old driver shouldn't work better than the newer driver out for this game.

I play hc so i'm not looking to die due to a miscalculation on yours and AMD's end. You guys are suppose to be genius's.

get it done.

I run the game on a fx8350/hd7870 with 16.11.5 and DX11.1/Windows7 and it runs very well. A while ago, I spent several days running different AMD drivers, going back to 14.12, from these tests, apart from a few decidedly bad drivers, I found the latest Crimson drivers to offer the best performance.

That said, with the release of 2.5, testing the DX9 driver was just awful in comparison to the DX11.1 client. Unfortunately, the DX11.1 client has some serious issues with graphic corruption and unless one adds --noasync, it's unusable, it also seems to affect the DX9ex client too.

Whatever works, I guess...
I don't know if this is AMD related. I have r7 260x and I experience many freezes especially when game suddenly load monsters/spell effects, for example when I am opening a strongbox. All my friends have the exact same problem to.
Last edited by e1iphas on Dec 6, 2016, 10:37:38 PM
"
e1iphas wrote:
I don't know if this is AMD related. I have r7 260x and I experience many freezes especially when game suddenly load monsters/spell effects, for example when I am opening a strongbox. All my friends have the exact same problem to.

OS version? GPU Driver version? PoE client type?
AFAIR, GGG wanted to work with AMD but they simply got ignored.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
AFAIR, GGG wanted to work with AMD but they simply got ignored.

That's the popular story...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info