Things hit way too hard.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
Game needs a rebalance, badly. challenge needs to come from being overrun or wore down when facing equal level mons. One shot mechanics simply fucking suck and are no fun. Usually people only know a mon is tough because it killed you before you saw or registered it.

And this breach league...

Dammit. Quality > quantity. A game with packs of five mons you have to kite apart and take out one at a time is fun, packs of 20 mons you can kill with a sneeze are boring, and making those 20 packs 50 packs is not addressing the issue.

I would LOVE to see a rebalance that dropped mon population by 3/4s, and ramped up the individual toughness WITHOUT making them able to one shot supposedly tanky chars. Especially for bosses.

Need to nerf life regen and flasks to make any new balance work, but it could make the game so much better

Seriously? You think life regen is a problem? Than what is life leech?

It was in context of a full rebalance. With life regen, es recharge, and flasks that fill up so fast there is little that can be done to increase difficulty aside from one shots. Without all that, with attrition a factor, there would be more ways to challenge players...without simply killing them without them seeing what hit them.

As an aside, a rebalance that decreased mob sizes would not only significantly improve performance on lower end systems, but it would also be much easier on GGG's servers, decreasing their own costs. On top of the benefit of having non boss encounters be interesting
"
there is little that can be done to increase difficulty aside from one shots.

Nah, it's just your imagination that's limited. Not thinking outside the box. They COULD introduce "wounding" on boss hits. Instead of one shots, they hit you for a percentage of your life, leaving you "wounded", making all recovery less effective for a certain time.

This will encourage player skill, combinations and movement reactions instead of spamming flasks. It will force more "in and out" situation, instead of face tanking everything with instant leech, and only hard dodge telegraphed skills. It will introduce more "near death experiences" where you actually feel that your decisions makes a difference.

All of the above is regarding non-telegraphed boss skills. Telegraphed one-shots are OK. One-shots by regular monsters always happens IF:

a) You lack defenses
b) There's a combination of dangerous synergies.
c) You're trying to bite over too much without regarding mods on bosses
d) Super high crits (which, I agree, can be overtuned sometimes).

Regarding b)
If standing on shocked ground, in a triple added damage map, -max resists while bleeding, taking some hits from regular monsters and dies in 0.1 seconds, and you're calling that a "one shot", there's nothing GGG can do, unless they change EVERYTHING. If the sum of 4-5-6 dangerous things can't kill you, there's not much point in playing this game.

In my eyes, the only "one shots" presenting a problem, are the ones happening without presenting you with a solution - before or during. If you're running a VERY hard map, you BETTER read those mods, and may be forced to take your time.

And if you feel forced to run stupidly hard maps to get those map returns, the problem ins't the damage - the problem is map drops.

(and no, all of this wasn't a reply to you, but your quoted sentence triggered my response to this thread)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
WHEW Disruptors + Gargs uber izaro WOOOO

THANK YOU 10K ES

THANK YOU

n vp

yes vp

y es ghost reaver

Only reason why I can do hard breaches on hard maps

That and Flameblast is bullshit
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 7, 2016, 1:35:26 AM
"

THANK YOU 10K ES

THANK YOU

n vp

yes vp

y es ghost reaver

My EQ Slayer with 5.5k HP shits upon Izaro with those buffs.
Life build CAN deal with high physical damage, because of armour and endurance charges (though my slayer has 0 armour). But you cant deal with elemental damage.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

THANK YOU 10K ES

THANK YOU

n vp

yes vp

y es ghost reaver

Life build CAN deal with high physical damage, because of armour and endurance charges (though my slayer has 0 armour). But you cant deal with elemental damage.

You can do disruptors full charges and gargs with 5.5k hp? Stream that shit you would impress me no fucking way unless you DPS him so fucking fast before he even kills you.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

THANK YOU 10K ES

THANK YOU

n vp

yes vp

y es ghost reaver

You can do disruptors full charges and gargs with 5.5k hp? Stream that shit you would impress me no fucking way unless you DPS him so fucking fast before he even kills you.

pretty sure charges and gargs dont make him do ele damage, so a jugg can tank that with 5k life by using end charges
"
grepman wrote:
pretty sure charges and gargs dont make him do ele damage, so a jugg can tank that with 5k life by using end charges

Yeah, Blaster should be a cakewalk with high mitigation and stibnite if needed, as long as you stick to him like glue so Master doesn't get to use the barrage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I'm at 239 splinters of Xoph now and 4 (four!!!) splinters of Chayula. They don't show up often. I was pretty happy when I found myself in a Chayula breach recently. The map wasn't a hard one. Tier 9 with extra damage as cold and 50% less curse effectiveness (I run Temp Chains and Enfeeble as my defense, 5k life + 1k ES).

A rare revenant pops up immediately and starts chunking the fuck out of me. I manage to kill everything else and get away. I get it down to almost dead and Berserk Fury kicks in. I'm at full life and an inch away so my curses can affect it. I'm dead about .1 second later.

Doesn't seem fun. Definitely happy with my decision to never play HC ever again, since POE is far from being an HC-viable game now. Game balance is utterly fucked.

Also, what the fuck is up with Chayula splinters? I am so fucking tired of absurd rarity gating mechanics on content. With something like Uber Atziri, I don't mind too much since it's identical to existing content. This shit? Fuck it right to death. This shit needs to go.
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 7, 2016, 9:26:24 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
I'm at 239 splinters of Xoph now and 4 (four!!!) splinters of Chayula. They don't show up often. I was pretty happy when I found myself in a Chayula breach recently. The map wasn't a hard one. Tier 9 with extra damage as cold and 50% less curse effectiveness (I run Temp Chains and Enfeeble as my defense, 5k life + 1k ES).

A rare revenant pops up immediately and starts chunking the fuck out of me. I manage to kill everything else and get away. I get it down to almost dead and Berserk Fury kicks in. I'm at full life and an inch away so my curses can affect it. I'm dead about .1 second later.

Doesn't seem fun. Definitely happy with my decision to never play HC ever again, since POE is far from being an HC-viable game now. Game balance is utterly fucked.

Also, what the fuck is up with Chayula splinters? I am so fucking tired of absurd rarity gating mechanics on content. With something like Uber Atziri, I don't mind too much since it's identical to existing content. This shit? Fuck it right to death. This shit needs to go.

Chayula is basically this league's version of Uber Atziri though. Not only does that one have the higher end items, but its a higher end zone (level 80)

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Uber Atziri is identical to Atziri. If you've already done Atziri, there's no new "content" there, just higher numbers. Chayula is unique content. They're in the habit gating unique content behind absolutely ridiculous amounts of grinding now. Self found players were already fucked with content like The Vinktar Square, while regular players just have it gated behind a bit of wealth. Now we're apparently going to get fucked like this as a standard.

Atziri was the top of the slippery slope as far as content gating goes. All we could hope for was that GGG didn't fuck up and take us further down that rabbit hole. Well, here we are, traveling further and further down through the filth and the exrement. At this point we just have to hope we're at the bottom and GGG reevaluates their current terrible practices stops rarity-fucking us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info