In Path of Exile you find a good item and try to buy it but

- character is not online
- character is AFK
- character is doing a map so you need to wait 10 minutes
- character already sold the item
- character is a troll who shows off an item they have no intention of selling
- character immediately removes the item and puts it back with a higher price
- character tells you they made a mistake, lol

In Diablo 3 vanilla you find a good item and click on it, you purchase it immediately and its in your inventory, GG
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 6, 2016, 5:37:25 AM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 3:54:58 PM
I must be so goddamn lucky when I trade.

I'm building a Goddess Unleashed Juggernaught and don't think I've had any issues trading for the various gems and items along the way.

What is it you're actually looking for?

Am I aiming too low with the items I'm buying that I miss all the trolls and bastards?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I WUB TRADE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Once I experienced the heaven that is the auction house I have only frustrations with this poe system.
Poe.trade being 30mins + behind (not their fault it seems) show the flaws now. It's horrible to buy something now as most things are gone but still showing. Also for the sellers they are getting spammed with messages for their items.

Tried to buy one simple vaal gem for 2 days now, I gave up.
What I don't get is why after I ask them to buy something the seller immediately puts the item in question at a 10 times more expensive price. Good luck trying to get the most out of your piece of trash, lol

Oh, but I try to purchase something from a guy who actually wont put it again for more? Its already sold, so good!
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 6, 2016, 6:35:04 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
What I don't get is why after I ask them to buy something the seller immediately puts the item in question at a 10 times more expensive price.

most people don't want to negotiate prices. so sellers adapt their strategy without making the buyer negotiating ... different approach, same result.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I find that EVERYONE exaggerates about trading. Even those that say they "have never had problems" are essentially lying to keep the status quo. Trade in this game is almost always a lie and an exaggeration.

Old ancient Chinese proverb: You can’t build your castle on quicksand and expect it not to sink

Walls fall out.

Making all kinds of gains.
"
vio wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
What I don't get is why after I ask them to buy something the seller immediately puts the item in question at a 10 times more expensive price.

most people don't want to negotiate prices. so sellers adapt their strategy without making the buyer negotiating ... different approach, same result.

No, they are simply lazy and didn't make their research. This is why they put the item in question underpriced and afterwards completely exaggerate it. Had it been the normal auction house people like this would be punished, now however they have an easy safety net which makes actually purchasing stuff even more of a pain in the butt.
"
I WUB TRADE

Oh really?

"
Really really hate trading

I hope you do too :9
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info