[2.6] LowRes' Elemental Machine Gun Frost Blades Raider [Cheap]

"
Moridin79 wrote:
Loving the build so far. Only through normal in BHC but I was surprised with how comfortable the leveling is so far.

Maybe I'm missing something here but what about taking Twin Terrors? Also, maybe a bit of a stretch but how about Fangs of Frost?

Twin Terror is in the build. Grabbing Fangs of Frost would depend on your gear. In the case of my gear, it would not be worth it because the majority of my damage is Lightning. Arcing blows is also an option, especially if you go for the Written in Blood cluster. I just wasn't able to fit it in my build. Too much good stuff, not enough points!
Last edited by lowres83 on Dec 9, 2016, 3:15:23 PM
"
Ah ok, didn't see that. Thank you.

Since I play HC I'm going to have to cut some damage from tree anyway. Hard to decide which though. Planning to end up with about 220% life.

I would cut Charisma first. Run Heralds + Blasphemy Enfeeble.

Any reason why you're running wrath instead of hatred? I'm running a frostbaldes ranger on hardcore breach, currently level 66 and its going pretty good, breaches are kind of rippy though.
"
skEnc wrote:
Any reason why you're running wrath instead of hatred? I'm running a frostbaldes ranger on hardcore breach, currently level 66 and its going pretty good, breaches are kind of rippy though.

You choose Wrath for elemental attack builds. Elemental attack builds want flat elemental damage and attack speed.

You choose Hatred for physical attack scaling builds. Hatred gives % physical damage added as cold damage.

You can go either way with Frost Blades, but the passive trees will be different.
Last edited by lowres83 on Dec 9, 2016, 7:20:45 PM
Leveling this currently on Breach, working well. nice fast clearing and mid to high survivability so far with acro/phase-acro at lv50ish. I highly suggest using Wild Strike while leveling as you wont have pDPS weapons to use Dual Strike effectively.

A reduced mana cost ring (Praxis rings are cheap, or you can grab an Elreon's ring) is a nice boost for leveling as this build is mana hungry when you have 5/6L running at lower levels.

Will report back when im 70ish and have a working set of mapping gear.
"
lowres83 wrote:
"
skEnc wrote:

You choose Wrath for elemental attack builds. Elemental attack builds want flat elemental damage and attack speed.

You choose Hatred for physical attack scaling builds. Hatred gives % physical damage added as cold damage.

You can go either way with Frost Blades, but the passive trees will be different.

Yes this. Ewars/ele foils heavily favor the added elem of heralds.
Also, heralds get % cold/lit as quality, which is very nice. hatred gets +aoe..

Personally I think heralds are a bit better overall. Hatred can be higher tooltip for a phys build.
But, dual heralds also, add to that aoe killing power. (part of my, "chain is not worth it") And, smash pots. HoT is worth just for pot smashing...
Hyaon's Fury and Rebuke of the Vaal are they a good choice vs single target? and do you consider them good for this build?
Is there any lvling tips plz? :)
i have better DPS with ADDED COLD instead of Inc Critical Strike, really better...
"
Paukinjo wrote:
Hyaon's Fury and Rebuke of the Vaal are they a good choice vs single target? and do you consider them good for this build?

Hyaon's Fury is too much of a liability.

Rebuke of the Vaal is only 130 EDPS. It's pretty bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info