New Uniques of Interest

GGG's new post of all these new uniques brings up some interesting ones I had yet to see.

I'll leave the Breach-specific ones separate, as some of those are game changing enough to deserve separate threads.

Abberath's Hooves seem tailor-made for Chieftains. Even if the Abberath's Fury it offers is mediocre, the 1% fire damage per 20 strength, in combination with strength's natural bonus, and the fire/strength stacking of chieftain as is...It should actually be really potent in the right builds. And I do very much want to see what those Burning Hoofprints are like. I do question the wording of the ignite bonus "Ignite another Nearby Enemy on Killing an Ignited Enemy." It seems separate from Prolif, yet acting in a similar fashion. Since it isn't Prolif, I do wonder if it will stack WITH Prolif.

Arakalli's Fang seems as if it might be an interesting offhand or leveling weapon for Summoners, if the Raise Spider is any good. I don't recall if on kill effects proc off your minions, but even if they don't, a simple Arc Culling Strike can make use of it, and using Arc for EE and a Curse is common already with some summoner builds.

Duskdawn, Maelstrom Staff looks to me as if it is made from Shade of Solaris and something else. Perhaps a vendor-formed unique again? Those are cool. As for its stats, it strikes me as the spell version of Kondo's Pride. Not a style I'm fond of, but a doable style none the less, and more doable with spells, as accuracy is not an issue.

Sin's Rebirth....For when you want Unholy Might and can't offhand Death's Hand? Or just use a couple of those 5% jewels? It is extra damage, and ignite immunity, which is handy...It seems to be straight competing with Witchfire Brew. If you're already casting a Vuln aura, I would assume it would surpass Brew in most cases.

Kitava's Feast, is another 7L unique...But with an interesting variant this time. L25 Melee Splash and all that recovery should be really handy, especially with Reflect intensive builds, like Infernal Blow perhaps. I would wonder how exactly the "destroyed on kill" would work. Presumably it would stop Prolif...If you were doing a Prolif Splash build, for some reason. I'd assume it would also stop Necromancers and other similar things. Would it interfere with things like Infernal Blow or Abyssal Cry, however?

- Sheepster
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 12:40:54 PM
Kitava's Feast, it just occurred to me, might be good for minion builds. Free Splash gems, and lots of recovery...Whether that recovery ends up applying to your or the minions, it'd be useful. Also should prevent you from being trapped in a loop with enough Necromancers to out summon your damage.

- Sheepster
Duskdawn is Shade of Solaris + the Light of Lunaris shield.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
Commoble wrote:
Duskdawn is Shade of Solaris + the Light of Lunaris shield.

Is it really? Interesting. I do like these combined/vendor uniques. Not sure I'd really use the Lunaris Shield as is, but I would use the Shade wand alone. Not sure I count the staff as better than just using two Shade wands.

- Sheepster
Ha. Just had someone in a stream point something out...With the Choir of the Storm Breach Amulet.....Vessel of Vinktar can now give us crit. LOLOLOL

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info