[2.6] LowRes' Elemental Machine Gun Frost Blades Raider [Cheap]

"
lowres83 wrote:

Q: Any leveling tips?
A: Level with 2h weapons until you get to 26. Equip Ewar's and destroy everything.

I was intrigued by this words and did my best to lvl 26...then took my pair of Ewars and....it was awfull as fk...then I back to my facebreaker setup which available from lvl 16 and lvled to 62. Then tried again with all required gems...it was still afwull - a glass cannon with insta kite reaving all my mana in seconds (with pair of -8 Elreon rings). Well idk guys how do u play it. Defenetley not my style of game play....dont like to jump like a flee.... and solo target damage still weak. Hope I could respec to Ngamahu build
Hello, I am interested in making this build, however I am concerned when watching the sample videos and reading comments. It appears single target dps is quite bad.

I have an idea to modify the build in this way:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBABcmeoTQrUHQAAZieRX2m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-uhjbH0Hveu4Oa5AtTS9yEvF313SgBqIX3AYgFHVbrw2Nh3bjn0p9TipM_yPTj2BvJ5pqQzHyRTrh2L3-CsMzWhrawXTtBS167y5T02--p2VNvTZHfoTZpldN4_6PNZKjiiP2TZKNfTB8UUc-z73mN9TtP-dUJP3_3o2_BbXUIzBx3ahLeDpCwuy0xWKsbIydqgzypcs2PetjES8rCm87XfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_tfJ4DcAaAx7EorvjqW534wHckApqkxm0u56TmS4j_MU=

You will notice Dirty Tricks for DoT damage, Sniper for extra projectile speed and damage, and a lack of any elemental damage.

The idea is to switch to chaos damage, and use poison scaling. With a few gem and gear changes I think this may solve the problem.

For the main attack, run: Frost Blades - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Added Chaos Damage - Void Manipulation - Increased Critical Strikes
The sixth link could possibly be Culling Strike, etc.

Then simply wear the unique Snakebite gloves for free poison (hits poison while at maximum frenzy charges).

These changes also allow a few other modifications. For example, the use of defensive auras, or curses on Blasphemy (such as Temporal Chains and Assassin's Mark); and a Wither totem for boss damage scaling. Notice that the ascendancy is moved also from Avatar of the Veil, to Avatar of the Chase (from Phasing to Onslaught tree). With the use of the Perseverance belt, maintaining Fortify also allows permanent Onslaught, allowing flask changes. Other gearing options are also allowed, as one no longer needs flat ele + weapon ele % on every piece. For example, crafting jewelry with Essence of Envy (provides increased chaos damage). For additional poison scaling, many sources of added flat physical damage to attacks are available.
And of course, reflect damage becomes a non-issue, and there is room for Vaal Pact if desired.

Let me know what you think! Has anyone tried something similar for this build? Is anyone willing to? Otherwise I plan to do this after finishing my current experiment (Slayer Champion SRS with Blood Magic...)
Lowres, amazing build, i'm in love with it!

Question - Does Avatar of the Veil affect Frost Blade dmg?

Thanks!
s
Last edited by magnolina on Jan 1, 2017, 10:30:24 AM
"
madziee wrote:

The main issue with this build while leveling is mana - make sure you pick up the Essence Sap nodes in the bottom right of the tree until the mana settles out in the 70s - you can take the points out when you dont need them. hooking up blood magic to Whirling Blades is also critical for movement.

as for compaints about single target dps, yeah it is not great, it is a map clearing build - it trashes packs and moves quickly, swapping dual strike in to your 5l/6l for bosses is usually how you want to go depending on the boss.
"
magnolina wrote:
Lowres, amazing build, i'm in love with it!

Question - Does Avatar of the Veil affect Frost Blade dmg?

Thanks!

Yes
"
madziee wrote:
"
lowres83 wrote:

Q: Any leveling tips?
A: Level with 2h weapons until you get to 26. Equip Ewar's and destroy everything.

I was intrigued by this words and did my best to lvl 26...then took my pair of Ewars and....it was awfull as fk...then I back to my facebreaker setup which available from lvl 16 and lvled to 62. Then tried again with all required gems...it was still afwull - a glass cannon with insta kite reaving all my mana in seconds (with pair of -8 Elreon rings). Well idk guys how do u play it. Defenetley not my style of game play....dont like to jump like a flee.... and solo target damage still weak. Hope I could respec to Ngamahu build

Maybe the issue is between your chair and keyboard? ;)
So I really love this build. Absolutely and incredibly fun and crazy cheap.

My first attempt at this died ("huh those guys were purple I wonder what they did") and I want to give it another shot, but I would like to see if there's a way to make this a bit tankier (I play BHC).

Any thoughts on that?
Quick question - The CoH proc with Heralds...

I was planning on putting CoH + HoT + Assassins Mark on my weap, and then linking Enlighten + Wrath + HoI + Empower on another piece of gear.

I'm just wondering if this is a good idea.. i'd test it myself but have almost nothing left to reroll xD
I know the multiplier on empower will hurt but i wonder to what extent.

Thanks!
dont know why, but feels better cleer speed with Wild Strike
ign: HaruMamberu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info